Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #2,746 of 3,153
I finally got mine back and they look a lot better, but the holes in the earpieces look a bit odd. I'll post pics in a day or two...they sound fine to me, so I don't think it's a big deal (at this point). They fit nicely with a good seal and don't give me the congested feeling that I had on my first customs, so I'm pleased.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #2,747 of 3,153
One thing I'm a bit annoyed by is the fact that the ear pieces are exactly the same, but I remember specifically that my left ear canal has a pronounced bend that the right does not. I think they may have lost one of the ear pieces and used the left impression to make the right ear piece. They really are mirror images of each other, and this should not be. After using them for an hour, it is clear to me that the fit in the right ear is not quite right - it does feel rather congested after awhile, so my previous post was made in haste. I've already sent them back once because the colors were way off, so I don't know if I ought to send them back yet again...I guess I'll use them for a couple of weeks and see how they feel. As of now, I do feel like something has been in my right ear, just a tinge of an aching feeling while the left feels normal.

Feb 8, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #2,748 of 3,153
  One thing I'm a bit annoyed by is the fact that the ear pieces are exactly the same, but I remember specifically that my left ear canal has a pronounced bend that the right does not. I think they may have lost one of the ear pieces and used the left impression to make the right ear piece. They really are mirror images of each other, and this should not be. After using them for an hour, it is clear to me that the fit in the right ear is not quite right - it does feel rather congested after awhile, so my previous post was made in haste. I've already sent them back once because the colors were way off, so I don't know if I ought to send them back yet again...I guess I'll use them for a couple of weeks and see how they feel. As of now, I do feel like something has been in my right ear, just a tinge of an aching feeling while the left feels normal.

I am similar to you in that there is a significant bend in one ear canal that's not in the other. On first look, my shells look the same too, but on close inspection there IS a difference so give them a little time for your ears to get used to them before enduring another wait. I hope they're ok!

Feb 9, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #2,749 of 3,153
I don't think I captured the symmetrical nature of these, but here are a few pics:

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #2,750 of 3,153
give them some time before you get used to the fit ^^, so how do you like the sound? :D

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #2,751 of 3,153
still figuring which cable to get for my miracle. still using stock cable, a westone epic cable and btg sunrise (which has problem of pin not fitting well)

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #2,752 of 3,153
  give them some time before you get used to the fit ^^, so how do you like the sound? :D

They fit pretty well, but the right tip is a bit too big (the part that goes deepest into the ear canal). My local dealer can sand and buff it down for me since he does re-shells. I think that'd be enough to make them perfect. They sound great - very smooth and balanced, and with good detail. They actually remind me a lot of my GR07s, which are also fairly neutral.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #2,753 of 3,153
I won't need to send them back, but I may have the tip of the right ear piece sanded down just a tad. I'm really enjoying them - they sound so smooth yet detailed. I can't wait to hear them with a better player than the J3. The fact that they scale up so well may be one of its best characteristics.

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #2,754 of 3,153
i heard that the J3 is a bad player for the UM Miracle, if you did search the "j3" in this article you will find either mou or Lee730 warning me about it

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #2,755 of 3,153
  i heard that the J3 is a bad player for the UM Miracle, if you did search the "j3" in this article you will find either mou or Lee730 warning me about it

That's good news - once I get the X5, I should be quite happy.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:59 AM Post #2,756 of 3,153

That's good news - once I get the X5, I should be quite happy.

don't forget to update us, and the X5 does well without an amp!! which is a very very nice factor on it, its a DAP that worth each penny. 

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #2,757 of 3,153
  don't forget to update us, and the X5 does well without an amp!! which is a very very nice factor on it, its a DAP that worth each penny. 

It's a tour unit, but the guy who sent it used what I think is a cheaper mail service (Hong Kong Post), so that combined with the lunar new year holiday means it could take up to or over a month to get here. I will definitely let you know how it sounds with the Miracles, though. I did listen to my ipod 5.5 + E17 last night with them and I wasn't impressed at all. I didn't feel that it was any better than the J3, just different. It actually sounded rather congested...

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #2,758 of 3,153

after doublea tested, it will be my turn with trying it with UM miracle, haha, cause i have one too, and am in list for the x5

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #2,759 of 3,153
seems like i will get me one too :p 

Feb 15, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #2,760 of 3,153
bass is punching my ears on this 2 tracks, never expected such bass

1. talk dirty - jason derulo
2. fire (feat pitbull - jason derulo too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back