USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
May 13, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #1,561 of 6,219
Hey. Axon 7 user here. I was wondering if there is a trial version of the USB Audio Player Pro? I wanna try and see if it works with the phone's DAC properly before I buy it (it is a bit expensive, and if it doesn't work, I might have to tear my hair out :D ). I'm on a desperate quest to find a player that fully utilizes the audio capabilities of my phone, and so far NOTHING works. This project might be my last hope...

The Axon 7 is in our compatibility list so should work. The link to our trial was already given above, thanks! Note that the refund window is only a couple of hours (not days at least, perhaps it depends on the country), so downloading the trial version would be best.

May 13, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #1,562 of 6,219
The Axon 7 is in our compatibility list so should work. The link to our trial was already given above, thanks! Note that the refund window is only a couple of hours (not days at least, perhaps it depends on the country), so downloading the trial version would be best.

Thanks, guys. :)

May 14, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #1,563 of 6,219
Can UAPP be loaded onto the likes of the Nvidia Shield and used to play back flac files bit-perfect through the HDMI port, bypassing the android tv os kernal apis?

I have been extremely happy with UAPP's performance on my Samsung Note Pro 12.2 through to my Oppo HA2 Dac to my Oppo PM3 headphones, but am looking for an alternative backup for playing my files through my main audio system (currently using my Oppo 95 Blu-ray player).

Also, if it can be used that way, will it play 5.1 files as 5.1, over hdmi, or will it convert to 2-channel?

May 14, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #1,564 of 6,219
May 14, 2018 at 4:50 AM Post #1,565 of 6,219
May 14, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #1,566 of 6,219
@DBaldock9
IDK, since I'd never tried it.
BUT my Android box has SPDIF and Toslink connection and are attached to my DAC/Amp as well. I am using for now its internal music player to play upto 24/192 and DSD64. UAPP can't pass thru via SPDIF and Toslink to my DAC/Amp (well for now).

Do you know whether your Android TV box can be rooted, and have Xposed Framework installed?
I use some Xposed modules when running audio & video apps on my Android devices.

May 14, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #1,567 of 6,219
Never heard anybody who tried it. And since everything works very well, never tried it as well. And another, since I wanted to keep it simple and reliable, never touched its ROM.

And since UAPP (as I believe) communicates the DAC at low level and produces top notch sound, I felt it was not necessary to try other routes.

Last edited:
May 14, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #1,568 of 6,219
Never heard anybody who tried it. And since everything works very well, never tried it as well. And another, since I wanted to keep it simple and reliable, never touched its ROM.

And since UAPP (as I believe) communicates the DAC at low level and produces top notch sound, I felt it was not necessary to try other routes.

There are a few threads on the XDA Developers Forum, with some info on rooting Android TV boxes, which should allow installing Xposed Framework.
But, they're mostly talking about devices with chip sets that aren't in the units currently available from Amazon.

The Xposed modules that I use, are mainly for blocking ads, and adding other functionality, on some of the Audio / Video streaming apps.

May 15, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #1,569 of 6,219
I use Adguard for Android for blocking ads. Works wonderful. No root needed. It can link w/ Orbot (Tor network) for a free VPN.

May 16, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #1,570 of 6,219
Got the UAPP couple of years back I used to like it. Currently I got LG v30+ and it recently got updated to Android 8.0
Now whenever I try to play songs, it stutters and breaks the audio. Very painful to listen to it. It is on the latest version of UAPP. Any suggestions??

May 16, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #1,571 of 6,219
Got the UAPP couple of years back I used to like it. Currently I got LG v30+ and it recently got updated to Android 8.0
Now whenever I try to play songs, it stutters and breaks the audio. Very painful to listen to it. It is on the latest version of UAPP. Any suggestions??

Can you check if you did not enable any of the items in HiRes driver flags or changed the HiRes audio format to something other than Auto please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back