Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #3,617 of 3,931
Quote:
You should try taking the subway with it.....first time I got my ciem it was the best subway ride EVER!

I would definitely give this a try....however this would also be my first ever subway ride, so I'd have nothing to compare it too. lol

Quote:

There's no immediate harm running with CIEMs in, but please remember that balanced armatures, and the tubing that connects them to the canal output of the CIEM, struggle to cope with high levels of moisture. This can lead to problems with sound quality.

When you run, you are much more likely to generate sweat, even in your ear canals, and this can easily make its way into the CIEM output tubing and, eventually, the balanced armatures themselves. This is why it is generally not recommended to run/exercise with balanced armature CIEMs. Much better to exercise with universals with dynamic drivers.

But it's your pair of CIEMs and it's your life, I'm not trying to tell you what to do; just giving you a friendly word of advice.

You might also consider buying a hearing aid dehumidifier box, to dry your CIEMs tubes and components.

Anyway, I'm really glad you like what UM have made for you!

I had always wondered why I'd never heard of people really using these for workouts. Good information to have.  Curiously enough I tend to not sweat much when I run, but mostly after I stop running.  It's rather awkward.  However I'm sure I do sweat more than usual while running.  Do you think that dehumidifying them each day after my runs would be sufficient, or is it just a bad idea altogether to run with them?

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #3,618 of 3,931
I wanted to get my Westone AC2 CIEM reshelled but I have heard that the UM's reshelling cost has increased from $169? Their site still shows $169 for the basic reshelling.
Any idea guys?

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #3,619 of 3,931
Quote:
I wanted to get my Westone AC2 CIEM reshelled but I have heard that the UM's reshelling cost has increased from $169? Their site still shows $169 for the basic reshelling.
Any idea guys?

Not that I'm aware.  That is what it cost me, and I just got mine back yesterday.  I'd say if they are still advertising it at that price you should still get it at that price.

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #3,620 of 3,931
Quote:
.... Do you think that dehumidifying them each day after my runs would be sufficient, or is it just a bad idea altogether to run with them?

Personally, I'd prefer not to unnecessarily put expensive CIEMs in harms way, but I've given you a summary of the negatives, so it's really your call as to whether or not you wish to risk it. Some owners do; many don't.

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #3,621 of 3,931
Quote:
Not that I'm aware.  That is what it cost me, and I just got mine back yesterday.  I'd say if they are still advertising it at that price you should still get it at that price.

Just got a reply from UM confirming that the price for reshelling has increased to $239. Guess, now UM has moved out of the budget reshelling service options.

Apr 25, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #3,622 of 3,931
Quote:

Just got a reply from UM confirming that the price for reshelling has increased to $239. Guess, now UM has moved out of the budget reshelling service options.

Well that's unfortunate.  With that in mind, had that been the price when I needed it done I might have just gone with someone based in the US.  I must admit UM did great work, but the amount of time I waited for it with the customs issues at the new price might not make it worth it.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #3,624 of 3,931
Ha, not long ago i started an anger thread, about catastrophic postal services...http://www.head-fi.org/t/659506/worse-postal-services-ever-please-share-your-experiences-anger-thread

now i should open another about the FASTEST.....

UM lab send my phones (refit) yesterday....YES yesterday.....and they arrived today at my hometown airport.....!!!

If there wasn't a sunday tomorrow they would be in my hands then! 

That means technically speaking 1 to 2 days form China to EU with a spotless tracking service!

CLAP YOUR HANDS FOR FEDEX! 

Apr 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,625 of 3,931
Quote:

Being that UM is still advertising a re-shell (on their website) as being $169, has anyone placed an order at that price, and then had UM notify them later about a price increase?

I've been procrastinating on having my JH16 re-shelled, and if UM is now not honoring the price on their website, I may as well just pay a bit extra and send them to 1964 Ears (they're only 175 miles from me).

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #3,626 of 3,931
Quote:

Being that UM is still advertising a re-shell (on their website) as being $169, has anyone placed an order at that price, and then had UM notify them later about a price increase?

I've been procrastinating on having my JH16 re-shelled, and if UM is now not honoring the price on their website, I may as well just pay a bit extra and send them to 1964 Ears (they're only 175 miles from me).

I finally went ahead with Dream Earz (http://dreamearz.com/). The charge $150 for reshelling + $7 for postage.

Apr 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #3,629 of 3,931
Thanks!

Great on both counts.  They fit like they were meant to be there, no discomfort at all, even after a couple hours in my ears.  Isolation is great also, When they are in my ears outside noises are greatly reduced.  By that I mean barely noticeable, and when listening to music, even at only a moderate level I'm basically deaf to every other thing going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back