Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #121 of 3,153
UM, in my experience has exceptionally friendly and fast responding customer service people, like Stephen Guo in my case, He was also very forthcoming and clear about the wait time which he was  happy to give me an estimate on before and during my order process.

mine arrived within the estimated time frame.. 38 days from when they received my molds if i recall correctly.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #123 of 3,153
I've dealt with Stephen Guo, and the customer service is very exceptional; it's too bad the turnover time is such a long wait, compared to US based companies, where the ES5 was a 5day wait. The turnover time may negatively contribute some to the reviews and appreciation of UM products, but if it isn't, it should at least be mentioned.

Dec 11, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #124 of 3,153
well, mine just shipped out! 
biggrin.gif

FedEx estimated they'd be coming on Tuesday, which, while it sounds a bit too good to be true, would be totally rad

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #125 of 3,153

Quote:
well, mine just shipped out! 
biggrin.gif

FedEx estimated they'd be coming on Tuesday, which, while it sounds a bit too good to be true, would be totally rad

i was stunned when my fedex estimator told me my iem's woudl reach me in VA usa from China in like 2 or 3 days ( i cant remember now) but indeed they did.

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #126 of 3,153
Hi, I think it would be appropriate to use this thread instead, for my Miracle.

Came a couple of days ago.

Here are the photos, hope this helps people make their color decision.

Wooden faceplate, black translucent body, clear tip.

Dec 25, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #127 of 3,153
Also, here's an important note. 

Apparently UM has random wooden faceplates.

They just slap on random designs for you... you may have to request for a specific one to avoid confusion.

I ordered expecting the cherry red wooden faceplates as follows:

But got the one above [refer to previous post for photos of actual custom]

Frankly though, I like the version that UM randomly selected for me, more. (luckily)

It's... more quaint.

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #128 of 3,153
Artwork, courtesy of my 5 year old nephew (relax, they're merely stickers 
tongue.gif
), and memory wires removed by yours truly. 
color]

Mar 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #133 of 3,153
Does anyone have any more information on the "short canal" thing mentioned in the review?

Really want to get some UE11's remoulded by UM but the short canal thing is worrying me a bit - I've had a look at the example photos and the canal extension looks like it's before the second earbend, where most other customs go deeper than UM.  Is it something you can request from UM when getting your customs?

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #134 of 3,153

Quote:
Does anyone have any more information on the "short canal" thing mentioned in the review?

Really want to get some UE11's remoulded by UM but the short canal thing is worrying me a bit - I've had a look at the example photos and the canal extension looks like it's before the second earbend, where most other customs go deeper than UM.  Is it something you can request from UM when getting your customs?

Which review are you referring to? 

I have customs from UM, Heir, and JH and all 3 have the same default canal lengths (this is not the best picture to analyze the canal lengths, but you get an idea) All 3 are very comfortable and hard to break the seal. I'm not sure about UM, but I know that Heir offers a musician's fit where the canal is just a bit longer. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #135 of 3,153

Quote:
Which review are you referring to? 

I have customs from UM, Heir, and JH and all 3 have the same default canal lengths (this is not the best picture to analyze the canal lengths, but you get an idea) All 3 are very comfortable and hard to break the seal. I'm not sure about UM, but I know that Heir offers a musician's fit where the canal is just a bit longer. 

Was referring to this spot:

"Interestingly, Unique Melody tends to mold slightly shorter canals than other manufacturers, which in result produces a relatively less intense isolation experience. So, if you believe you need the full 36 decibels of isolation that we received from JH Audio's monitor, we'd advise to let Unique Melody know you'd like your canals to be molded slightly longer and wider. "

However, those pictures give me more confidence, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back