Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #2,731 of 3,153
I've had my Miracles for two days now and I'm sad to admit that I don't like it. I was hoping it was going to be a neutral IEM like many people claim.

Here are my observations:
  1. Extremely emphasized 6.5KHz region which causes unbearably harsh treble.
  2. Lacking in upper treble (>8KHz)
  3. Everything under 1KHz is boosted by 5dB resulting in overemphasized bass and lower mids
  4. Recessed 2KHz to 4KHz region resulting in under-emphasized female vocals. Female vocals sound distant and recessed.

I can mostly fix these issues with EQ but I feel that the bass and lower mid decay is still too long (which can't be fixed with EQ).

Screenshot of my UM Miracle EQ setting:

This information should be helpful for people like me who strive for neutrality. Guess I'll have to keep looking for a more neutral IEM.

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #2,732 of 3,153
Would the fact that you have universals have anything to do with this, or do they measure the same as customs? Sorry to hear that you don't like them - at least they have some resell value. Maybe give them another week and see if they don't grow on you...

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #2,733 of 3,153
  Would the fact that you have universals have anything to do with this, or do they measure the same as customs? Sorry to hear that you don't like them - at least they have some resell value. Maybe give them another week and see if they don't grow on you...

The universals should have the same sound as the customs.

I know the exact sound I'm looking for, perfectly flat neutral sound. The Miracles don't give me that and it is very apparent after listening to just a few songs I'm familiar with.

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #2,735 of 3,153
  The universals should have the same sound as the customs.

I know the exact sound I'm looking for, perfectly flat neutral sound. The Miracles don't give me that and it is very apparent after listening to just a few songs I'm familiar with.

hmm now thats hard to find on a CIEM :p in fact jazzfi sent his Miracle to Peter from the custom art to make it sound the way you like, he did retune the drivers for him and the shell was Silicon too!! he is super happy with it,  maybe you should buy the Pro330v2 or reshell you miracle over there, contact jazzfi for more info, i am sure you will be happy. 

oh and NT6 isn't bad too.

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #2,736 of 3,153
Ruler-flat will be hard to find, but there seems to be some good suggestions rolling in. I was always under the impression that the Miracle was more of a neutral-ish earphone. What tips were you using and are you sure you got a good seal? Did UM send a FR graph with them even though they are unis?

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2,737 of 3,153
  Ruler-flat will be hard to find, but there seems to be some good suggestions rolling in. I was always under the impression that the Miracle was more of a neutral-ish earphone. What tips were you using and are you sure you got a good seal? Did UM send a FR graph with them even though they are unis?

I use Meelectronic single flange small tips. I tried a few other Meelectronic tips and those fit me the best. I get reasonably good isolation too. I didn't get a FR graph. However, it sounds exactly like how I see other Miracle FR graphs. My EQ is almost an inversion of the frequency graph apart from the upper midrange (due to HRTF).

Jan 26, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #2,738 of 3,153
Hmm maybe UERM? Or possibly NT6 or JH13?

I'd say he might be better off with the ER-4.

The UERM and JH13FP aren't as neutral as people say. Neutral-ish to borrow a word seems to be more accurate. And they aren't universals yet. The UERM a bit more neutral than the JH13, but neither as much as the ER-4, at least below 1k. There's that diffuse field bump in the upper mids/lower treble to deal with, but really I haven't heard more neutral in the lower half than the ER-4S.

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #2,740 of 3,153
  I think Zowki may already have an ER4? Of course only he can confirm this.

Yes, I have the ER4S. I wrote a comparison between the ER4S and Miracle in another thread:

Quote:
  Hey guys, just thought I'd share my impression of my Unique Melody Miracle (universal fit) compared to the Etymotic ER4S. I get a fairly good seal on the Miracle universal fit with Meelectronic single flange small tips. I use Etymotic foam tips with my ER4S which work wonders for isolation and sound quality.

Even though the Etymotic ER4S is 4 times cheaper, I still prefer it over the Miracle. The ER4S is more neutral and accurate. The Miracle has slow bloated bass, a harsh 6KHz peak, recessed upper treble and mids. The ER4S is pretty much the same in many technicalities such as soundstage, details, and frequency extension. Technically the ER4S has better bass. It is more tight, controlled, and detailed. The Miracle's vocals lack intimacy due to recessed upper treble and mids.

The Miracle has a warm and relaxed sound (as long as the recording isn't active in the 6KHz region) that was fun to listen for the first few hours but then I wanted to go back to my ER4S for more serious listening.

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #2,741 of 3,153
Hum....I agree that the Miracles are not neutral, but slow bloated bass really ? If you listen to the TG334 you will the bass sounds like anemic farts. Anyhow, I am thinking the NT6 might suit you somehow. I find they neutralish but a bit on the bright side. If you do not mind this, you will love them. The bass is not emphasized and very tight. There might be some peaks in the trebble, but not so significant from what I hear.

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #2,742 of 3,153
I also never experienced bloated bass from my Miracles either, but not saying Zowki has it wrong. I also have the ER4S, & like Zowki also enjoy them.
I cant do any tests for time being as I have been out of action for 2 weeks with very bad inner ear infections to both my ears, boy I sure miss music.
All I hear is muted sounds & incredibly painful ears....Hopefully soon enough I can re evaluate things.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #2,744 of 3,153
Anyone tried the comply tips with the universal miracle?
tx-500 might fit but I'm not sure

I tried with the new UM Mentor and 500 is too big. Every time I pulled the iem out, the tip would be left behind in my ear.

Why don't you write stephenguo@live.com Stephen Guo who is the US dealer for UM and ask?  Please post the answer.  Thanks hope this helps.

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #2,745 of 3,153
  I also never experienced bloated bass from my Miracles either, but not saying Zowki has it wrong. I also have the ER4S, & like Zowki also enjoy them.
I cant do any tests for time being as I have been out of action for 2 weeks with very bad inner ear infections to both my ears, boy I sure miss music.
All I hear is muted sounds & incredibly painful ears....Hopefully soon enough I can re evaluate things.

I think anyting compared to the ER4s can sound like bloated bass lol :wink:...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back