Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #2,896 of 3,153
oh this post is alive? all the people moved to the mentor hehe, still the miracle can stand on its own for sure <3

Oct 18, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #2,897 of 3,153
I think the Miracle will always be held in high regard, but people always flock to the latest and greatest models, so it's bound to happen.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #2,899 of 3,153
Have you guys tried the ALO Tinsel Earphone Cable for miracles? the only problem are the earphone plugs in the CIEM sockets. I have a bad feeling that it wouldn't fit. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dec 4, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #2,900 of 3,153
Hi folks,

The countdown clock is ticking and my new custom Miracles should be in my sweaty palms in the next few hours.
popcorn.gif
  Waiting, waiting.

I have 2 questions if you please.

How long is the normal 'Breakin' period?

And....

I was wondering what you drive your Miracles with at the moment and what you might have tested them with.

I currently have a Clip+ with a Fiio 11K amp.  I use flac files exclusively.   I have some high Rez 24/96 files but the clip won't play them.  No big deal really at this stage.

Once the Miracles have broken in and I was pondering a source upgade, what would suggest I look at.

I see you have Cowan's listed as a good source.  I guess the ibasso dx50 or dx90 would be on the list.  Anything else?

Thanks for any advice you might give.

Regards Cazzesman

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,901 of 3,153
  Hi folks,

The countdown clock is ticking and my new custom Miracles should be in my sweaty palms in the next few hours.
popcorn.gif
  Waiting, waiting.

I have 2 questions if you please.

How long is the normal 'Breakin' period?

And....

I was wondering what you drive your Miracles with at the moment and what you might have tested them with.

I currently have a Clip+ with a Fiio 11K amp.  I use flac files exclusively.   I have some high Rez 24/96 files but the clip won't play them.  No big deal really at this stage.

Once the Miracles have broken in and I was pondering a source upgade, what would suggest I look at.

I see you have Cowan's listed as a good source.  I guess the ibasso dx50 or dx90 would be on the list.  Anything else?

Thanks for any advice you might give.

Regards Cazzesman

I honestly really liked it with the Fiio X1, believe it or not. Much more than with my Cowon J3. People say they scale up very well with better sources, and though it's a bit dated, the ibasso DX100 is supposed to really make them sing.

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #2,902 of 3,153

I honestly really liked it with the Fiio X1, believe it or not. Much more than with my Cowon J3. People say they scale up very well with better sources, and though it's a bit dated, the ibasso DX100 is supposed to really make them sing.

as far as i recall Cowon J3 isn't the best option for the Mircale and in fact it does sound wrong with it,

i remember discusing this like two years ago on this thread with the top head-fiers from this thread, back in the days when i was looking for a DAP for the Miracle.

you will easily notice that when you try the Miracle with DX90 or Fiio X5 but going from Fiio X1 to the J3 i guess you will see the J3 as a better option.

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #2,903 of 3,153
Thanks folks.

The Miracles have arrived.
beerchug.gif

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn278/cazzesman/ciems005jpgcropped_zps544ceeea.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn278/cazzesman/ciems004_zps0a3cb464.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn278/cazzesman/ciems002_zps6d39cc32.jpg

I can't seem to load any photos as yet.  Maybe it a number of posts thing (low) so here are some links.

So far the word Smmmmoooooootttthhhhhhh comes to mind. 
gs1000.gif
  Left them running all night via the PC and some various dynamic music.

More fun today.

Regards Cazzesman

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #2,904 of 3,153
gratz man!! also make sure you give them at least 10-15 hours before you judge them , your brain need to get used to the sound, the miracle is balanced and fun,

what are you using it with?

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2,905 of 3,153
  as far as i recall Cowon J3 isn't the best option for the Mircale and in fact it does sound wrong with it,

i remember discusing this like two years ago on this thread with the top head-fiers from this thread, back in the days when i was looking for a DAP for the Miracle.

you will easily notice that when you try the Miracle with DX90 or Fiio X5 but going from Fiio X1 to the J3 i guess you will see the J3 as a better option.

I actually liked the X1 more than the X5 if you can believe it. I didn't do an A/B, so that could be for a number of reasons. I'll be getting a Geek Wave XD128 sometime next year, so hopefully it will pair well. I even got the IEM perk, so it will have a gain switch for sensitive IEMS. Fingers are crossed - Light Harmonic has a lot of their plate and a lot of backers are nervous.

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #2,907 of 3,153
  I currently have a Clip+ (Rockboxed) with a Fiio 11K amp.  I use flac files exclusively.

Regards Cazzesman

i used to have this setup before, the clip+ rockboxed is epic, but the Treble might get bright sometimes, so is the Bass too, its smoother than what you had ofc, but trust me you will feel the difference later with a good portable amp

i used the UHA.6.MK II (ad 8010 something opamp) with the Clip+ and man!! the difference were shocking and epic, its cheap atm and i say get a used one, dont go for the 760 last model the difference is just the DAC  but the price is way higher on that model

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #2,908 of 3,153
Thanks the Amp suggestion.

What about replacement of the stock cable.   I have read plenty about the ....

Silver Dragon V1 IEM Headphone Cable

Or any other cables worth researching?

Any thoughts on a change down the track??

Regards Cazzesman

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #2,909 of 3,153

What about replacement of the stock cable.   I have read plenty about the ....

Silver Dragon V1 IEM Headphone Cable

Or any other cables worth researching?

Any thoughts on a change down the track??

Regards Cazzesman

The cable is the last thing to consider - any changes will be miniscule compared to the effect of upgrading your player or amp/dac. I can't wait to get a balanced Estron Linum cable for the Geek Wave...fingers are crossed.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #2,910 of 3,153
yes the cable is the last thing to buy, not saying its not worth it or something, its pricey and for the same price you could get a DAP or an AMP too.  

etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back