USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 7, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #3,094 of 6,159
Hmm.. my iBasso DX150 is running 6.0. The Lurker page suggest I cannot install the 8.1 update over the 6.0 one. There is also an 'Online update' option to version v2.11.293-L0 on the device itself, but not sure if that will install the official firmware. Anyone knows what to do?
Davy, somehow it fixed itself, I just let it connect to Wifi..

Anyway, I don't know how and why, if it fixed, I will not ask more question

TQ, I am happy man again

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #3,096 of 6,159
Is there any hope of getting UAPP to play these streams? It seems a shame not to be able to play BBC radio in the highest quality.

Well, not any time soon due to other priorities and the complexity of this problem (I don't control the server, so I cannot debug what is being sent and why it only sends one chunk).

Oct 7, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #3,097 of 6,159
Well, not any time soon due to other priorities and the complexity of this problem (I don't control the server, so I cannot debug what is being sent and why it only sends one chunk).

Fair enough. Is there something I can do? Is there some way I can check to see why Firefox can play it on Android (presumably receiving more than one chunk!)?

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #3,098 of 6,159
Hello,

I just got the Hiby R5 and it's quite incredible the pairing with UAPP. However, I randomly get clicking sounds on songs and it's not the song itself, it's just random. I skip and play something else and then come back to the song and it's fine.
Are there settings I should adjust for the R5 specifically, or is it a known issue to be corrected?

Thanks!

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #3,099 of 6,159
Hello,

I just got the Hiby R5 and it's quite incredible the pairing with UAPP. However, I randomly get clicking sounds on songs and it's not the song itself, it's just random. I skip and play something else and then come back to the song and it's fine.
Are there settings I should adjust for the R5 specifically, or is it a known issue to be corrected?

Thanks!

Perhaps you can experiment with the buffer size in the Internal HiRes Audio section.

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #3,101 of 6,159
Perhaps you can experiment with the buffer size in the Internal HiRes Audio section.
I just tried but it doesn't solve it. However, I noticed that it only happens with MQA tracks. Every now and then I need to switch to a non-MQA track or two, and then go back for the playback to go without the clicking sound.
Any idea?

Oct 8, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #3,102 of 6,159
@Davy, with regards to Hardware Volume Control, if available,

(1) under what circumstances and why should it be used?

(2) to ensure bit perfect through the chain, should it be set to maximum?

Thanks!

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #3,104 of 6,159
@Davy, with regards to Hardware Volume Control, if available,

(1) under what circumstances and why should it be used?

(2) to ensure bit perfect through the chain, should it be set to maximum?

Thanks!

1) Always if your DAC features such a control and doesn't have a physical volume control
2) Now that's the topic of the week. Since 5.2.8, UAPP lowers the hardware volume to -15dB (or actually internal volume control) when it finds it and has not been set before. The app cannot know whether the device has a physical volume control and actually, there shouldn't be an internal one if there is an external one. However,some DACs, like the Pro-ject Prebox, Sony PHA's and I suspect Topping's, have an internal volume control that does volume control on the digital audio stream instead of the analogue output. Changing the internal hardware volume then kills bit-perfect and MQA decoders stop decoding MQA and DSD tracks sound like noise. So, to answer your question: it shouldn't be set to maximum unless your DAC has a physical volume control and its internal volume control (if present) controls digital volume.

In the course of the next weeks and months, I will add USB vendor/product ID's to the app, to exclude these devices from getting the -15dB treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back