1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by halcyon, Jun 13, 2019.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. megabigeye
    Aaaaaah hahahaha! Oh, wow. You're right! I'm an idiot! I made that post after having a couple cocktails the other night and went with it the next morning. I thought there was something not quite right, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'm right if you go by Terrence Howard Math.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  2. jasonb
    Even the Hidizs Sonata HDII drains a phone battery kind of fast. Especially when you're also streaming music, not playing stuff that's already on your phone.

3. Coldheart29
    Imagine how long it'd take to charge a modern phone at 2mA :V

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  4. Ynot1
    THX AAA amp supposedly draws very little power. I wonder how long it would be before it comes out in a usbc dongle form factor.

5. megabigeye
    "Battery Status: 8% Extreme Slow Charging
    About 12 weeks until full"

6. gr8soundz
    No usb c yet afaik but there's an in-line 3.5mm cable version coming:
    https://helmaudio.com/products/boostcable

Ynot1 and NotKunvinced like this.
  7. G_T_J
    Has anyone tried the ALPHA & DELTA TYPE-C?
    If so, is it any good and how it compares with the competition?

8. Extrasensory
    What is the difference between Meizu Hifi-Dac non-Pro (approximately $33) vs Meizu Hifi-Dac Pro (approximately $50)?

Thanks in advance

9. alex5908
    Could all the users having the USB Type C DACs post/write the autonomy of the devices they use? Like the the transport name/brand, battery capacity and the duration it lasts on one charge using their USB Type C DACs. Hope my request does not sound outrageous.

10. artpiggo
    Has separated opamp for pro version.

I tested the pro version. Still not favor.

11. Markez452
    This is kind of hard to evaluate because I use my phone for other thing while listening to music (OnePlus 7 pro); I am using the ibasso DC02 and probably it consumes the battery 30% faster.

alex5908 likes this.
  12. Amsterdam
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    CANiSLAYu and NotKunvinced like this.
  13. megabigeye
    Do you mean that if you normally use 10% per hour it goes up to 13% per hour? Or do you mean that 10% / hour goes up to 40% / hour? The former would be fine, the latter... Not so much.

14. capitanharlock
    PlantsmanTX likes this.
  15. alex5908
    Thanks a lot.
    I am still choosing between DC01 and 02. They say the DC01 autonomy is twice as less but the SQ is much better as compared to DC02.

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last