USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 11, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #5,853 of 6,188
When browsing locally stored albums, is there any way to scroll through more quickly than swiping through again and again? It make getting to albums at the lower end of the alphabet a real pain!

For example, on the artists tab, an alphabetical list appears on the right hand side of the screen, but this list is not present on the albums tab. (Odd, because if a user has more than one album by a single artist, they will definitely have more things to navigate through on the albums tab than the artist tab).

This, and the fact that I can't sort albums by artist and then by year are the only things stopping this app being absolutely perfect for me.

Aug 11, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #5,854 of 6,188
When browsing locally stored albums, is there any way to scroll through more quickly than swiping through again and again? It make getting to albums at the lower end of the alphabet a real pain!

For example, on the artists tab, an alphabetical list appears on the right hand side of the screen, but this list is not present on the albums tab. (Odd, because if a user has more than one album by a single artist, they will definitely have more things to navigate through on the albums tab than the artist tab).

This, and the fact that I can't sort albums by artist and then by year are the only things stopping this app being absolutely perfect for me.
Though, in the album tab, if I sort by album, I can see that the alphabet index does appear. (This makes sense, it was sorted by artist before). Cool.

Just the "sorting by artist and then year" on my wishlist now then!

Aug 15, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #5,855 of 6,188
Dear @Davy Wentzler i am big fan of uapp and i like it more than asio solutions in windows. Recently one of my dongle supporting native dsd256 sounded better with uapp's dsd to pcm conversion (albeit it gave lower volume as the uapp's processing might not be increasing the output back to 6db more). Can you please elaborate about how uapp converts dsd to pcm, like what low pass filter used and what accuracy etc etc? Also when uapp is going to get streaming to upnp devices?

Aug 22, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #5,856 of 6,188
bought uapp and mqa feature on a smartphone. now i would like to use it on my old ibasso dx200, that has no playstore. does anyone know how i can get a apk, that i can than verify once it is on the ibasso? it does not work with the trial version afaik.

Aug 22, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #5,858 of 6,188
bought uapp and mqa feature on a smartphone. now i would like to use it on my old ibasso dx200, that has no playstore. does anyone know how i can get a apk, that i can than verify once it is on the ibasso? it does not work with the trial version afaik.
Was looking for the APK as well, but seems only available via Play Store :frowning2:

Aug 22, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #5,859 of 6,188
Can you download the Playstore apk and then use that? You can on the DX240.

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #5,860 of 6,188
Can anyone help me?
Recently, i've pass the 300 mark in terms of total of songs in my library. However, when i press the "view more" button next to the "Recently added tracks", i can only have access to 300 songs. I can still see the songs in the "Tracks" option. Is that weird?

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #5,861 of 6,188

The best thing to do is to contact @Davy Wentzler at info@extreamsd.com

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #5,863 of 6,188
I want to praise UAPP. It is the best Music App that I have tried, by far, and it has worked pretty flawlessly for me. The design and UI is better than everything else that I have tried. Artist names, metadata, album art, etc UAPP just does the best job. Not perfect but closer than other apps I've tried. I just wish that it could be used without interacting with Skynet aka Google. I have the paid version. As far as I am aware, this cannot be used on a degoogled device. A bit of a pain for those privacy minded.

In terms of sound, both the Hiby Music and Fiio Music apps sound louder for sure. I would say that I prefer how they sound too, less flat sounding and a bit more lively. At least for my testing on a Samsung Note 9 using Android 10. Will also test and compare on my DAP.

Sep 1, 2023 at 6:00 AM Post #5,864 of 6,188
I want to praise UAPP. It is the best Music App that I have tried, by far, and it has worked pretty flawlessly for me. The design and UI is better than everything else that I have tried. Artist names, metadata, album art, etc UAPP just does the best job. Not perfect but closer than other apps I've tried. I just wish that it could be used without interacting with Skynet aka Google. I have the paid version. As far as I am aware, this cannot be used on a degoogled device. A bit of a pain for those privacy minded.

In terms of sound, both the Hiby Music and Fiio Music apps sound louder for sure. I would say that I prefer how they sound too, less flat sounding and a bit more lively. At least for my testing on a Samsung Note 9 using Android 10. Will also test and compare on my DAP.
actualy im in the same boat. I wish that i can access this app or Similar in Linux.

Sep 1, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #5,865 of 6,188

You are using an external DAC and set UAPP to bitperfect, did you?
If not, do that and the SQ is taken to another level IMHO.

The only thing this app needs is better support for playlist import....

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back