USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Feb 12, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #3,453 of 6,196
Looking for honest 1st hand bases experience here.... My question in short is:

I don't see a trial version of UAPP in the google app store. Should I pay $8 for UAPP if I had a negative experience with streaming music from my Note 8 using the Neutron player using it's high rez USB driver? Will UAPP indeed 'better' it? Honestly.

Why I ask.

Just got an E1DA PowerDAC V2. Very impressed with it when fed music from Roon, -both-

1. fed from a Windows 10 micro (arm based) PC (which didnt do any resampling)
2. or from the Roon remote app running on my Note 8 (where Roon does resample everything to 48kHz).

The two sounded nearly identical: dynamic, engaging, powerful bass, sizzling highs, clean detail everywhere ... all the superlatives.

So, I loaded up the Note 8 with my 163 songs currently on my favorite tracks playlist, so that I can take it with me (as roon is tied to only home use). I started Neutron and set it up for hi rez streaming. However, it lost all the superlatives I mentioned above. The most noticable on being the powerful low bass.

So my worry about wasting money trying UAPP is, is this a function of streaming from the Android Note 8 platform using locally sourced files, and not the Neutron Player? So that UAPP might be equally unspectacular?

Or, has anyone had a similar experience, and UAPP & its custom USB drivers did indeed better Neutron in a noticable way when you went from one to the other?

Much appreciate all informed replies. Thanx! I wont buy UAPP until you talk me into it. :)
you need to go to their website to download the trial version.

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #3,454 of 6,196
Feb 13, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #3,455 of 6,196
Thanx for the link guys. About 10 seconds into the first song, Ed Sheeran's Take Me Back To London, I knew I'd be buying it! It sounds perfect! (Honestly floored at how bad Neutron was over USB! Really was skeptical this would be better) But played a few more of my favorite tracks with high and low bitrates until I reached the demo play limit -lol; only cus I didn't want to stop. Off to fix my CC info in my Google account and buying it now. :wink:

Feb 13, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #3,456 of 6,196
Thanx for the link guys. About 10 seconds into the first song, Ed Sheeran's Take Me Back To London, I knew I'd be buying it! It sounds perfect! (Honestly floored at how bad Neutron was over USB! Really was skeptical this would be better) But played a few more of my favorite tracks with high and low bitrates until I reached the demo play limit -lol; only cus I didn't want to stop. Off to fix my CC info in my Google account and buying it now. :wink:
Set it to bitperfect

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:59 AM Post #3,457 of 6,196
Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #3,458 of 6,196
I have loaded an album with 3 cd folders and i can see many songs in the app.
So it looks like there is maybe 10 folders.
Any idea how to stop this ?
Hibby music app is fine and only shows 3 folders.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #3,459 of 6,196
Cheers.

Are those songs not tagged as same album?

Feb 15, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #3,460 of 6,196
Sorry, wrong thread

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #3,461 of 6,196
Cheers.
This has happened to me, too. What I've done to get rid of it is rescan my folders. The multiplicity of copies may be because uapp might not drop erased older copies of folders.

Take this for what it's worth. I'm no expert!

Feb 21, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #3,462 of 6,196
I have a problem with USB Audio Player Pro 5.4.3 and Shanling M6. When I use UAPP offline (without Wifi) ALWAYS i must manual update my music Library (on board and on SD card) because if UAPP detect its offline then reset library automatically ... any solution ?
International Shanling M6 on 2.74 firmware

Feb 21, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #3,463 of 6,196
I have a problem with USB Audio Player Pro 5.4.3 and Shanling M6. When I use UAPP offline (without Wifi) ALWAYS i must manual update my music Library (on board and on SD card) because if UAPP detect its offline then reset library automatically ... any solution ?
International Shanling M6 on 2.74 firmware

There is no relation between the database and being online or not. UAPP also never erases the database by itself, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Feb 21, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #3,464 of 6,196
Seems like LG has killed DSD/DoP playback on Android 10. The official LG Music app plays at 88200Hz in floating point mode (format 0x5). To check if LG didn't abuse format 5 for DoP, I checked the logcat and there is no sample rate change between playing DSD64 and DSD128. Can anyone confirm what I'm seeing on a V50 or G8?
dumpsys audio.media_flinger also shows the same thing. It even lists DoP modes, but when UAPP (or any competitor app) tries to use that, nothing is played and the phone becomes unstable. Some nice progress by the folks at LG?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back