1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by halcyon, Jun 13, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. SupremusDoofus
    It will be, but he wont unless someone sends him a unit.

2. artpiggo
    Let me answer from my opinion, in this price range of $450, it depends.

Cuz there are shanling m5s, ibasso dx120, fiio x5iii/M11. They all sound differently.

So it depends on your preference in addition to quality.

For example, I can prefer dx120 more than dc01. So I rank it above while I dont like shanling, fiio signature much then I prefer dc01 over them.

Or you might prefer sony / AK over this dc01. It all possible.

However I pretty sure dc01 can win on <250$ DAP as a baseline for me. Over than that, preference needs taking into account.

SupremusDoofus likes this.
  3. dacari
    I just received it and I anwer myself. Outside the app you can't use the buttons to adjust the volume, anyway you can slide the notification area and there is a - and + to make quick adjustments (it remembered my V10) it works for me.

4. Chessblitzer2017
    Anyone know when the 3.5 version of the dc01 will be available

5. artpiggo
    Mid August I think

6. TooPoorForHiFi
    Does the iBasso DC01 have Dual DAC?

7. artpiggo
    No single

TooPoorForHiFi likes this.
  8. koziakauzu
    A $450 DAP has way more components than a dongle, so actually if a "simple" dongle cost $50 I'd imagine it to to sound better :beyersmile:

9. artpiggo
    First $100 for DAP is for OS development and screen

Next $50 charged for body design and battery and QC all wiring and solder

Next $50 charged for convenience (BT,Wifi,Streaming license) that user can get from its DAP instead of just dac/amp with no UI and control

The rest is value of sound quality.

If we randomly compare dac/amp and DAP at same price, most likely dac/amp wins in SQ.

Ibasso is good at squeezing the best SQ while reproduct at most reasonable price so it is possible to acheive better.

superuser1 likes this.
  10. SupremusDoofus
    I was thinking the same

11. superuser1
    Got the DC01 and I must say I am enjoying the dynamism in the music it serves. For the price I think this is really a no brainer. If course it won't compete with the zx300 I have, however as a USB c dongle I just think it's very good value for money and a convenient way to transform the music out of your Android devices.
    I even tried it with a MacBook Air and the stage was even better than from an Android device imo. I wanted to ask if anyone tried the iematch with this for sensitive iems? Ricky and Alex... Please shed some light on this

12. adolchristin
    Can I ask where you got the DC01? I'd like to obtain one here in the United States.

13. superuser1
    I got it from Penon

adolchristin likes this.
  14. adolchristin
    Awesome; thank you. I wasn't having any luck finding it out aliexpress.

15. tiamor988
    Just saw on taobao the DC-02 will be release on 5th August there.

PlantsmanTX likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last