USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Dec 31, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #2,146 of 6,183
Sigh. It's alway something isn't it? I'm sure developers like you know this well.

Nevertheless, I'm switching over to UAPP for DSD. The audio performance is truly wonderful. If it is not readily able to be rectified, please do let me know if you think of a workaround.

Thanks!

I may have just found one, but I cannot test it myself. Please send me an email so I can send you a version to try.

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #2,147 of 6,183
Where do we access the payment location for Tidal MQA? Is it in the UAPP app, or on the Tidal or MQA websites? Thanks!

Jan 1, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #2,148 of 6,183
Where do we access the payment location for Tidal MQA? Is it in the UAPP app, or on the Tidal or MQA websites? Thanks!

This would be accessed via the UAPP app,

Choose the MQA playback and purchase here

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #2,149 of 6,183
This would be accessed via the UAPP app,

Choose the MQA playback and purchase here

On my LG V30, selecting "MQA Playnack" in UAPP, opens a pop-up with links that open in a browser, and have info about MQA - but no option to purchase.

Jan 1, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #2,151 of 6,183
One of the advantages of the V30 is it has MQA functionality baked right into the hardware...so I think that's why it's not allowing you to purchase?

I believe @Davy Wentzler said that the purchase is mandatory, due to the MQA license.

When I click the MQA option (for LG phones) in the HiRes Settings, I see Direct: 192KHz on the screen, but no Blue or Green dot beside MQA.

Also, the sound for both MQA and regular tracks on Tidal, have clicks & pops (digital noise) in UAPP, but not in the Tidal app.

I've got UAPP v5.0.4 installed, and just installed Tidal from Google Play.

Jan 1, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #2,152 of 6,183
I believe @Davy Wentzler said that the purchase is mandatory, due to the MQA license.

When I click the MQA option (for LG phones) in the HiRes Settings, I see Direct: 192KHz on the screen, but no Blue or Green dot beside MQA.

Also, the sound for both MQA and regular tracks on Tidal, have clicks & pops (digital noise) in UAPP, but not in the Tidal app.

That Tidal streaming clicks & pops also happens on Onkyo CMX1. Really wish it could get fixed, tried every settings, setting longest buffer, etc and nothing works.

Jan 1, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #2,153 of 6,183
On the contrary, on my v40 Tidal under UAPP sounds fantastic with MQA. The only main difference is that there's definitely more buffering than there is in the regular app. Plus of course the fact that you also
Capture+_2019-01-01-13-35-57.png
cant save searches and can't download tracks, which I'm sure are a Tidal developer restriction.

Jan 1, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #2,154 of 6,183

IIRC you see no blue or green dot because UAPP is not serving as the decoder. It is just sending a bit perfect stream to the phone's MQA-capable DAC. There's a post from Davy in here about that somewhere.

I am streaming an MQA track from Tidal on my V30 right now, not hearing any clicks or pops, and seeing "Direct 192 kHz [MQA logo] File: 192 kHz" etc. which is what I expect if the phone is doing the decoding. I have not signed up for the UAPP 1x decoding option as it's not needed here.

There is an option in Settings > MQA to show an alert when you're playing an MQA file without decoding. I have that on, and am not seeing an alert with Tidal MQA tracks or a local MQA track. And again, I'm not hearing clicks or pops, and perhaps another setting elsewhere will fix that for you.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #2,155 of 6,183
On the contrary, on my v40 Tidal under UAPP sounds fantastic with MQA. The only main difference is that there's definitely more buffering than there is in the regular app. Plus of course the fact that you also cant save searches and can't download tracks, which I'm sure are a Tidal developer restriction.[/QUOTE]
Why direct is only 44.1khz?It should be 88.2khz

Jan 2, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #2,156 of 6,183

If you have clicks and pops, make sure you only enable the MQA flag in HiRes Driver flags, not any other option.

Jan 2, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #2,158 of 6,183
If you have clicks and pops, make sure you only enable the MQA flag in HiRes Driver flags, not any other option.

I'm still hearing clicks and pops, when using UAPP on my LG V30, to listen to MQA or regular tracks on Tidal. The Tidal app plays without any spurious noise. I'm connected to a WiFi network that tests at ~95 Mbps download speed.

These are the settings that I'm using, on my LG V30, running UAPP v5.0.4 -
  • Internal audio driver = HiRes Direct driver
  • System > Network beffer size = 10 seconds
  • System > Network chunk size = 64 kB
  • System > HTTP client = OkHTTP
  • MQA > Show MQA playback information = On
  • Internal HiRes audio > HiRes driver flags = MQA
  • Internal HiRes audio > HiRes driver audio format = Auto
  • Internal HiRes audio > Bit perfect mode = When possible
  • Internal HiRes audio > Upsample = Off
  • Internal HiRes audio > Buffer size = 600 milliseconds
  • Android audio > Play through Android = On
  • Android audio > Android sample rate = Variable rate

Jan 2, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #2,159 of 6,183
I'm still hearing clicks and pops, when using UAPP on my LG V30, to listen to MQA or regular tracks on Tidal. The Tidal app plays without any spurious noise. I'm connected to a WiFi network that tests at ~95 Mbps download speed.

These are the settings that I'm using, on my LG V30, running UAPP v5.0.4 -
  • Internal audio driver = HiRes Direct driver
  • System > Network beffer size = 10 seconds
  • System > Network chunk size = 64 kB
  • System > HTTP client = OkHTTP
  • MQA > Show MQA playback information = On
  • Internal HiRes audio > HiRes driver flags = MQA
  • Internal HiRes audio > HiRes driver audio format = Auto
  • Internal HiRes audio > Bit perfect mode = When possible
  • Internal HiRes audio > Upsample = Off
  • Internal HiRes audio > Buffer size = 600 milliseconds
  • Android audio > Play through Android = On