USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jan 30, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #3,406 of 6,145
It depends on how you get to that screen. You can also slide out the left panel and select Library or whatever source you were playing from.
Well holy dear mother of mercy I had never discovered the swipe on the left panel. Just talk about a revelation.
Previously, when swiping, it was only going to previous track... did not know you could swipe from the upper left corner to get the menu.
PROBLEM SOLVED. SANITY RESTORED.
Thank you so much!

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #3,408 of 6,145
@Davy Wentzler
One other quick curiosity... Why does the play screen not display FLAC or MP3 or what have you?
Instead it always reads "Direct" unless it is a DSD file, in which case it dictates DSD on the screen.
Always been interested why it does not display file type.

Greatest player available.
Thanks again.

I guess we could, although it's already quite crowded on that line on smaller phones. Direct means the output mode. It's either Android, Direct or USB DAC.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #3,409 of 6,145
I guess we could, although it's already quite crowded on that line on smaller phones. Direct means the output mode. It's either Android, Direct or USB DAC.
All good. Whatever you guys decide to do is a winner in my book.
I am one of those who does like to see the file type.

Anyway - thanks for getting back.
Dear lord that swipe move has changed my whole life.

#noseriously

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #3,410 of 6,145
All good. Whatever you guys decide to do is a winner in my book.
I am one of those who does like to see the file type.

Anyway - thanks for getting back.
Dear lord that swipe move has changed my whole life.

#noseriously

Perhaps I can change the File: text into the file format, like
Direct: 96kHz FLAC: 96kHz

Note that you can swipe from any position on the left side, it is not necessary to do that from the top left.

Who knows on how many other apps you missed this function! :)

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #3,411 of 6,145
Perhaps I can change the File: text into the file format, like
Direct: 96kHz FLAC: 96kHz

Note that you can swipe from any position on the left side, it is not necessary to do that from the top left.

Who knows on how many other apps you missed this function! :)
Probably would be better to change the latter half to read: FLAC: 24 bit (or whatever bit rate) since the output mode is already displaying the sample rate.

That way, all in one line, you can see output mode, sample rate, bit rate, and file type.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #3,412 of 6,145
Probably would be better to change the latter half to read: FLAC: 24 bit (or whatever bit rate) since the output mode is already displaying the sample rate.

That way, all in one line, you can see output mode, sample rate, bit rate, and file type.

Well, no. It has to display both rates for many reasons. The app will display the source resolution now as well when applicable.

Jan 30, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #3,413 of 6,145
Well, no. It has to display both rates for many reasons. The app will display the source resolution now as well when applicable.

Yes, thank you. Ariscotle, feel free to dm me if you’d like a further explanation why :)

@Davy Wentzler Any info on my previous issue by chance?

Sure! Currently, I do not have any selected. I have tried testing multiple tracks with MQA on and off (with system reboots in-between to be safe) but that doesn't make a difference. (Not surprising to me, as I'm dealing with FLACs, not MQAs, but wanted to mention it).

Also, I have rebooted the phone multiple times and made sure not to play anything though the system (e.g. YouTube or Chrome) before going straight to UAPP and trying a couple tracks. No such luck, as both problems above persist.
Also, if it's any help, my current OS is the Android 9, Oct 1 security patch all OTA (i.e. I've never manually update the OS).

Thanks for your time.

Feb 1, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #3,416 of 6,145
Feb 2, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #3,417 of 6,145
@Davy Wentzler

There's a Qobuz 2496 album that streams at only 1644. h

//www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/shostakovich-weinberg-kobekin-anastasia-kobekina-berner-symphonieorchester-kevin-john-edusei/j6js21d3ouxnc

Is this a Qobuz or UAPP error?

I can confirm this particular album is available elsewhere in 2496
For example https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8546914--shostakovich-weinberg-kobekin

Seems fine here
Screenshot_20200202-120508.png

Feb 2, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #3,418 of 6,145
I wonder what Android phone outputs the highest music band-width through OTG connection? I luv this software. It's the best software for audio geeks, and I hope it gets utilized with all hardware out there, and takes over the world!

I recently spread the word that you can do many things with this software. You can feed streams to DACs out of phones with this thing. Even Tidal, in bit-perfect!

It should forward music files stored in NAS to a DAC in a network it's connected to right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back