Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Dec 6, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #2,911 of 3,153
  Thanks folks.

The Miracles have arrived.
beerchug.gif

I can't seem to load any photos as yet.  Maybe it a number of posts thing (low) so here are some links.

So far the word Smmmmoooooootttthhhhhhh comes to mind. 
gs1000.gif
  Left them running all night via the PC and some various dynamic music.

More fun today.

Regards Cazzesman

There you go, all sorted.  Very nice looking pair.  How's the fit?

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #2,912 of 3,153
Champion.  Thanks very much.  Was it operator error on my behalf not being able to get the photos up?

The fits seems very good.  Seal stays intact with mouth open or closed.    Probably 6 or so hours of use so just getting use to it all.

Regards Cazzesman

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #2,914 of 3,153
  Champion.  Thanks very much.  Was it operator error on my behalf not being able to get the photos up?

The fits seems very good.  Seal stays intact with mouth open or closed.    Probably 6 or so hours of use so just getting use to it all.

Regards Cazzesman

Not enough posts when you posted that.  In future you should be able to use the 'insert image' option when you go to post.  Simple enough after that.

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #2,915 of 3,153
Some more testing today after running in the Miracles again overnight.

Comfort level still good.  I'm starting to forget I have them in.

Fired up Steely Dan - Aja on the Clip+ (Rockboxed and Fiio 11K).  Flac file 16/44.  Smooth as silk.  The Miracles are just effortless.

The 11K has H & L gain and Bass On/Off adjustment.  I think I like the L gain and the Bass off.  The L gain allows me to turn up the 11K to 3 or 4 on the dial which makes it work abit harder.  Set on H gain the vol is just on and the amp hardly seems to kick into action. 

The Imaging is exceptional.   Vocals sound like they are inside my head dead centre.  No hint of harshness.  The quality of the recording is superb so every instrument shines.  The bass cruises along throughout. Drums snap and crackle.  The layered vocals are glorious on Peg with Michael McDonald's slightly off kilter vocal (by design) harmonising and the cymbals pinging away is 100% pure.

Damn these Miracles are a fine piece of kit.
ksc75smile.gif

Regards Cazzesman

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #2,916 of 3,153
4 or 5 days in using the Miracles and they continue to amaze.   I can wear them for hours now and not have any issues.  It is a totally Immersive feeling.

What they really do is show up the good recording from the great recordings. 

I put on Nil Petter Molvear - Khmer.   This is a very atmospheric recording from the world renown ECM Label.  Stunning sounds in the ciems.

Likewise Todd Rundgren - A Cappella was also grand and full head experience.

Corey Glover - The Pledge was terrific.  Great clarity and instrumentation.

One I was disappointed in was Emeli Sande' - Our Version of Events.   I love this CD but on the Miracles the drums sounded flat and the entire production was muddy.  Her voice was okay but overall it just didn't present well in the ears.

Still early days but I'm loving these.  

Pondering the next step i.e. source hardware.    Not sure if I can come at a Calyx M or the A & K pricing but the ibasso DX90 is in my sights.

Regards Cazzesman

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #2,917 of 3,153
i say DX90 its FTW and will amaze you, you wont need an amp with it.

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #2,918 of 3,153
0Quote:
  Pondering the next step i.e. source hardware.    Not sure if I can come at a Calyx M or the A & K pricing but the ibasso DX90 is in my sights.

Regards Cazzesman

Congrats on your new toy. I'm still loving mine after 3 years.

Not quite sure if it's possible for you to try the DAPs before you buy them, but that's what I'd advise. Money is not easy to come by after all.
Between a DX90 and Calyx M, personally I'd go with the M. Tonality wise, it's much meatier and lusher in presentation, yet details are still forthcoming.

I'm currently using DX100, while my wife is having the DX90. Alternatively, do give HM-802 a try if you can do.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #2,919 of 3,153
While the HiFiMan HM-901 might be over your planned budget, I would also consider that. It pairs very well with my Miracle's and also doubles as a small/portable DAC-amp combo. Line out sound quality is clearly high end IMO (without taking size into the equation). This might save you money for a desktop DAC. However, beware that it doesn't have USB DAC function without the dock. Alone it only has S/PDIF input.

Dec 18, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #2,920 of 3,153
The Fiio X5 got double memory slots and Coaxial as output, its a very good DAP,

yet the ibasso DX90, from one of the reviews i saw that it does have better Treble Quality than the X5 and slighty better details but less sound stage,

guess i will go with the Fiio X5 for the features which i need.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #2,921 of 3,153
i think x5 has a more engaging sound but dx90 is more open and wide. the kick punch more energetic in x5 but the trebles sounds more detailed and rich in dx90. i would say the x5 is kinda more in your face while dx90 feels vast and lush. but i hate dx90's touch screen, interface and sharp corners. i wish my dx90 has x5's casing and interface

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #2,922 of 3,153
I just bought a used DX100 and can honestly say that my Miracles have never sounded better.  Yes the player is a bit of a brick but I don’t find it any more hassle to transport than the DX50, in terms of SQ the DX100 is miles ahead of the DX50 (I’ve tried all FW options), the DX50 now sounds stale and tinny, whereas the DX100 sound full, rich, wide and very warm across the spectrum.  Would like to compare to the DX90 which I could have picked up for similar money, but word on the street is DX90 is 80% of the DX100.  I would always wonder what that extra 20% sounded like!

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #2,923 of 3,153
Congrats on the new source.   I put in an offer on a 2nd hand DX90 but the guy wanted tooooooo much so I'm biding my time.  

Loving the Miracles.  I have been outside painting the house lately and I totally forget I have them in.  Just hours of great sounds without discomfort.
k701smile.gif

Regards Cazzesman

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #2,924 of 3,153
has anyone sent in their se530's and upgraded to 6 drivers?? 

jw as i have se530's and was deciding between the se846's vs the miracles. 

i know sq vs sq miracles would probably win and it would probably be a no contest. 

i recently sold my se535's for 300. i was wondering if you would upgrade to the se846's for 500 more, or go with sending UM my se530's and upgrade to 6drivers for 500? 

i like comfort and amazing sound. from what i've read they both have that. and i'm used to the se's already.

but for the resale value. the se846's will most likely have better resale value and on top of that, they would probably be WAY more easier to sell. 

my question to you all is what would you do if u were in my shoes? send in your se530's and upgrade? or just go with the se846's for ease of reselling and such?

Feb 17, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #2,925 of 3,153
has anyone sent in their se530's and upgraded to 6 drivers?? 

jw as i have se530's and was deciding between the se846's vs the miracles. 

i know sq vs sq miracles would probably win and it would probably be a no contest. 

i recently sold my se535's for 300. i was wondering if you would upgrade to the se846's for 500 more, or go with sending UM my se530's and upgrade to 6drivers for 500? 

i like comfort and amazing sound. from what i've read they both have that. and i'm used to the se's already.

but for the resale value. the se846's will most likely have better resale value and on top of that, they would probably be WAY more easier to sell. 

my question to you all is what would you do if u were in my shoes? send in your se530's and upgrade? or just go with the se846's for ease of reselling and such?

I'd sell em all and get miracle. As i'm buying in ear not to resell it. Just my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back