USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jul 22, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #92 of 6,485
Better than or just as good? How can a $50 dongle sound better than a $450 DAP?

Let me answer from my opinion, in this price range of $450, it depends.

Cuz there are shanling m5s, ibasso dx120, fiio x5iii/M11. They all sound differently.

So it depends on your preference in addition to quality.

For example, I can prefer dx120 more than dc01. So I rank it above while I dont like shanling, fiio signature much then I prefer dc01 over them.

Or you might prefer sony / AK over this dc01. It all possible.

However I pretty sure dc01 can win on <250$ DAP as a baseline for me. Over than that, preference needs taking into account.

Jul 22, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #93 of 6,485
Just a quick question...Which is the behaviour when adjusting the volume with UAC app using physical buttons? It would be ideal to have all 64 steps with the screen off.

I just received it and I anwer myself. Outside the app you can't use the buttons to adjust the volume, anyway you can slide the notification area and there is a - and + to make quick adjustments (it remembered my V10) it works for me.

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #99 of 6,485
A $450 DAP has way more components than a dongle, so actually if a "simple" dongle cost $50 I'd imagine it to to sound better :beyersmile:

First $100 for DAP is for OS development and screen

Next $50 charged for body design and battery and QC all wiring and solder

Next $50 charged for convenience (BT,Wifi,Streaming license) that user can get from its DAP instead of just dac/amp with no UI and control

The rest is value of sound quality.

If we randomly compare dac/amp and DAP at same price, most likely dac/amp wins in SQ.

Ibasso is good at squeezing the best SQ while reproduct at most reasonable price so it is possible to acheive better.

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #101 of 6,485
Got the DC01 and I must say I am enjoying the dynamism in the music it serves. For the price I think this is really a no brainer. If course it won't compete with the zx300 I have, however as a USB c dongle I just think it's very good value for money and a convenient way to transform the music out of your Android devices.
I even tried it with a MacBook Air and the stage was even better than from an Android device imo. I wanted to ask if anyone tried the iematch with this for sensitive iems? Ricky and Alex... Please shed some light on this

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #103 of 6,485

Users who are viewing this thread

Back