Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2014 at 7:06 AM Post #2,836 of 3,153
  Can the kind people of head-fi please help me with a one-box solution for a dap for my Miracles? what i'm after is a slighty warmer sound (find the mids a tad recessed sometimes) what do you guys think?
RWAK120? fiio X5? Dx90? AK120II? anything else i should take into consideration?

thnx in advance guys.

(I've been reading through the thread and I just cant make up my mind)

I've owned RWAK100 (ever-so-slightly better than AK100 mk II) and now X5 and would choose the X5 every time. I can't comment on the others, but the X5 is very hard to beat for the price, performance and support / communication from Fiio whereas the iRiver support and communication for the AK100 went from OK to non-existent shortly after the release of the AK120 so not sure what support of the AK120 is like now that the AK240 is out.

In short, the X5 / UM Miracle pairing is excellent - detailed and smooth and with a significantly more accurate soundstage / imaging than the RWAK100.

Jun 6, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #2,837 of 3,153

I've owned RWAK100 (ever-so-slightly better than AK100 mk II) and now X5 and would choose the X5 every time. I can't comment on the others, but the X5 is very hard to beat for the price, performance and support / communication from Fiio whereas the iRiver support and communication for the AK100 went from OK to non-existent shortly after the release of the AK120 so not sure what support of the AK120 is like now that the AK240 is out.

In short, the X5 / UM Miracle pairing is excellent - detailed and smooth and with a significantly more accurate soundstage / imaging than the RWAK100.

I would have to agree. I had an ipod with 2stepdance with the Miracle and I was very happy with this combo. Then I heard the Miracle with the X5 and it revealed many sounds I hadn't noticed before. Without an amp! I haven't tried X5 with the 2stepdance, not necessary yet. It can only get better I guess.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #2,838 of 3,153
Just bought a set of universal merlins. Holy crap these things are awesome. Had the ie80's (way too much midbass), and recently the pfe 232's (almost the perfect iem). These are very similar to them with the exact upgrade i wanted, better sub bass. Not quite as sparkly treble, but the 232's have about the best treble i've ever heard. I'm now a hybrid believer :) 

Jun 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #2,841 of 3,153
  Hey guys, any recommendation of a full-size that sound like the Miracle?

That would be a .. Miracle.... lol 

nah try LCD2 , try to Demo it 1st, GL with that ^^ 

Jun 24, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #2,844 of 3,153
I'm yet to find a direct equivalent of the Miracles, but the LCD 2s (current versions) are a really nice option that's similar, but a tiny bit darker and with less stage size.

I've also got HE500s and don't find them as similar to the Miracles, but reports on the new HE400i are encouraging so it might be a good (and really well priced) option as a similar-to-Miracle headphone.

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #2,845 of 3,153
Hi Miracle friends,

I'm still loving my Miracles, but recently heard and LOVED the FitEar TG334s. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with impressions of the Miracles versus a few complimentary options (i.e. I'm looking for a different sounding IEM, not a replacement for the Miracles). The options I'm considering are the TG334, the FitEar Parterre, the Tralucent 1plus2 and the new Tralucent IEM that I can't recall the name for.

Any thoughts on which of these would make good or bad alternative options for the Miracle?

Jun 30, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #2,846 of 3,153
Hi Miracle friends,

I'm still loving my Miracles, but recently heard and LOVED the FitEar TG334s. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with impressions of the Miracles versus a few complimentary options (i.e. I'm looking for a different sounding IEM, not a replacement for the Miracles). The options I'm considering are the TG334, the FitEar Parterre, the Tralucent 1plus2 and the new Tralucent IEM that I can't recall the name for.

Any thoughts on which of these would make good or bad alternative options for the Miracle?

I have to keep both. Thru the se of the AK240 using the 334 and balanced end for the Miracle, there is a huge difference.
So different. I'm in a car so can't elaborate right now.

Jun 30, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #2,847 of 3,153
I have to keep both. Thru the se of the AK240 using the 334 and balanced end for the Miracle, there is a huge difference.
So different. I'm in a car so can't elaborate right now.

Thanks Saraguie. If you could elaborate a little more whenever it's convenient I'd be super grateful!!

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #2,848 of 3,153
from the Miracle to the Mentor, again huge difference, specially in the bass and the mid, way better, somes says the Treble is more extended and some think its the same, for me it was more extended, the Mentor wins hands down.

Jul 5, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #2,850 of 3,153
Hi there, so I had a few questions about the Miracles and I would appreciate any comments or thoughts. I did try doing a search in this thread and read the various reviews.

1) Are the Miracles very hard to drive? Would they sound terrible out of an unamped mobile phone such as the Xperia Z1 Compact?

2) Any recommendations for a portable DAP to use with the Miracles? I'm not a fan of a dark veiled sound and so I guess that something which brought out the mids and sub bass more would be good. Also, the more portable the better.

3) I know some people aren't a fan of the Miracles' bass. I'm not a basshead but is there a universal IEM that the Miracles have comparable bass to? I assume the quantity is more than the Etymotic range for example.

Thank you in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back