Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #2,868 of 3,153
hi, which dap would be the best match with my Miracles+Toxic scorpion. its very hard to describe the sound i want in words. im after that crisp, clean sound with alot of detail and separation, maybe abit on the bright side but without harsh treble.

can any miracle owners also comment pls? thanks

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #2,869 of 3,153
  hi, which dap would be the best match with my Miracles+Toxic scorpion. its very hard to describe the sound i want in words. im after that crisp, clean sound with alot of detail and separation, maybe abit on the bright side but without harsh treble.

AK240 just spent 5 hours straight with the AK and my Miracles.........fantastic. Bass, mid, treble all there and not fatiguing at all. If you've got the dosh its the best option IMO.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #2,871 of 3,153
i know it's not a mentor thread, but i think mentor and miracle is like brothers, so i guess what works in mentor might work in miracle. DX90 works great with mentor, i was torn between DX90 and X5. i feel X5 is more warm and in your face (more engaging maybe?) with slightly punchier bass. i ended up with DX90 due to the vastness in soundstage, rich treble (can i say crisp?), and the separation feels like i can 'see' the layering between each instruments.

but if i got the money i'd go with Calyx M. because one thing that i miss when using mentor is the excitement when listening to the music. my on-the-go setup is vmoda M100 and iPod nano, i love how it translates the energy of the music and makes me dance/headbang. with mentor+DX90 i get all the details in the music, but sometimes i slightly miss the energy. Calyx M gives that excitement to my mentor. i tried AK240 with mentor the sound is very lush and, how to put it, elegant and luxurious? too luxurious for my taste. i feel like fine dining while my taste is all about spices hahaha. i hope my description doesn't confuse you guys.

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #2,873 of 3,153

+2. Great Customer Service too!

Thanks for the responses.  Which one of the Ted Allen cables works well with the Miracles?

I have the silver cable he had right before he received the litz. If I had the choice I would have gotten the litz for the extra $$. I can afford to buy the litz but I'm really happy with what I have.

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #2,874 of 3,153
thanks for your reply, no its not confusing at all. i dont like "in-your-face" so dx90 seems like the better choice here. ill give dx90 a try and let you know =)

ak240 sounds perfect for me but its really too expensive. and i dont know where i can order calyx m.

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #2,875 of 3,153
ok i listened to requiem mass d minor in flac from fiio x3, i cant believe that i cant even actually hear all details meanwhile even my cheap h&k soundsticks 2 can reveal all details. i will return this player and get dx90.

Aug 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #2,877 of 3,153
Quite different. Mentor has more treble extension and deeper bass, but (as a universal) sounded a little incoherent to me at times - the bass sounded slightly separated from everything else sometimes. Mine was a short audition with the Mentors so perhaps others can provide more detail

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:33 AM Post #2,878 of 3,153

I pair my Miracle with either Silver or Black Widow (depends on the mood of the day) with iBasso DX100.
The slight leanness of Miracle pairs very well with the organicness of DX100.
Pretty beautiful combo.

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #2,880 of 3,153
Hey Joe, ( reminds me of a certain song) I see you have both SW & BW with your Miracle....What do you prefer & what differences are in the 2 with the Miracle?
Im using mine with the Virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back