1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by halcyon, Jun 13, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last
  1. artpiggo
    That's china.release. still need couple more weeks for.global release.

2. artpiggo
    Ibasso.com also sell

3. PlantsmanTX
    I should have specified "in the U.S.".

DC02.png

4. Leo-rume
    Any chance we can get your final impressions on these? Especially on the Meizu dongle. How does it compare with the other more expensive dongles there purely from a sound perspective. The build quality is not usually an issue for me.

5. PlantsmanTX
    In response to a question on Facebook, Ibasso said the DC01 will have the AK4490 dac instead of the AK4493 the DC01 has, which makes me much less interested in it.

6. Jemabaris
    https://imgur.com/CmrIMOK

Looks like the DC02 will have the same chip as the 01. (I suppose you meant the DC02 cause you wrote DC01 twice)

PlantsmanTX likes this.
  7. PlantsmanTX
    Yes, I meant the DC02. I guess he had a typing problem too, lol.
    ibasso 4490.png

8. Jemabaris

Burn it out??? I actually already ordered an adapter to do exactly that, to use my other headphones with unbalanced 3.5mm with the DC01. Is that really a thing? I've never heard about that happening.

9. PlantsmanTX
    Neither have I.

10. Jemabaris
    Okay, so looks like this is not gonna work... At least i found out about it before frying my DC01

"All this being said, the biggest caveat in talking about balanced versus single ended is because we (here at Moon Audio) get so many requests from people who want adapters for their single-ended cable on their headphone. For instance, because the grounds are tied on a 3.5mm pair of IEMs, someone might want an adapter (female 3.5mm to a balanced 2.5mm) for their Astell & Kern player. What they are doing when they plug the 3.5mm into the adapter is shorting-to-ground the two balanced channels, which essentially shorts the two amplifier circuits to ground. This can damage the amplifier. Of course, there are 3rd party retailers online that create these products without warning their customers of the damage they are potentially causing to their hardware. They just want to make a profit and have no concern for the well-being of the customer. In this case, if the digital audio player gets damaged, Astell &Kern will not cover the repair or replacement costs due to using a 3rd party unsupported adapter."

PlantsmanTX likes this.
  11. superuser1
    Can use balanced cables on a single ended port but can't use subtle ended cables on a balanced port

12. auronthas
    Looks like DC02 is much less power than DC01, please correct if i am wrong.

DC01 , 113mW @ 32ohm ... which is equivalent to 1.9 Vrms
    DC02, 0.9Vrms @ 32ohm (as published), which is equivalent to 25mW only.

what's DC02 benefit?

13. artpiggo
    For.those who stick to primal 3.5 mm plug user.

14. auronthas
    Thanks. Will there be higher power 3.5mm iBasso DAC/AMP (DC03) for high impedance HD650?

15. snip3r77
    usually should be divide by 2 when comparing balanced and not balanced.
    I hope it's cheaper for dc02. Is it using the same dac chip?

PlantsmanTX likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Next

Last