USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jul 11, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #2,836 of 6,188
Hi, I have problem. UAPP detects my Dragonfly red as DAC with 48 kHz (blue color) and plays MQA tracks (Tidal pro) only in this quality (OnePlus 5). On my NTB Dragonfly works in MQA mode (purple color). Is something wrong in my setup UAPP?

What is NTB? If there is something wrong in the app's settings, the app will show it a couple of seconds after starting a track, but if it shows a blue or green led, then I don't think anything is wrong. Some MQA tracks have a sample rate of 48kHz, you can see it behind 'File: '.

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #2,837 of 6,188
Hi guys,
Can someone tell me about USB tweak 3?

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #2,838 of 6,188
Hi guys,
Can someone tell me about USB tweak 3?

Don't touch any tweaks if everything works fine is the first rule. Tweak 3 is basically only applicable for the Cyrus soundkey IIRC, but in theory can reduce power consumption a little. I wouldn't touch it since it can also introduce incompatibility with other DACs.

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #2,839 of 6,188
Don't touch any tweaks if everything works fine is the first rule. Tweak 3 is basically only applicable for the Cyrus soundkey IIRC, but in theory can reduce power consumption a little. I wouldn't touch it since it can also introduce incompatibility with other DACs.
Thanks

Jul 13, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #2,840 of 6,188
20190714_015650.jpg
20190714_024817.jpg
Hi,

My apology in advance for a long message and if not clear on my request for help ....

I am using uapp in my allwinner T3 android headunit with android 6 to Helix dsp pro mk2 in my car. I am now not sure why or if I never played using uapp driver earlier and if my issue is due to any recent uapp update.

I now can play uapp with its driver showing up as usb dac: 176.4khz on 1st photo playing Asia's track which sound great but once out of uapp to tunein internet radio and other android media apps, including googlemap etc. uapp driver seem to be stuck and does not allow android driver to take over and hence no sound ... video film via mxplayer also stutters badly

To have sound in uapp together with internet radio and other android media player, I must prevent uapp from detecting the usb dac of Helix dsp pro with ends up not android driver shown in 2nd photo of Bee Gee's track... sound deteriorates in uapp with of course which I certainly hope to avoid. I am also puzzled how can android: 176.2khz show up.

Incidently I also just added an ifi usb micropower which I first selected switch to lift ground and read that otg cable seems to differs from normal usb cable in that it is grounded and not sure if lifting ground caused this but I tried also grounding option to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help to point me to the right direction to resolve this issue.

Cheers.

Richard

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #2,841 of 6,188
Hi,

My apology in advance for a long message and if not clear on my request for help ....

I am using uapp in my allwinner T3 android headunit with android 6 to Helix dsp pro mk2 in my car. I am now not sure why or if I never played using uapp driver earlier and if my issue is due to any recent uapp update.

I now can play uapp with its driver showing up as usb dac: 176.4khz on 1st photo playing Asia's track which sound great but once out of uapp to tunein internet radio and other android media apps, including googlemap etc. uapp driver seem to be stuck and does not allow android driver to take over and hence no sound ... video film via mxplayer also stutters badly

To have sound in uapp together with internet radio and other android media player, I must prevent uapp from detecting the usb dac of Helix dsp pro with ends up not android driver shown in 2nd photo of Bee Gee's track... sound deteriorates in uapp with of course which I certainly hope to avoid. I am also puzzled how can android: 176.2khz show up.

Incidently I also just added an ifi usb micropower which I first selected switch to lift ground and read that otg cable seems to differs from normal usb cable in that it is grounded and not sure if lifting ground caused this but I tried also grounding option to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any help to point me to the right direction to resolve this issue.

Cheers.

Richard

There can be only one driver active at a time. After exiting the app using the back button, the app asks the kernel to reattach the Android/Linux driver, but that usually fails. The only solution is to disconnect and reconnect the DAC. If UAPP starts automatically when connecting the DAC, you need to clear the app's defaults in Android settings -> Apps -> USB Audio Player PRO. The next time you connect the DAC, Android will usually (depending on the Android version and device) ask which app you want to use with the DAC. It's best to either ignore this by pressing the Back button or choose the app, but in the next screen press 'Only once' and not 'Always use'.

I hope this helps.

Jul 14, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #2,843 of 6,188
There can be only one driver active at a time. After exiting the app using the back button, the app asks the kernel to reattach the Android/Linux driver, but that usually fails. The only solution is to disconnect and reconnect the DAC. If UAPP starts automatically when connecting the DAC, you need to clear the app's defaults in Android settings -> Apps -> USB Audio Player PRO. The next time you connect the DAC, Android will usually (depending on the Android version and device) ask which app you want to use with the DAC. It's best to either ignore this by pressing the Back button or choose the app, but in the next screen press 'Only once' and not 'Always use'.

I hope this helps.

Hey Davy,

Thanks for the quick advice that is very much appreciated .. not particular IT Software savy and had spent 2 nights struggling with this issue.

Surprised that reattaching android/linux driver "usually fails" and any chance to fix this in uapp update e.g. reboot app etc. instead of connecting/disconnecting the dac while noting mentioned only can connect/disconnect physically ? Guess I can add a switcher to do so at worst case since doing this physically is not safenor even possible in driving mode and think also not preferred in home use.

Yes, I noticed recently and only recently that uapp app starts at the background when I get in my car which restart the android HU i.e. dac gets reconnected but guess this issue started as I open it up and not knowing the correct advised sequence to clear uapp default setting back to android. Any chance to also fix this via uapp update since doing this few time a day when I restart car and remembering the sequence does not seems viable ? Mobile car usage of uapp may be uncommon but most uapp home users drive and I believe they will appreciate requested fix ... hopefully with viable uapp update to resolve this issue.

Hope for your further advice on such a uapp fix.

With appreciation and cheers.

Richard@Singapore (12 hrs ahead of usa)

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #2,844 of 6,188
Hey Davy,

Thanks for the quick advice that is very much appreciated .. not particular IT Software savy and had spent 2 nights struggling with this issue.

Surprised that reattaching android/linux driver "usually fails" and any chance to fix this in uapp update e.g. reboot app etc. instead of connecting/disconnecting the dac while noting mentioned only can con ect/disconnect physically ? Guess I can add a switcher to do so at worst case ad doing this physically is not safe in driving mode and think also not preferred in home use.

Yes, I noticed recently and only recently that uapp app starts at the background when I get in my car which restart the android HU i.e. dac gets reconnected but guess this issue started as I open it up and not knowing the correct advised sequence to clear uapp default setting back to android. Any chance to also fix this via uapp update since doing this few time a day when I restart car does not seems viable ? Mobile car usage of uapp may be uncommon but most uapp home users drives and I believe they will appreciate requester and hopefully viable uapp update to resolve this issue.

Hope for your further advice on such a uapp fix.

With appreciation and cheers.

Richard@Singapore (12 hrs ahead of usa)

I'm afraid there are no further fixes for this. If the kernel does not respond to the query to re-attached its driver, then there is nothing we can do about it. If the app starts automatically, you clear the defaults, that should do it.

Jul 14, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #2,845 of 6,188
I'm afraid there are no further fixes for this. If the kernel does not respond to the query to re-attached its driver, then there is nothing we can do about it. If the app starts automatically, you clear the defaults, that should do it.

Hi Davy,

I will certainly retry later tonight after dinner but hope app dun start automatically then until I calls for uapp which seems to be a recent phenomenon and hence I admittedly messed up.

Think still not ideal as I may use uapp and the other apps or for example, simply having googlemap running at the same time with voice navigation 10s of times within 1 trip which now without sound and yet mute uapp if uapp driver is in use :frowning2:

Btw, android:176.4khz is a misleading error or it is really at 176.4khz albiet audibly inferior as I cannot see input sampling rate on helix dsp pro or at least had not learnt to do so.

Cheers.

Richard

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #2,849 of 6,188
20190715_100551.jpg
20190715_100605.jpg
Hi Davy,

I will certainly retry later tonight after dinner but hope app dun start automatically then until I calls for uapp which seems to be a recent phenomenon and hence I admittedly messed up.

Think still not ideal as I may use uapp and the other apps or for example, simply having googlemap running at the same time with voice navigation 10s of times within 1 trip which now without sound and yet mute uapp if uapp driver is in use :frowning2:

Btw, android:176.4khz is a misleading error or it is really at 176.4khz albiet audibly inferior as I cannot see input sampling rate on helix dsp pro or at least had not learnt to do so.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Davy,

Sorry for the delay .. came home late after FIL's 85th birthday dinner and all the drinking din help .. keke.

Validated all your advice and instructions and also validated the same issue on also paid onkyo hf player. The later has option to choose driver with info on what is running as seen in photos but selecting tablet as output for android driver after onkyo hf hires driver does not work and similarly requires physical disconnection/connection.

Even if onkyo hf player works on choosing driver on the fly without disconnecting/connecting physically to toggle back to android driver, it is no go for me since playing uapp/onkyo hf will not work with googlemap etc. that its audio needs to cut in and out repeatedly.

Still think it is a bummer of such uapp, onkyo hf player etc. for hires driver replacement for android driver if it cannot switch automatically back and fro and looking forward to some genius on any possible fix.

Meanwhile android:176.4khz is misleading and hope that it will be fixed in next uapp update.

Cheers.

Richard

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,850 of 6,188
I'm curious if the ibasso DC01 will work with UAPP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back