Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #2,705 of 3,153
Well after looking them up
Here's the score by MaoDi but I found one part inconsistent which is the high frequency score that MaoDi gave.
MAGE:
High:9
Mid:9
Low:7.5
MIRACLE:
High:9
Mid:9.5
Low:9

Despite MaoDi saying that the treble was more well controlled and refined when compared to the mage. The miracle still received a rating of 9 which was received by the mage.

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #2,706 of 3,153
I actually want to upgrade my miracle since the socket is not tight anymore and I do not want to pay another 150 for re-shell it.
Since both JH audio and UM are offering 10+ driver solutions, I was wondering which one should I go?

The Carbon fiber Roxanne, or the new Mentor?

I normally use it to listen to less serious music like pop, hip-hop, rock and some vocals. It is my portable gear so I do not demand crazy high resolution, but do need good dynamics and tight bass controls. The efficiency and sensitivity will not be a issue since I have a DX100 which I hope can power up any IEM fine.

Any suggestions?

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #2,707 of 3,153
The Roxanne has a pretty long wait because of build time and quality control of the carbon fiber hasn't been up to snuff - take a peek over on the JH Roxanne thread. I think the Mentor is a safer bet. Consider the Noble Audio 10-driver CIEM, too.

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2,708 of 3,153
  The Roxanne has a pretty long wait because of build time and quality control of the carbon fiber hasn't been up to snuff - take a peek over on the JH Roxanne thread. I think the Mentor is a safer bet. Consider the Noble Audio 10-driver CIEM, too.

I actually want to upgrade my miracle since the socket is not tight anymore and I do not want to pay another 150 for re-shell it.
Since both JH audio and UM are offering 10+ driver solutions, I was wondering which one should I go?

The Carbon fiber Roxanne, or the new Mentor?

I normally use it to listen to less serious music like pop, hip-hop, rock and some vocals. It is my portable gear so I do not demand crazy high resolution, but do need good dynamics and tight bass controls. The efficiency and sensitivity will not be a issue since I have a DX100 which I hope can power up any IEM fine.

Any suggestions?

will the Mentor is good, i went Custom so will give you some feedback next week :3 also there is some Universal feed back so feel free to check the Mentor's tread :p 

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #2,709 of 3,153

The Noble Audio only have 5 Drive each, hence 10 driver total. But the Roxanne has 12 each total of 24 driver and Mentor has 10 each and total of 20 drivers (which 2 of them are the very expensive one for mid high).

I know more driver does not mean better sound, but based on the cost of the Noble Audio is almost the same as the other two, I think UM and JH are better valued. (The development will also be more for more drivers since the crossover and internal layout of the drivers are much much harder to design).

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #2,710 of 3,153

The Noble Audio only have 5 Drive each, hence 10 driver total. But the Roxanne has 12 each total of 24 driver and Mentor has 10 each and total of 20 drivers (which 2 of them are the very expensive one for mid high).

I know more driver does not mean better sound, but based on the cost of the Noble Audio is almost the same as the other two, I think UM and JH are better valued. (The development will also be more for more drivers since the crossover and internal layout of the drivers are much much harder to design).

Noble K10 have 10 drivers per side, hence 20

p.s. there should also be another universal 12BA iem launched soon

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #2,712 of 3,153

Look at the size of the bass drivers of the k10 and you'll understand that they are more or less equivalent to several tinier drivers... So the number of drivers is not that relevant here

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #2,713 of 3,153
True, but it is custom, there is no way for you to find out the sound before you buy.
I will just have some leap of faith in some big brand like Weston, UE, JH or UM...

I do not believe the universal equivalent will sound the same because seal is everything for CIEMs. The bass and sound stage will be completely different between the universal and custom fit because the custom fit will have deeper insertion and better seal. So even I can find a demo, it is not going to be very determined anyway. (I hate the Miracle universal when I hear it, I found it has no mid and very little bass. But I order it anyway because it is cheap.... Now I loved it! The custom shell made it another IEM completely )

So, I guess I just roll a die here...

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #2,714 of 3,153
Trying to decide on a colour scheme is going to be the death of me.
I cant choose.
I have thought solid black face with red wine shells, Solid white with Purple shells and the below two... (would be going both same colour, just put 2 different ones to save time.

Just the pictures on the designer dont seem realistic, the colours seem over exposed.

Thoughts?

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #2,715 of 3,153
  Trying to decide on a colour scheme is going to be the death of me.
I cant choose.
I have thought solid black face with red wine shells, Solid white with Purple shells and the below two... (would be going both same colour, just put 2 different ones to save time.

Just the pictures on the designer dont seem realistic, the colours seem over exposed.

Thoughts?

If you go back a few weeks, you'll see how horrid the orange is. It is not translucent at all - it looks like the orange from a piece of candy corn. Absolutely horrific. Play it safe with the colors and only choose colors that you have seen in photographs of actual products from other users. I had to send mine back because of this. I changed to black face plates with clear blue shells and tips. I should get them after Tet holiday here in Vietnam. I will say that the fit was spot on - I didn't notice them much after about 5 minutes and the seal was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back