Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #2,881 of 3,153
  Hey Joe, ( reminds me of a certain song) I see you have both SW & BW with your Miracle....What do you prefer & what differences are in the 2 with the Miracle?
Im using mine with the Virus.

Depends on the mood for the day my friend.

SW is a brutally revealing cable, with extremely impactful bass.
Not a bright cable, treble is still smooth and very well extended.

BW is a cable focused more on the mids. Beautifully colored and allows me to listen to the lushness of the music.
Despite being a copper cable, treble is surprisingly extended.

Biggest diff between the 2 for me would be bass and mids.
SW has a tighter, yet more impactful bass. BW has a slightly more loose and rounded bass, but never flabby.
SW has very clear mids, while BW has a lush yet beautiful rendition of mids.

I'll be making a trip to Melbourne later this month. If time permits, maybe we can meet up for a coffee?
You can try the 2 cables on your own Miracle then.

Sep 4, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #2,882 of 3,153
Thanks Joe, I totally agree with your description of the SW, as I have tried that also with the Miracle. The BW is very interesting indeed. I find the Virus sits in between both these cables. My only consern was the top end with BW, but seems it comes out well.

Sep 4, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #2,883 of 3,153

BW is a cable focused more on the mids. Beautifully colored and allows me to listen to the lushness of the music.

SW has a tighter, yet more impactful bass. BW has a slightly more loose and rounded bass, but never flabby.

I'll be making a trip to Melbourne later this month. If time permits, maybe we can meet up for a coffee?

Thanks for the description of both cables. Could you let me know where I can find these cables as they are not listed as Black or Silver Widow on the Toxic Cables website (or I missed it...).
Thanks a lot.

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #2,884 of 3,153
Just send Frank a pm on his profile. He is away on holidays I believe, but someone there will be able to help im sure.....
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #2,885 of 3,153

Sure that will be great Joe. Maybe we can meet up. I have the SW & Virus cables also. send me a pm if you have time. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #2,886 of 3,153
Oct 8, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #2,888 of 3,153
Hi guys,

Anyone have a Universal Miracle and would like to share their thoughts on them ?

Been looking around and cannot find any reviews on them.

Cheers,

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #2,889 of 3,153
  Hi guys,

Anyone have a Universal Miracle and would like to share their thoughts on them ?

Been looking around and cannot find any reviews on them.

Cheers,

I think they're great for the price, especially now that most flagships are approaching the $1,500 to $2,000 range. These used to be UM's flagship CIEM, but they've been eclipsed by the Mentor. That being said, they are universally praised for their balanced and smooth presentation with good detail retrieval. Some say the mids are a bit recessed, but ymmv. I love mine, but I've yet to pair them with an equally impressive DAP. Nearly everybody says that the better the DAP or desktop system you hook them up to, the better they sound (people put this as "scaling" as in upscaling). I thought they sounded great out of the Fiio X1, which is a mere $100 (as long as it was a well-mastered recording). I'm very happy with my purchase, but I was lucky enough to get them during a black Friday sale for $750 including impressions and shipping.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #2,890 of 3,153

I think they're great for the price, especially now that most flagships are approaching the $1,500 to $2,000 range. These used to be UM's flagship CIEM, but they've been eclipsed by the Mentor. That being said, they are universally praised for their balanced and smooth presentation with good detail retrieval. Some say the mids are a bit recessed, but ymmv. I love mine, but I've yet to pair them with an equally impressive DAP. Nearly everybody says that the better the DAP or desktop system you hook them up to, the better they sound (people put this as "scaling" as in upscaling). I thought they sounded great out of the Fiio X1, which is a mere $100 (as long as it was a well-mastered recording). I'm very happy with my purchase, but I was lucky enough to get them during a black Friday sale for $750 including impressions and shipping.

Thanks for the reply. 

I managed to get a pair off another Head-fi member for $650 which I am extremely happy with. 

I am using a IBasso DX90, and also coming from using a 1964 Ears V8. I will have to wait and see how they are once I receive them.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:33 AM Post #2,891 of 3,153

Thanks for the reply. 

I managed to get a pair off another Head-fi member for $650 which I am extremely happy with. 

I am using a IBasso DX90, and also coming from using a 1964 Ears V8. I will have to wait and see how they are once I receive them.

Unless they're universals, you'll have to have them re-shelled. Edit: I guess I'm unsure if you've already sent them off for this, so apologies if I sound patronizing or anything like that - totally not my intention!

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #2,893 of 3,153

Unless they're universals, you'll have to have them re-shelled. Edit: I guess I'm unsure if you've already sent them off for this, so apologies if I sound patronizing or anything like that - totally not my intention!

Not at all. 

They're universals. 

Just received them and I think I love them over my 1964 Ears V8.  Oh god what have I done.

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2,894 of 3,153
  Not at all. 

They're universals. 

Just received them and I think I love them over my 1964 Ears V8.  Oh god what have I done.

Why, the sensible thing, of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back