USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 5, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #3,076 of 6,159
One question for you - Do you have access to those UK Radio streams in other players, or on other devices?
I just tried to access the BBC Radio 3 stream, and I guess that since I'm in the US, I see an access denied Error 403 on my PC (haven't tried it in UAPP).

Yes, they work fine in browsers. Yes, I believe the higher bitrate streams are geolocked.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #3,077 of 6,159
One question for you - Do you have access to those UK Radio streams in other players, or on other devices?
I just tried to access the BBC Radio 3 stream, and I guess that since I'm in the US, I see an access denied Error 403 on my PC (haven't tried it in UAPP).

Eventually, the second m3u8 lists no URL's, but just something that looked like I had to replace a part with a part listed in the final m3u8 file. If I hardcode that in UAPP, then it plays for 3 seconds, then stops because no data is coming in anymore.

Oct 5, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #3,078 of 6,159
Eventually, the second m3u8 lists no URL's, but just something that looked like I had to replace a part with a part listed in the final m3u8 file. If I hardcode that in UAPP, then it plays for 3 seconds, then stops because no data is coming in anymore.

Are you able to open a VPN to the UK and try it? I'm in th UK and it works in Android on Firefox Mobile and in Windows on MPC-HC.

Oct 5, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #3,082 of 6,159
20191006_080850.jpg
Hi Davy,
Since the new update on DX220, everytime the screen off / device on stand by, the volume seems not working, when I open the device, it was that (picture above).

I need to change to the music display (picture below) to be able change the volume..
15703244457903768573186635682218.jpg

I also experienced this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8...
advice? or there are some setting need to change?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #3,083 of 6,159
@Davy Wentzler

I am using UAPP, playing my R6 Pro via USB to a Topping DX3 Pro, and then through a JDS Labs amp, using Tidal... I have a strange thing happening... when I go from non-MQA to MQA the sound completely cuts out. The UAPP player continues to show the music is playing, and the DX3PRO continues to indicate the USB is connected. Similarly when the playlist goes MQA to non-MQA the sound cuts out. The only way I can get sound back is to disconnect and then reconnect the usb cable... could this be caused by a UAPP setting I need to change?

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #3,084 of 6,159
@Davy Wentzler

I am using UAPP, playing my R6 Pro via USB to a Topping DX3 Pro, and then through a JDS Labs amp, using Tidal... I have a strange thing happening... when I go from non-MQA to MQA the sound completely cuts out. The UAPP player continues to show the music is playing, and the DX3PRO continues to indicate the USB is connected. Similarly when the playlist goes MQA to non-MQA the sound cuts out. The only way I can get sound back is to disconnect and then reconnect the usb cable... could this be caused by a UAPP setting I need to change?

Some DACs cannot handle sample rate changes. Please enable 'Free USB bandwidth after playback' in the USB audio tweaks.

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #3,085 of 6,159

Hi Davy,
Since the new update on DX220, everytime the screen off / device on stand by, the volume seems not working, when I open the device, it was that (picture above).

I need to change to the music display (picture below) to be able change the volume..

I also experienced this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8...
advice? or there are some setting need to change?

Still works fine here on a S9. Can you try a re-install of the app and perhaps a restart of your device? Oh, on the the Note 8, please exclude the app from battery optimisation.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #3,089 of 6,159
Oreo,
FW 1.13.202

Hmm.. my iBasso DX150 is running 6.0. The Lurker page suggest I cannot install the 8.1 update over the 6.0 one. There is also an 'Online update' option to version v2.11.293-L0 on the device itself, but not sure if that will install the official firmware. Anyone knows what to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back