USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 8, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #3,916 of 6,182
Just stumbled upon a bit of extra information on the app itself regarding DSD playback on LGs which may be of interest...
1591636751552.png

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,917 of 6,182
Just stumbled upon a bit of extra information on the app itself regarding DSD playback on LGs which may be of interest...

Great find. We are now again back to square one.

Is UAPP implying playback through USB port where DoP is applicable? In that case the statement holds true as UAPP is USB centric and Android 10 currently does not support DoP.

But what about native DSD playback with internal QuadDAC? That is not clear in the statement.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #3,918 of 6,182
I'm extremely confused. I bought UAPP and it validates on my smartphone (Asus Zenfone Max Pro), but on my iBasso dx160 I keep getting the popup that it couldn't validate, even though I have the same account on both devices and the dx160 is connected to the internet.

Jun 9, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #3,919 of 6,182
I'm extremely confused. I bought UAPP and it validates on my smartphone (Asus Zenfone Max Pro), but on my iBasso dx160 I keep getting the popup that it couldn't validate, even though I have the same account on both devices and the dx160 is connected to the internet.
I have been using UAPP on the DX160 for a few days and it is working flawlessly for me. Did you try reinstalling?

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #3,921 of 6,182
Hi all, I tried to search the thread, but did not see an answer that matched my specific issue (but sorry if I missed)!

My setup is a HiFi Tidal streaming account from an old Galaxy S7 phone into a DragonFly Black DAC.

When I play MQA songs through the USB Audio Player Pro app, the bottom says USB DAC: 48kHzm MQA File: 48: kHZ 24 bit, and my dragonfly lights up blue (instead of Magenta which it does if I play directly through the Tidal app). I bought the additional USB Audio MQA decoder in-app, and have made sure the settings are set to lossless for Tidal in the app.

Any other suggestions how to get the full unfolding to 96kHZ? Am I missing something basic?

Jun 9, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #3,922 of 6,182
Hi all, I tried to search the thread, but did not see an answer that matched my specific issue (but sorry if I missed)!

My setup is a HiFi Tidal streaming account from an old Galaxy S7 phone into a DragonFly Black DAC.

When I play MQA songs through the USB Audio Player Pro app, the bottom says USB DAC: 48kHzm MQA File: 48: kHZ 24 bit, and my dragonfly lights up blue (instead of Magenta which it does if I play directly through the Tidal app). I bought the additional USB Audio MQA decoder in-app, and have made sure the settings are set to lossless for Tidal in the app.

Any other suggestions how to get the full unfolding to 96kHZ? Am I missing something basic?

It seems to have been as simple as making sure the bit-perfect playback setting was set to 'on'. Will report back if anything changes.

Jun 9, 2020 at 9:46 PM Post #3,924 of 6,182
I have been using UAPP on the DX160 for a few days and it is working flawlessly for me. Did you try reinstalling?

Ok, so, here's the current situation...

I uninstalled UAPP in the dx160, reinstalled it, opened it: it worked for several hours with no licensing issues. I went back home, turned off the dap for the night. This morning I woke up, turned it on, started UAPP: licensing error notification. I turned on wifi and restarted UAPP; the notification seems to be gone. Do'h?
In the app it mentions that it can take up to 24 hours to have the licensing fixed, so I guess I'll wait a bit to see what happens. I'm just very confused by the fact that it only does so on my dap and not on my phone.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #3,926 of 6,182
UAPP needs internet access for several days (don't remember the exact days) for license verification purpose. After that it works without it.
Is there some documentation to that regard? @Davy Wentzler would appreciate some help here!

Jun 10, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #3,928 of 6,182
@Davy Wentzler I am just about to buy the MQA add-on for the iBasso DX160. This DAP inbuilt DAC supports MQA hardware unfolding, as tested with the standard Mango player and Neutron (local files and Tidal Masters up tp 192kHz).
This has been discussed back in October but time has moved on and it wasn't conclusive at the time.
Does the MQA plug-in trigger the 2nd unfold, UAPP taking care of the first unfold (software) and the DX160 the 2nd (hardware) to full?

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #3,929 of 6,182

One more tip; I also apparently needed to update the firmware on the dragonfly as they ship them at version 1.5, but you need at least 1.6 to handle MQA.

Jun 11, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #3,930 of 6,182
I took the plunge and just ordered the UAPP MQA plug-in to test with the DX160.
Comparing Tidal tracks, and left aside if I am able to hear the difference:
- UAPP doesn't do the 2nd (hardware) unfold to full, same track via Tidal app unfolds to 192kHz, via UAPP it is stuck at 96kHz.
- Buffering of Tidal MQA tracks via UAPP is taking way too long, app becomes unresponsive and making MQA/Master tracks unplayable.
Maybe it is a setting I am missing somewhere? For now money waste, but all for the benefit of my colleague head-fi`ers..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back