USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Oct 19, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #4,157 of 6,179
What if you scan the card then use the folder for selection? Have you tried that?
Yes, the library is completely fine. Everything is there, same as the folder view, i just find the folder view more convenient.

Did you scan the card when you first inserted it?
Yes, everything is OK.
I have around 3200 songs with metal music, so we say avg. around 10 songs in a album. And it is 320 folders, i only have 3 that have more than 50 files, audiobooks. And from there i know it always does the parsing when entering in those 3 folders from the folder view. I am not sure if it does it using the library.
Overall is not a problem, i see this pop up window for not more than a second. So.....i dont see nothing wrong with all of this. But i also dont have a folders with 500-700 files lets say, so i dont know how it would look there.
When the music is on SD Card, i guess depends on its speed and the CPU of the device how much time this window will stay on the screen. Which DAPs are behind normal phones in this regard and the whole parsing is slower.
Meybe it would be nice to have a option for just ignoring the metadata and not scanning it at all (in case there is actually such in the settings, i have not checked). I dont know if this will affect the network and streaming functionality. I dont use the program that way, i just play local files. But as i read from this topic, for MQA and such, it needs to scan metadata anyway to function properly.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #4,158 of 6,179
Yes, the library is completely fine. Everything is there, same as the folder view, i just find the folder view more convenient.

Yes, everything is OK.
I have around 3200 songs with metal music, so we say avg. around 10 songs in a album. And it is 320 folders, i only have 3 that have more than 50 files, audiobooks. And from there i know it always does the parsing when entering in those 3 folders from the folder view. I am not sure if it does it using the library.
Overall is not a problem, i see this pop up window for not more than a second. So.....i dont see nothing wrong with all of this. But i also dont have a folders with 500-700 files lets say, so i dont know how it would look there.
When the music is on SD Card, i guess depends on its speed and the CPU of the device how much time this window will stay on the screen. Which DAPs are behind normal phones in this regard and the whole parsing is slower.
Meybe it would be nice to have a option for just ignoring the metadata and not scanning it at all (in case there is actually such in the settings, i have not checked). I dont know if this will affect the network and streaming functionality. I dont use the program that way, i just play local files. But as i read from this topic, for MQA and such, it needs to scan metadata anyway to function properly.

Whereas my issue is not so much the "parsing" when I go into a large folder, which is pretty quick, but rather the fact that it will do an "adding" files when I go into a folder, and that takes a few seconds, each time.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #4,159 of 6,179
Whereas my issue is not so much the "parsing" when I go into a large folder, which is pretty quick, but rather the fact that it will do an "adding" files when I go into a folder, and that takes a few seconds, each time.
Does it improve with the time. Like, you start UAPP, go to that folder, it does the adding, and then if you do it again before you exit UAPP, should happen faster ?
I mean, in my observations, the first time you do this is the slowest and then its a lot faster. Not the case ?
But again, i am not helping actually and sorry for that. Its just if there is workaround, i dont know it. With the Davy's post wanted to show you why it happends, just the program works that way as i understand it.

Oct 19, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #4,160 of 6,179
Does it improve with the time. Like, you start UAPP, go to that folder, it does the adding, and then if you do it again before you exit UAPP, should happen faster ?
I mean, in my observations, the first time you do this is the slowest and then its a lot faster. Not the case ?
But again, i am not helping actually and sorry for that. Its just if there is workaround, i dont know it. With the Davy's post wanted to show you why it happends, just the program works that way as i understand it.

Haven't checked it yet. I have lots of subfolders. I have yearly subfolders with hundreds of songs in each subfolder, from 1950 to 2020. There must be a way of having UAPP scan all the card once, and not keep doing so.

This would seem to be a very basic function. Every other player does this.

Oct 19, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #4,161 of 6,179
That might be the problem. Too much songs (hundreds) on each folder. UAPP, in analyzing/accessing hundreds of songs per folder, maybe needs more time.

Try experiment a different structure say: Year/Artist/Album/Song

Currently, I have more ore less 64K files in 5K folders on my network drive and have no problems accessing it with UAPP.

My folder structure is losely base on this criteria:
Download Site(Optional)/AlbumArtist/Year - Album/Disc #(Optional)/Track#. SongTitle - Track Artist

edit: its 64K files in 5K folders...

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #4,162 of 6,179
That might be the problem. Too much songs (hundreds) on each folder. UAPP, in analyzing/accessing hundreds of songs per folder, maybe needs more time.

Try experiment a different structure say: Year/Artist/Album/Song

Currently, I have more ore less 62K files in 12K folders on my network drive and have no problems accessing it with UAPP.

My folder structure is losely base on this criteria:
Download Site(Optional)/AlbumArtist/Year - Album/Disc #(Optional)/Track#. SongTitle - Track Artist

But I don't care about which album a song is in. I do have separate folders for albums, but I keep songs by year because I like to listen to songs of a given year. No other player has this issue when playing from a folder. Not FIIO Music, not Foobar2000, not even Neutron (mostly, because it barely works, it is so bogged down that any action engenders a delay of 5-10 seconds. It's unusable).

I like UAPP. I want to be able to use it.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #4,163 of 6,179
Oct 19, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #4,164 of 6,179
But I don't care about which album a song is in. I do have separate folders for albums, but I keep songs by year because I like to listen to songs of a given year. No other player has this issue when playing from a folder. Not FIIO Music, not Foobar2000, not even Neutron (mostly, because it barely works, it is so bogged down that any action engenders a delay of 5-10 seconds. It's unusable).

I like UAPP. I want to be able to use it.
Doesn't the Fiio DAP play bit perfect anyway? If so why use UAPP? That's its most desirable function-bypassing Android upsampling and if your DAP does that already I'd stick with their app.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #4,165 of 6,179
No, i dont think there is. Its not only this player though, others such as Neutron, Poweramp do not have manuals too.
I guess the developers have a plan for adding new functions or improve current ones and that will require them to constanly change writings in the manual.

I personaly use the folder navigation too and never the library. Mostly have folder for each album though, and that way rarely see the parsing showing.
So you have to click on the menu at the upper left, then scroll down and click on the folder then scroll to find the folder you want to play?

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #4,167 of 6,179
So you have to click on the menu at the upper left, then scroll down and click on the folder then scroll to find the folder you want to play?
On the upper left you choose folders, yes. And go from there.
It remembers your last position so you only enter once. And then you find in which folder are the music files you want to play are. Then click on something and it plays, just like the library view.
Wanna try ? 🙂:v:
For back just press back button and it goes back where you were.

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #4,168 of 6,179
anyone using UPnP/DLNA for UAPP? which app ( DLNA ) are you using?

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #4,170 of 6,179

Users who are viewing this thread

Back