Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #2,926 of 3,153
I've made the decision to just pick the miracles. I bought a pair 2nd hand, and gonna get them reshelled. got the miracles 460. and reshell only costs 250 plus wait time. not a bad way to spend 700 bucks. Miracles are like what? 1.1k? 

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #2,927 of 3,153
I've made the decision to just pick the miracles. I bought a pair 2nd hand, and gonna get them reshelled. got the miracles 460. and reshell only costs 250 plus wait time. not a bad way to spend 700 bucks. Miracles are like what? 1.1k? 

So you're the one who picked it up in classified? Congrats for the purchase man!
Given my location, i paid around 1,3k for miracle. AND it's not there yet :frowning2:

I'm really thinking to cancel the order because the dealer seems having problems. But i'll wait another 7 days.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #2,928 of 3,153
Yeah. i figured it was a pretty good deal considering it's still about 300 off, and since i sold my se535's i considered them a trade with 160 cash. plus 300 for artwork and reshell, that's about 460. so i put in about 460. to get miracles. still a damn good deal to me. haha. i also feel u about the wait. i'm still waiting for mine to come in from malaysia to the united states. and after that, sending them in for another wait of 6 weeks. that sounds so long. 2 months..... ugh.... gonna be tough but hey.. i still got my se530s!!! and after installing sound dampers, they sound just as good as the se535's with sound dampers as well!!!

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #2,929 of 3,153
Yeah. i figured it was a pretty good deal considering it's still about 300 off, and since i sold my se535's i considered them a trade with 160 cash. plus 300 for artwork and reshell, that's about 460. so i put in about 460. to get miracles. still a damn good deal to me. haha. i also feel u about the wait. i'm still waiting for mine to come in from malaysia to the united states. and after that, sending them in for another wait of 6 weeks. that sounds so long. 2 months..... ugh.... gonna be tough but hey.. i still got my se530s!!! and after installing sound dampers, they sound just as good as the se535's with sound dampers as well!!!

It was indeed a good deal. I was also thinking to pick them up for spare CIEM, but then I see the location and i don't think i'd do it :D
So you got them already?

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #2,930 of 3,153
in the mail right now, leaving malaysia, should get to me by next week. i already have ear impressions, but since they're like 5 years old. i gotta take new impressions. i found a spot near me that does ear impressions for 35 bucks for both ears. gonna print them a sheet of instructions and hope to god they do it right. i dont think i could stand sending them back for refit back and forth. also i'm thinking about dealing with custom-iem.com vs um global. i was reading global u would probably get them back faster which is cool, but i mean if u get a refit done, it's 45 bucks even with warranty (please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that's what i read, it was late so i dont remember much but that was the gist of what i got) but if other people have dealth with one or the other, please let me know!!!  i'm in the states. so if ur in the states and have dealth with UM let me know which one is better to get my results back in faster. from what i understand there is UK UM which has bad reviews, and UMLabs in China, and UM Global which i believe is in Aus. i think the best decision would be to deal with custom-iem.com but i've read a couple of posts that says UM Global has had faster returns. but i dont remember if they were in the states, or if they were in Aus as well. Let me know guys!!! and thx for the advice nardkumz!!! i also emailed stephen and the other UM from aus. the UM aus rep says that they use even more expensive drivers than the SE530's and that they were in all ways better. so i after hearing that as well. helped me in my choice to just pick up miracles. and i've read half way this thread a few others had wished they had just picked up miracles instead of reshelling se530's and se535's. I just wanted to restate that because as i was looking there wasnt much i could find on that subject. and if some people were in the same boat as me, im sure they were wondering the same thing. what to do? reshell....or to pick up miracles? the answer would be to pick up miracles. !!!

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #2,931 of 3,153
in the mail right now, leaving malaysia, should get to me by next week. i already have ear impressions, but since they're like 5 years old. i gotta take new impressions. i found a spot near me that does ear impressions for 35 bucks for both ears. gonna print them a sheet of instructions and hope to god they do it right. i dont think i could stand sending them back for refit back and forth. also i'm thinking about dealing with custom-iem.com vs um global. i was reading global u would probably get them back faster which is cool, but i mean if u get a refit done, it's 45 bucks even with warranty (please correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that's what i read, it was late so i dont remember much but that was the gist of what i got) but if other people have dealth with one or the other, please let me know!!!  i'm in the states. so if ur in the states and have dealth with UM let me know which one is better to get my results back in faster. from what i understand there is UK UM which has bad reviews, and UMLabs in China, and UM Global which i believe is in Aus. i think the best decision would be to deal with custom-iem.com but i've read a couple of posts that says UM Global has had faster returns. but i dont remember if they were in the states, or if they were in Aus as well. Let me know guys!!! and thx for the advice nardkumz!!! i also emailed stephen and the other UM from aus. the UM aus rep says that they use even more expensive drivers than the SE530's and that they were in all ways better. so i after hearing that as well. helped me in my choice to just pick up miracles. and i've read half way this thread a few others had wished they had just picked up miracles instead of reshelling se530's and se535's. I just wanted to restate that because as i was looking there wasnt much i could find on that subject. and if some people were in the same boat as me, im sure they were wondering the same thing. what to do? reshell....or to pick up miracles? the answer would be to pick up miracles. !!!

First thing first, it'd be nicer if you write a long post in paragraphs ( i struggled a bit to not get lost in middle of the text :D )

As far as i know, no matter through which company you order, your impressions are gonna be mailed to UM Lab in china. ( i see the UM CIEM production process in youtube ) And here is the best part, because of CNY, UM Lab is closed for 2 weeks.

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #2,932 of 3,153
haha sorry bout that!!!

yeah i talked to stephen and he said that it'd be a delay cuz of CNY. i guess i'll wait 2 weeks after the 19th to send them in. I prolly wont get my own iem's till then anyways. 

how long have u waited to get your iems? i've u've waited the majority of the time, i'd just wait for them. that way it wasnt all in vain. 

always  have a back up iem!!!!  i know if i lost my se530's right now, i'd HATE defaulting to some mid tier headphones!!

Can wait to see what elite tier will sound like haha. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #2,933 of 3,153
haha sorry bout that!!!

yeah i talked to stephen and he said that it'd be a delay cuz of CNY. i guess i'll wait 2 weeks after the 19th to send them in. I prolly wont get my own iem's till then anyways. 

how long have u waited to get your iems? i've u've waited the majority of the time, i'd just wait for them. that way it wasnt all in vain. 

always  have a back up iem!!!!  i know if i lost my se530's right now, i'd HATE defaulting to some mid tier headphones!!

Can wait to see what elite tier will sound like haha. 

Good point, i can't help but think that you got the miracle already, my bad.

I've been waiting for 6 weeks, i guess it couldn't take any longer.

Well miracle is gonna be my first CIEM, having said that my 2nd one, roxanne is coming as well, because i can't stand the long waiting time. As for now I'm still using my SE425 and XBA-4. there's nothing to complain, but with the incoming CIEMs, i bet these 2 are not gonna be used that often anymore :p

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #2,934 of 3,153
probably not haha. 

Yeah i'm still waiting for them. wont see them for 2 weeks at most. 

what u think about my pattern for these miracles? 

Pimped out Burberry style CIEM's LIMITED EDITION!!! jk. haha

i tried doing artwork, but unless they're silhouettes they look pretty bad in my eyes. 

so i decided to go with patterns instead, that way there's no cut offs or whatever 

Also Takashi Murakami Editions he's a japanese artist that does "Superflat" Paintings and has done LV collaborations

I would rock both, but i would personally rock the burberrys. Looks more "high end" and fashionable in my eyes. vs the kiddish cartoony style. but if you know who takashi murakami is, those look pretty awesome. haha. 

But yeah unless the artwork is silhouettes it's hard to get them to "fit" on the designer as well. even if they are, it's still kinda hard to center the artwork when u get a good one as well. 

i do however like those yellow ones the guy posted up, with the "Fireflies" Logo from The Last of Us, and the Metal Gear Solid Fox. My 2 FAVORITE games as well, TOP 3 for sure.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:27 AM Post #2,935 of 3,153
probably not haha. 

Yeah i'm still waiting for them. wont see them for 2 weeks at most. 

what u think about my pattern for these miracles? 

Pimped out Burberry style CIEM's LIMITED EDITION!!! jk. haha

i tried doing artwork, but unless they're silhouettes they look pretty bad in my eyes. 

so i decided to go with patterns instead, that way there's no cut offs or whatever 

Also Takashi Murakami Editions he's a japanese artist that does "Superflat" Paintings and has done LV collaborations

I would rock both, but i would personally rock the burberrys. Looks more "high end" and fashionable in my eyes. vs the kiddish cartoony style. but if you know who takashi murakami is, those look pretty awesome. haha. 

But yeah unless the artwork is silhouettes it's hard to get them to "fit" on the designer as well. even if they are, it's still kinda hard to center the artwork when u get a good one as well. 

i do however like those yellow ones the guy posted up, with the "Fireflies" Logo from The Last of Us, and the Metal Gear Solid Fox. My 2 FAVORITE games as well, TOP 3 for sure.

Well, i'd go with burberry nova check pattern, as i have the tendency to stick with the 'less is more' idea.

Either way, you can always buy another CIEM from UM and try the cartoonish design on it :p

i decided not to have any artwork done, because of the CIEM designer, as you said before, it's hard to get it right at the center with desired size and so on.

I'd rather go with 1964 ears to get an ciem with artwork, they simply have amazing CIEM designer. And I heard good things about V6.

Just my opinion

Feb 19, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #2,939 of 3,153
Good point, i can't help but think that you got the miracle already, my bad.

I've been waiting for 6 weeks, i guess it couldn't take any longer.

Well miracle is gonna be my first CIEM, having said that my 2nd one, roxanne is coming as well, because i can't stand the long waiting time. As for now I'm still using my SE425 and XBA-4. there's nothing to complain, but with the incoming CIEMs, i bet these 2 are not gonna be used that often anymore :p

With those two CIEMs coming in - those two will be on the FS thread in a heartbeat - you will desire a superior Universal when you decide to keep the customs at home.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #2,940 of 3,153
With those two CIEMs coming in - those two will be on the FS thread in a heartbeat - you will desire a superior Universal when you decide to keep the customs at home.:D

Hahhahhaa, i'd keep it for the first months until i get the money to get a decent UIEM. But i'd always bring my custom in my bag.

But you're right, i aim to get noble 6 or UM mentor for dailly use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back