USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #526 of 6,157
It must be a heck of a job trying to get this software to work with so many variables....Android builds, phones, external DACs and now network stuff all for less than $10 vs the $80+ software for computers.
I found my ASUS newer phone has the volume jump issues on first connecting a mobile DAC vs my old ASUS phone after experimenting.

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #527 of 6,157
  The last update fixed a lot of things, UAPP looks much better now, thank you.
Here are a few more features, nice to have:

-play resume after restarting UAPP
-finer increments for volume adjust [at least for USB HID]
-play through folders
-highlight the current playing track [in all screens that contain it]; also, don't restart it if it is pressed by mistake in a folder or tag screen.
-option to go to the folder of the currently playing track [not by default, but as a specific action] - This can be useful if I navigate away from that, and I want to get back there.
-play queue

Thank you!

Please try version 2.4.0:

"play resume after restarting UAPP"
2.4.0 remembers the playing queue, current song and song position (for most sources). It will not start playback automatically when starting UAPP, since that's usually not what you want.

"play through folders"
You can long-press a folder and select 'Play all', that was in previous versions already

"highlight the current playing track [in all screens that contain it];"
This is added in 2.4.0 for most data sources

"option to go to the folder of the currently playing track [not by default, but as a specific action]"
When a song is being played from local folder, long-pressing gave you that option already. Now you can select it from the 3-dot menu.

"play queue"
See 1.4.0.

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #528 of 6,157
Nice update! I always appreciate that your updates are meaningful additions, rather than just 'miscellaneous bug fixes'.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #529 of 6,157
Hi developer
I have a TVbox Himedia Q1 IV, I would like to use this app for my TV box, but I could not find my TVbox in your support list. So could you please extend your support, especially for Himedia TV box.
many thanks

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #530 of 6,157
  Hi developer
I have a TVbox Himedia Q1 IV, I would like to use this app for my TV box, but I could not find my TVbox in your support list. So could you please extend your support, especially for Himedia TV box.
many thanks

It's just a matter of trying the trial version. Please let us know if that works or not so we can update the compatibility list.

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #532 of 6,157
  Will UAPP be compatible with a Chromecast Audio device Davy?

We have looked into it in the last days, but it requires a lot of effort and odd changes to the app which we do not want (in a sender app). A receiver Chromecast app is perhaps possible, but still I wonder what the benefit would be since there is no USB involved.

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #533 of 6,157

We have looked into it in the last days, but it requires a lot of effort and odd changes to the app which we do not want (in a sender app). A receiver Chromecast app is perhaps possible, but still I wonder what the benefit would be since there is no USB involved.

The benefit would be the ability to wirelessly stream music from your phone to your hifi up to 24/96 hi res....very handy.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #534 of 6,157
  The benefit would be the ability to wirelessly stream music from your phone to your hifi up to 24/96 hi res....very handy.

Bluetooth aptX receiver dongle with RCA out to hifi ? Current ASUS phones also can transmit over aptX protocol.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #535 of 6,157
Is it possible to make it work with "generic" music widgets? Or can we have a bigger stock one that includes artwork too?

(I found one widget that works by pulling info from the notification controls. It's great and working with Onkyo HF as it has artworks in notifications, but UAPP doesn't show them)

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #536 of 6,157

I have been struggling to find an answer to this by just using the search function and not having much fun trying to solve the problem myself. I see that you can stream TIDAL to your DAC, via DAP using UAPP but is there a way to get Qobuz to work as well? Many thanks

Jan 15, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #538 of 6,157

I have been struggling to find an answer to this by just using the search function and not having much fun trying to solve the problem myself. I see that you can stream TIDAL to your DAC, via DAP using UAPP but is there a way to get Qobuz to work as well? Many thanks

Qobuz is not supported, if I'm not wrong something with licensing. Only with a "bug" in UAPP v 2.4.0 it worked (still works if using this verion) together with BubbleUPNP with shared playlist and UAPP DLNA access to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back