USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Aug 18, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #4,981 of 6,201
I am troubleshooting using this with my Samsung phone and DAC/AMP. I bought a bad one (iBasso) and had the app working but it would only let me listen to audio in the app. I tried uninstalling it and now I can lsiten to audio on any app. Is this what the warning above means or had I selected something restricting the USB port to just this app? I don't recall doing the latter. Thanks.
May mot be your problem, but Ibasso dacs, the dc03 anyway, don't work well with Samsung phones. Don't know why.

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #4,982 of 6,201
I am troubleshooting using this with my Samsung phone and DAC/AMP. I bought a bad one (iBasso) and had the app working but it would only let me listen to audio in the app. I tried uninstalling it and now I can lsiten to audio on any app. Is this what the warning above means or had I selected something restricting the USB port to just this app? I don't recall doing the latter. Thanks.

UAPP can take exclusive control of the USB device in which case no other app can use it. Shutdown UAPP entirely and the device will become available for normal Android audio. Take a look at the Settings -> System -> "Release USB driver on Home" in UAPP as well.

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #4,986 of 6,201
When did the new version of UAPP "drop" with the fancy new UI? I just updated and its, well very fancy now. :)
The 5.9.9.9 is still the latest and this fancy "new" UI has been there since ages, if not years.
I am also in the beta channel, has a version 6.0 dropped i don't see?

Edit: Somehow i wasn't in beta channel anymore, now i see the 6.0.0.5 beta 5.

Screenshot_20210819-234953.jpg

I like the old design more!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #4,987 of 6,201
The 5.9.9.9 is still the latest and this fancy "new" UI has been there since ages, if not years.

Thanks for putting me right, I never noticed the UI change before. Apart from the crossfeed button being cut off a bit by the bar at the bottom of the volume screen (probably screen pixel dependant) I prefer the new (to me) design.

It does show you can't please everyone all the time, which is probably why they made it a configurable option. :wink:

Aug 20, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #4,988 of 6,201
Thanks for putting me right, I never noticed the UI change before. Apart from the crossfeed button being cut off a bit by the bar at the bottom of the volume screen (probably screen pixel dependant) I prefer the new (to me) design.

It does show you can't please everyone all the time, which is probably why they made it a configurable option. :wink:
I don't like the bottom bar and you can't disable it.
They also changed how the font is displayed.

Aug 20, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #4,989 of 6,201

Screenshot_20210819-234953.jpg

Is the like button, (heart symbol) available using Tidal through app too? This was one of my requests. How do you get into the beta?

Aug 20, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #4,990 of 6,201
Is the like button, (heart symbol) available using Tidal through app too? This was one of my requests. How do you get into the beta?

The button is there.
2021-08-20 16.10.46.jpg

There is an extra button to join the Beta in the Play Store.
2021-08-20 16.09.47.jpg

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #4,991 of 6,201
The button is there.
2021-08-20 16.10.46.jpg

There is an extra button to join the Beta in the Play Store.
2021-08-20 16.09.47.jpg
Excellent. I recently bought the hiby fc3 dongle dac to use direct with the Tidal App but I prefer the sound from my V50 and UAPP. Plus the volume steps on the V50 are better than the Hiby.

I did look on the play store on the app page but completely overlooked that.

Thanks for your help

Aug 24, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #4,992 of 6,201
Question for anyone with UAPP MQA plug-in and a DAP that has hardware MQA decoding:

1. I know on a DAP or smartphone without hardware MQA decoding, if you have the UAPP MQA plug-in, the plug-in will do a first unfold and render 2X MQA as long as bit-perfect is selected in UAPP settings.

2. I recently got a Shanling M6 Pro 21 and it has 16X MQA hardware decoding. If I use the Tidal app it appears to simply do the full hardware 16X MQA decoding as the sample rate will show either 705.6 or 768 kHz in the Shanling's sample rate indicator in the upper right of the player, indicating a 16X unfold of a 44.1 or 48kHz stream.

3. Now, if I use UAPP w/MQA plug-in set to bit perfect and an MQA stream is played, the indicators on the machine will show 88.2 or 96 kHz in Shanling's sample rate indicator and 88.2 or 96 kHz in UAPP's direct sample rate spot in the player. Both indicating an apparent 2X unfold of a 44.1 or 48 kHz stream. Seemingly, the Shanling's hardware decoding of the stream is bypassed and only UAPP is software X2 decoding the stream.

4. If I turn off bit perfect In UAPP and play an MQA file, I get the standard warning that MQA requires the bit perfect setting to play MQA. When I play the file, in the Shanling's sample rate indicator, it shows a full 16X unfold (705.6 or 768 kHz) seeming to me to indicate a full 16X hardware decoding of the MQA stream. At the same time in the UAPP player, it will show the original streamed sample rate of 44.1 or 48 kHz, i.e., direct 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. and the MQA symbol will be colored black instead of white and there will be no blue or green dot.

I'm just wondering: is this the way one FULLY 16X hardware decodes Masters files in Tidal using UAPP when one uses a hardware decoding player like the M6 Pro 21, i.e., bypassing UAPP's MQA plug-in? Even though the sample rate indicator on the Shanling shows an apparent full machine 16X MQA unfold, is all the other MQA stuff happening?

TLDR: If one has a hardware MQA decoding DAP and uses UAPP, is the way to get that full hardware unfold to turn off bit perfect in UAPP settings?

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #4,993 of 6,201
Question for anyone with UAPP MQA plug-in and a DAP that has hardware MQA decoding:
Is Shanling M6 Pro 21 supported by UAPP? There has not been an update to UAPP in quite a while.
When not supported, UAPP only does the SW unfolds, up to the 96K you are seeing. If it was fully HW supported, you'd see the rate the same as in Tidal's native app.
I remember it taking a little time for Shanling M8 to be fully supported.

Aug 24, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #4,994 of 6,201
Is Shanling M6 Pro 21 supported by UAPP? There has not been an update to UAPP in quite a while.
When not supported, UAPP only does the SW unfolds, up to the 96K you are seeing. If it was fully HW supported, you'd see the rate the same as in Tidal's native app.
I remember it taking a little time for Shanling M8 to be fully supported.

Agreed, that's how the M3X behaved prior to being fully supported in UAPP.

Aug 25, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #4,995 of 6,201
Is it just me or does Shuffle not work? It seems to keep playing the same songs over and over again. I make my own playlist of say 50 songs and I can hear the some songs 4 times and some songs none at all. The bit perfect mode is really good, but the inability to shuffle makes me keep looking at other apps, and this is an ongoing issue for years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back