USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 9, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #5,941 of 6,179
How to connect UAPP to samba when i had like that, i have error "failed retrieving files. Check connection"

Here is my samba conf:

https://pastebin.com/aEQ13BGS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009_154014_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    Screenshot_20231009_154014_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 10, 2023 at 3:54 AM Post #5,942 of 6,179
For a few weeks I have this issue with UAPP draining all battery over night in background.

What's curious is that this happens when listening to Spotify (app) before bedtime, then turning off bluetooth headphones. In the morning the phone is dead, left with ≈ 25% at midnight.

UAPP is not even opened when this happens.

Reinstalled UAPP, this still happens. Setup power saving mode to kick in at below 10% and that kept my phone at 8% in the morning.

Does anyone have this?

Galaxy S10e / Android 12.

This drop was during last night:

Screenshot_20231010_075529_Device care.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #5,943 of 6,179
New User here!

Installed UAPP onto my new Shanling M6 Ultra last night and started playing around with it.

I have to say imo its a great app. I love the interface, most settings ootb for me are correct (I predominantly have local library holding all my CD rips and HD downloads), love the way "Composer" category is working, Album artists ignore "The", lots of UI configuration and of course gapless play :)

From initial testing it sounds great although I cannot sense a difference with the Shanling default player in "Prime Mode". That said, I think both apps sound fantastic so no problems there.

I am going to try a playlist now with radio internet steams in Flac as noted earlier in this thread.

All in all, a great application. Well done!

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #5,944 of 6,179
can someone help with .m3u playlists and radio Flac stream on UAPP?

I created the file "radio.m3u", I have a few streams listed inside, copied the file to the \UAPP\Playlists folder, restarted UAPP, goto "Playlists", selected the file and accepted "Yes" to convert to UAPP version.

When I select "radio" from the Playlists area, it shows "Tracks: 0"

Is it possible to get this to work or is this functionality not possible?

Many thanks in advance :)

Oct 19, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #5,945 of 6,179
can someone help with .m3u playlists and radio Flac stream on UAPP?

I created the file "radio.m3u", I have a few streams listed inside, copied the file to the \UAPP\Playlists folder, restarted UAPP, goto "Playlists", selected the file and accepted "Yes" to convert to UAPP version.

When I select "radio" from the Playlists area, it shows "Tracks: 0"

Is it possible to get this to work or is this functionality not possible?

Many thanks in advance :)

Have you tried putting the radio station stream links in the "Other Radio Stations" section, on the UAPP left-side menu?

Oct 19, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #5,946 of 6,179
Have you tried putting the radio station stream links in the "Other Radio Stations" section, on the UAPP left-side menu?
Hi, yes I did this for a few stations and it works perfectly. Sound quality is really fantastic.

I was hoping I could use a text file to import a more substantial list but no matter, I probably only listen to a few Radio Paradise streams together with a few classical. So it’s good enough for me. Great functionality though :thumbsup:

Many thanks

Oct 22, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #5,947 of 6,179
Hi UAPP Fans, do any of you happen to have a recent Samsung S23 or S23 Ultra and use the UAPP to listen to locally stored music library via LDAC connected Bluetooth and have tried the feature in UAPP/Settings/Internal Hires Driver/Use with Bluetooth Output( box checked).

On my older LG V60 with this box checked, my Bluetooth connection not only sounds cleaner and considerably more enjoyable, I am not certain but it seems to get the native sample rate only this way when the track's sample rate is over the base sample rate of the mixer.

I want to ask if anyone with a Samsung S23(or Ultra) has tried and used this feature and it actually works well on THAT phone. Some phones reportedly do not work with this feature, and one cannot check it in that case. If it doesnt work, I may stay clear of this phone.

Thank for your help!

JIm

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #5,948 of 6,179
Hi UAPP Fans, do any of you happen to have a recent Samsung S23 or S23 Ultra and use the UAPP to listen to locally stored music library via LDAC connected Bluetooth and have tried the feature in UAPP/Settings/Internal Hires Driver/Use with Bluetooth Output( box checked).

On my older LG V60 with this box checked, my Bluetooth connection not only sounds cleaner and considerably more enjoyable, I am not certain but it seems to get the native sample rate only this way when the track's sample rate is over the base sample rate of the mixer.

I want to ask if anyone with a Samsung S23(or Ultra) has tried and used this feature and it actually works well on THAT phone. Some phones reportedly do not work with this feature, and one cannot check it in that case. If it doesnt work, I may stay clear of this phone.

Thank for your help!

JIm
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and all the audio equipment shown in my signature. I am using UAPP to listen to WAV audio files, saved on my phone. I am using my iFi GO Pod all the time.

I always have this specific setting ticked, so Use with Bluetooth Output set to ON. I am always listening to LDAC 990/909kbps, fixed via the Bluetooth Codec Changer App.

Today, I've disabled and enabled this setting on the fly but I was not able to hear any difference in the sound quality, neither any temporary pause to the playback, indicating any change (like when we change codec, for example).

So, I am not sure if this setting actually does anything. But I leave it to ON (ticked), anyway.

If you think we could check this with any other of my Bluetooth devices, like the Qudelix-5K or the FiiO BTR7, let me know how.

Oct 23, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #5,949 of 6,179
Thanks Nick24JJ,

Appreciate the response. Well half good news, but I fear this feature is not working as well any more. When I used to test this on my V60, the sound did cut out with a significant pause, I may even had had to restart the track. Difference in sound was significant. I had not done this test for a while now, and my V60 has gone through updates thru many versions of Android 12 and now on 13. When I tried to duplicate your findings or my own again, I got the identical behavior you found. Absolutely no cutout, no change in sound, no perceivable difference. I am not sure what this means, but I am hoping the developer figured out how to get around the problem. If he is monitoring here perhaps he can answer. In otherwards, perhaps this setting is now no longer functional with certain OS builds?

Oct 23, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #5,951 of 6,179
Where is a good place to look for live stream links for the other radio station tab?

Oct 24, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #5,952 of 6,179
Oct 24, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #5,953 of 6,179
Problems with Samba v2 seem to be resolved in latest update

Oct 24, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #5,955 of 6,179
There'sa new update (See FB Post) and a new in app purchase ($5.99) where you can cast/send audio to your UPnP/DLNA device.

Anybody have a successful try.

I can't send audio thru UAPP to my streamer. Yet w/ BubbleUPnP yes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back