USB Audio Player PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous USB audio support for Android
Jun 20, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #1,621 of 6,188
Got it Davy!

On the early version 4 I have conflicts playing with my external dac (LH Labs Infinity) from LG V20, choosing "Android" as driver i this issue.

Have not touched further anything from further updates.

Will try your recommendation. I have used trhese trick from early days to avoid skipping from playing DSD128 material and upwards.

Will explore again tonight..

Jun 20, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #1,622 of 6,188
Hi, I'm an owner of Samsung Note3 and Centrance HI-FI M8 LX dac. The only way to bind them - turn on the DAC, then plug-in usb connector to Note3 - UAPP automatically starts up and everthing is ok. If I turn off the DAC and turn it on again (with UAPP relaunching) - an app doesn't see my DAC. If I plug-in the usb cable first and then turn on the DAC - UAPP starts up but doesn't see the DAC again (in previous versions the message was: usb device initialized. But there was an error message during playback). So, may you give some advice how to solve this? Would be great, thanks.

and one more: is UAPP compatible with Samsung J2 phones (2018)? Did somebody try it? Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #1,623 of 6,188
Hi, I'm an owner of Samsung Note3 and Centrance HI-FI M8 LX dac. The only way to bind them - turn on the DAC, then plug-in usb connector to Note3 - UAPP automatically starts up and everthing is ok. If I turn off the DAC and turn it on again (with UAPP relaunching) - an app doesn't see my DAC. If I plug-in the usb cable first and then turn on the DAC - UAPP starts up but doesn't see the DAC again (in previous versions the massage was: usb device initialized. But there was an error massage during playback). So, may you give some advice how to solve this? Would be great, thanks.

and one more: is UAPP compatible with Samsung J2 phones (2018)? Did somebody try it? Thanks.

There is a bug in the current version that does not release the USB device on exit which might cause that. A new version will be released in the next hours. I'd stay away from the J series since there have been too many bad reports about them regarding USB audio. If you want something cheap, I'd suggest getting a 2nd hand Samsung S7.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #1,624 of 6,188
There is a bug in the current version that does not release the USB device on exit which might cause that. A new version will be released in the next hours. I'd stay away from the J series since there have been too many bad reports about them regarding USB audio. If you want something cheap, I'd suggest getting a 2nd hand Samsung S7.
Thank you for the reply, I afraid this is not the current version problem, I had it last two years:)
What about Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 dual sim (2017) and Xiaomi Redmi 5A? Is the first one stable?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,625 of 6,188
Thank you for the reply, I afraid this is not the current version problem, I had it last two years:)
What about Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 dual sim (2017) and Xiaomi Redmi 5A? Is the first one stable?

You mean you never updated UAPP? I'm also not fond of the Xiaomi's. Aside for USB audio problems as well, they have a very Chinese feel to their user interface. Of course, if you are Chinese yourself then that would be OK.

Jun 20, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #1,626 of 6,188
You mean you never updated UAPP? I'm also not fond of the Xiaomi's. Aside for USB audio problems as well, they have a very Chinese feel to their user interface. Of course, if you are Chinese yourself then that would be OK.
No,no, I always update UAPP, just never asked about that problem here. Every time I need to turn on DAC and then plug-in the usb cable to Note3. And no, I'm not Chinese:) Thanks for the advice.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #1,627 of 6,188
No,no, I always update UAPP, just never asked about that problem here. Every time I need to turn on DAC and then plug-in the usb cable to Note3. And no, I'm not Chinese:) Thanks for the advice.

Aha. Well, I'm afraid I don't know the answer then. Basically, DAC detection is done by Linux/Android, so UAPP can only work with the USB devices that Android finds. Nevertheless, you should really update to 4.3.5 that was just released, just in case.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #1,628 of 6,188
Aha. Well, I'm afraid I don't know the answer then. Basically, DAC detection is done by Linux/Android, so UAPP can only work with the USB devices that Android finds. Nevertheless, you should really update to 4.3.5 that was just released, just in case.
Yes, I think this is Note 3 problem, I cannot send any other audio data from other apps to HI-FI M8, I receive the message 'usb device connected' but every music app, youtube, etc. - lags.
One more question pls: I tried to connect devices via cable with isolated power pin in usb connector, all seems to be fine. May it lead to some problems? Is it a good idea to make a custom cable without power supply? Thanks.

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,629 of 6,188
Yes, I think this is Note 3 problem, I cannot send any other audio data from other apps to HI-FI M8, I receive the message 'usb device connected' but every music app, youtube, etc. - lags.
One more question pls: I tried to connect devices via cable with isolated power pin in usb connector, all seems to be fine. May it lead to some problems? Is it a good idea to make a custom cable without power supply? Thanks.

I'm afraid I have no knowledge on the electrical parts.

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #1,630 of 6,188
I've got a question about how UAPP interacts with streaming radio stations:

When I'm listening to "ThistleRadio" on SomaFM in UAPP - https://somafm.com/thistle/directstreamlinks.html - there is no track information displayed on the screen of my DP-X1.
When I'm listening to "ThistleRadio" on SomaFM in TuneIn Radio Pro, track information (including some album art) is displayed on the screen of my DP-X1.

Is there a setting that I should change in UAPP, so the track info will be displayed - or is this a feature you can add?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,631 of 6,188
I've got a question about how UAPP interacts with streaming radio stations:

When I'm listening to "ThistleRadio" on SomaFM in UAPP - https://somafm.com/thistle/directstreamlinks.html - there is no track information displayed on the screen of my DP-X1.
When I'm listening to "ThistleRadio" on SomaFM in TuneIn Radio Pro, track information (including some album art) is displayed on the screen of my DP-X1.

Is there a setting that I should change in UAPP, so the track info will be displayed - or is this a feature you can add?

Thanks,
David Baldock

We may add that in future.

Jun 21, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #1,632 of 6,188
Hi.
Am using UAPP on a samsung Note Pro, Android 5.02, and Oppo HA 2 DAC.

Have played some HiRes 96/24 5.1 channel flac, without any apparent loss from the surround channels. Is it UAPP combining the surround channels into 2-channel stereo, or would it be my DAC doing this?

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #1,633 of 6,188
I use UAPP with the Redmi Note 4, it works great.
But my micoUSB port is pretty sensitive, it easily looses connection to the DAC when moving the phone around.
I would recommend getting a phone with USB-C, since its a more robust port by design.

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #1,635 of 6,188
I use UAPP with the Redmi Note 4, it works great.
But my micoUSB port is pretty sensitive, it easily looses connection to the DAC when moving the phone around.
I would recommend getting a phone with USB-C, since its a more robust port by design.

I must say that that is not true. I have a V30 with a very loose USB-C connector. Touching the cable a little (and I have a very sturdy one) will detach the DAC. So yes, in theory that's true, but not always in practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back