Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #2,821 of 3,153
how is the Treble on X5? Neutral?

I would say it's neutral in terse of treble, but slightly warm overall. Coming from the RWAK100 the X5 has more treble energy, but the AK is a warm player so I think that makes the X5 neutral rather than enhanced in the treble region.

May 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #2,822 of 3,153
Any dap recommendations for the Miracle? I'm thinking about the Sony ZX-1, but I hear it's bright - I don't think that would be optimal. Any suggestions? Has anything really impressed anybody?

May 7, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #2,823 of 3,153
  Any dap recommendations for the Miracle? I'm thinking about the Sony ZX-1, but I hear it's bright - I don't think that would be optimal. Any suggestions? Has anything really impressed anybody?

RWAK100 or AK100 mk2 is great if you don't want a separate amp. Fiio X5 is also really good, but definitely benefits from an amp due to an amazing line-out, but only slightly-above-average HPO. DX90 might also be an option from what I've read, but haven't heard so can't really comment.

Oh, X3 is apparently much improved with recent firmware changes too. I wasn't impressed when I first tried it, but that was a long time ago and it was just a bit too dark for my tastes, but that may have changed.

May 7, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #2,824 of 3,153

RWAK100 or AK100 mk2 is great if you don't want a separate amp. Fiio X5 is also really good, but definitely benefits from an amp due to an amazing line-out, but only slightly-above-average HPO. DX90 might also be an option from what I've read, but haven't heard so can't really comment.

Oh, X3 is apparently much improved with recent firmware changes too. I wasn't impressed when I first tried it, but that was a long time ago and it was just a bit too dark for my tastes, but that may have changed.

Thanks - I heard the X5 and didn't love it. I thought it was too detailed, even a bit fatiguing - I think I'm after a warmer-sounding player, so maybe the X3 would work. The ZX-1 appeals to me largely because of the battery life, but that one seems anything but warm.

May 14, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #2,826 of 3,153
im still thinking which aftermarket cable to go for, the options are quite a lot to go with

May 14, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #2,828 of 3,153
  Ted's Headfood Lounge is the way to go. My Miracles sound so good with them into the AK240 balanced.

the site's purchase system is a bit confusing

May 27, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #2,831 of 3,153
Does Miracle sounds great with modern fast rock/metal?

etysmile.gif
  absolutely

May 29, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #2,833 of 3,153
They can handle everything you throw at it pretty well imo, but obviously the better your source, the better they perform - lots say they scale up very well and sound fantastic with the DX100 (but it's a brick). I'm enjoying mine right now with some Ike Quebec via Foobar2K and an E17...

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #2,834 of 3,153
Can the kind people of head-fi please help me with a one-box solution for a dap for my Miracles? what i'm after is a slighty warmer sound (find the mids a tad recessed sometimes) what do you guys think?
RWAK120? fiio X5? Dx90? AK120II? anything else i should take into consideration?

thnx in advance guys.

(I've been reading through the thread and I just cant make up my mind)

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #2,835 of 3,153
  Can the kind people of head-fi please help me with a one-box solution for a dap for my Miracles? what i'm after is a slighty warmer sound (find the mids a tad recessed sometimes) what do you guys think?
RWAK120? fiio X5? Dx90? AK120II? anything else i should take into consideration?

thnx in advance guys.

(I've been reading through the thread and I just cant make up my mind)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back