USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 20, 2022 at 7:22 AM Post #5,551 of 6,179
Both my LG V30 and Khadas Tone2 officially support MQA, just curious how UAPP can get MQA file from a standard HiFi Tidal subscription.

Possibly because Tidal doesn't keep separate versions of the track but controls MQA decoding from the app, something UAPP apparently isn't doing. Likely unintended.

Aug 20, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #5,554 of 6,179
Both my LG V30 and Khadas Tone2 officially support MQA, just curious how UAPP can get MQA file from a standard HiFi Tidal subscription.
As @rlw6534 implies I think, we are not taking advantage and getting full MQA for free, instead UAPP reveals Tidal’s little scheme: the MQA signal lights up because what Tidal is serving is an MQA file hobbled or manipulated to play as a regular CD-quality 16bit/44.1kHz FLAC. I see it on my DAP too, where I can play Tidal in CD quality (like you my subscription doesn’t include MQA) but the sample rate still climbs to 354kHz nonsense because the files are opaquely downgraded MQAs instead of proper FLACs.

The issues added up so I tried out Apple Music and what a breath of fresh air on all accounts.

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #5,556 of 6,179
IDK what you mean. But UAPP for sometime now has a UPnP Renderer function on the main menu.
Once enabled, I use BubbleUPnP on my tablet to send music to my Android Device w/c I use as a Streamer to my DAC.

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #5,557 of 6,179
IDK what you mean. But UAPP for sometime now has a UPnP Renderer function on the main menu.
Once enabled, I use BubbleUPnP on my tablet to send music to my Android Device w/c I use as a Streamer to my DAC.
Thanks. I'm aware of those uses. What I would like, if possible, is to send (essentially cast) audio *from* UAPP *to* a UPnP renderer. I want to avoid BubbleUPnP and similar apps altogether as UAPP has the best interface.

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:36 PM Post #5,558 of 6,179
Well it kinds defeats the purpose why we use UAPP specifically or what the App is intended. For its direct USB functions, bypassing the Android mixer.

But who knows. Ask the developer Davy at info@extreamsd.com.

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #5,559 of 6,179
Fair enough, but UAPP has an experimental Chromecast function (that I haven't gotten able to work [edit: just tried it with a Chromecast Audio and it's working]), so sending streams out has been considered a good idea by the developers... would be great to send streams as UPnP as well. I would be very pleased if this were implemented (if possible), even if it were behind a paywall.

Thanks for sharing the email, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 4:52 AM Post #5,561 of 6,179
Anyone know of a fix for the stuttering issue when playing bit perfect tidal MQA through UAPP? This is happening on my Sony WM1AM2. Works fine on my phone. And non MQA files play perfectly fine.
You sometimes find after an update, it's best to uninstall and reinstall UAPP. I had to do this a while ago when UAPP updated and would no longer decode MQA files on my V40. However, this was fixed after a day or so.

I presume you have paid the extra for UAPP to provide the first MQA unfold?

I could be wrong, I think you need this if streaming Tidal through UAPP unless you own the LG V-- series phones. I know Tidal do the first unfold through their native app and this charge is fixed into your monthly charge. However, Tidal doesn't avoid tge android mixer hence the need for UAPP.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #5,562 of 6,179
You sometimes find after an update, it's best to uninstall and reinstall UAPP. I had to do this a while ago when UAPP updated and would no longer decode MQA files on my V40. However, this was fixed after a day or so.

I presume you have paid the extra for UAPP to provide the first MQA unfold?

I could be wrong, I think you need this if streaming Tidal through UAPP unless you own the LG V-- series phones. I know Tidal do the first unfold through their native app and this charge is fixed into your monthly charge. However, Tidal doesn't avoid tge android mixer hence the need for UAPP.
Thanks, yes I paid and unlocked the MQA for first unfold.

Interesting, I guess I'll have to wait for an update. I just did a factory reset and have the same issue after reinstalling UAPP.

Sep 3, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #5,563 of 6,179
Sep 3, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #5,564 of 6,179
Anyone know of a fix for the stuttering issue when playing bit perfect tidal MQA through UAPP? This is happening on my Sony WM1AM2. Works fine on my phone. And non MQA files play perfectly fine.
You have in the settings with the network buffer size ,

and in optimizations Settings experimented with the general buffer size?

I have 15 seconds on network buffer size

and 400 milliseconds in buffer size in that Optimizations .

And I also turned off the quick start.

Sep 3, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #5,565 of 6,179
Fair enough, but UAPP has an experimental Chromecast function (that I haven't gotten able to work [edit: just tried it with a Chromecast Audio and it's working]), so sending streams out has been considered a good idea by the developers... would be great to send streams as UPnP as well. I would be very pleased if this were implemented (if possible), even if it were behind a paywall.

Thanks for sharing the email, much appreciated.
Before today it didn't work well, after reading your message I tried to connect the Chromecast audio to the Topping E30 again, and it works fine.
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back