Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #3,601 of 3,931
Maybe i'm too paranoïd.....i should wait a couple of weeks.

Anyway, i would like to thank Stephen Guo openly for his presence and his fast answers! Always friendly and fast! 

Thats the kind of service i like! 

beerchug.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #3,602 of 3,931
Quote:
Anyway, i would like to thank Stephen Guo openly for his presence and his fast answers! Always friendly and fast! 

I'm just curious how you contact him?  My IEM's have been there for going on two months.  I was told about three weeks ago that they would be shipped in a few days, yet the status on my order page hasn't been updated, nor have I received a shipping update.  I tried to contact them via the email address I'd been using twice last week and got no response.

Apr 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #3,603 of 3,931
Just sent my UM3X away to be remoulded.

The guys at Unique Melody Australia are ridiculously helpful.

They even sent my audiologist instructions for how to get the best impressions - even she was gobsmacked, and told me that "No one else that has come here to get monitors made, has been this prepared".

I've opted for:

UM3X remould
Westone Clear Cable

Both IEMS clear, the right one having a Red tip, and the left one having a Blue tip.

It's more of a test, I work with a few teams of audio engineers and technicians, and I'm basically putting myself up as a guinea pig. If this all goes down well, we might get a few sets of their 8 driver, 4-way offering.

I was told the wait time would be between 5-6 weeks, and I'm glad they were honest - I wasn't expecting it to be quick.

I'll keep you guys updated, if you wish! (I'm based in Melbourne, Australia)

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #3,604 of 3,931
Just got confirmation last night while I was sleeping that my CIEM's have been shipped.  They let me know about 3 weeks ago, that my IEM's had arrived at a time when they were having customs issues and it would be approximately May 1, 2013 before they were shipped to me, so this was great news that they were shipped over a week ahead of schedule. 

Now I'm in for the hardest part....waiting for them to arrive here.  Here's to hoping they don't get caught in customs coming to me also.  And to hoping they make for a good seal, and comfortable fit.  I made sure to take my audiologist UM's ear mold instructions.  She seemed to already be very familiar with the process and said she'd been doing them for some of Nashville's country music singers, so I feel very good about the quality of the molds.  My biggest concern is how straight my ear canals are.  They dont have those twists and bends like you see in most molds, just a bit of a bulge where the bends would usually be.  "fingers crossed".

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #3,607 of 3,931
I sent a pair of TF10s 19th march and arrived on 2nd April to Melbourne they said me yesterday through UM Global that are in the lab in the construction queue hopefully they made it quickly and for mid may or sooner if they don´t have a lot of orders.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #3,608 of 3,931
i spoke to UM lab a couple of days ago. They said my order (refit) will be back around the 16th of May. Last time they said that they already sent out the package, so i'm quite optimistic! Anyway, i'm just so relieved the item wasn't lost in the mail!! It took 5 weeks from EU to China.....the slowest thing i've seen until now! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3,609 of 3,931
Quote:
i spoke to UM lab a couple of days ago. They said my order (refit) will be back around the 16th of May. Last time they said that they already sent out the package, so i'm quite optimistic! Anyway, i'm just so relieved the item wasn't lost in the mail!! It took 5 weeks from EU to China.....the slowest thing i've seen until now! 
beerchug.gif

Maybe the French Postal system also works 32 hrs a week :p.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #3,612 of 3,931
Has anyone had the CK10x3 remould/upgrade done?
I'm interested in hearing how the sound sig is affected by it.
I've already broken one pair of CK10's due to a blocked filter; thinking of remoulding these before that happens again!

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #3,613 of 3,931
Got my CIEM's yesterday morning!!!  I don't know how they managed to get them to my door from China so quickly, but I'm not complaining.  They look beautiful, and sound great.  When I got them I was a bit surprised that the ear canal tips were not longer than they were as the molds I provided were much longer.  I was slightly concerned about that.  However after putting them in, I had a fantastic seal and the comfort was amazing.  I don't think I have any worries about them coming out, as when I removed them from my ears they made a "suction" noise.  I haven't taken them for my final test yet (a run), but I am going to do that today.

On a side note, I must say I was not expecting the seal to be quite so good.  I was listening to them at a moderate listening level yesterday morning while making a protein smoothie, and I could not even hear the blender.  I'm very aware of my surroundings when I run, so I'm not too worried about being run down as I always look back over my shoulder several times before moving over to the other lane.  For other people that aren't so focused on traffic I would be worried though. 

I could not be happier with the results so far.  The only thing I think they could improve is not even related to the actual CIEM's.  Their foldout instructions could use a few corrections....but that is completely trivial.  I will post pictures later today. Two thumbs up from me UM.

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #3,614 of 3,931
Quote:
Got my CIEM's yesterday morning!!!  I don't know how they managed to get them to my door from China so quickly, but I'm not complaining.  They look beautiful, and sound great.  ....  I haven't taken them for my final test yet (a run), but I am going to do that today.

There's no immediate harm running with CIEMs in, but please remember that balanced armatures, and the tubing that connects them to the canal output of the CIEM, struggle to cope with high levels of moisture. This can lead to problems with sound quality.

When you run, you are much more likely to generate sweat, even in your ear canals, and this can easily make its way into the CIEM output tubing and, eventually, the balanced armatures themselves. This is why it is generally not recommended to run/exercise with balanced armature CIEMs. Much better to exercise with universals with dynamic drivers.

But it's your pair of CIEMs and it's your life, I'm not trying to tell you what to do; just giving you a friendly word of advice.

You might also consider buying a hearing aid dehumidifier box, to dry your CIEMs tubes and components.

Anyway, I'm really glad you like what UM have made for you!

Apr 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #3,615 of 3,931
You should try taking the subway with it.....first time I got my ciem it was the best subway ride EVER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back