Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #1,846 of 3,153
The bass was a bit bloated yesterday, but now it has settled down. I know that BA drivers don't burn in, but I swear that the bass has become tighter. Maybe it's my mind burning in...
Also, today at school I was using it with my Sansa Clip+ and it sounded horrible! The bass was gone and the treble was shrill. Switching back to my HDP-R10, it's much better so the low end Clip+ is definitely not a good match. Even my phone sounded better. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #1,847 of 3,153
Quote:
The bass was a bit bloated yesterday, but now it has settled down. I know that BA drivers don't burn in, but I swear that the bass has become tighter. Maybe it's my mind burning in...
Also, today at school I was using it with my Sansa Clip+ and it sounded horrible! The bass was gone and the treble was shrill. Switching back to my HDP-R10, it's much better so the low end Clip+ is definitely not a good match. Even my phone sounded better. 

That's really interesting. I would have thought the Clip would have paired OK with the Miracles. Maybe output quality is just too poor even though output impedance etc. should be OK.

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #1,848 of 3,153
Quote:

I believe they do. I experienced this on the 8A, old 1Plus2 and new 1Plus2. The 8As out of the box sounded a bit hollow and compressed. Screechy even. Treble was on the harsh side. But within 50+ hours it changed quite a lot surprisingly. Treble is as smooth as I've heard in an IEM yet. Bass quantity also increased. The overall signature smoothed out with usage.

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #1,849 of 3,153
Quote:

I believe they do. I experienced this on the 8A, old 1Plus2 and new 1Plus2. The 8As out of the box sounded a bit hollow and compressed. Screechy even. Treble was on the harsh side. But within 50+ hours it changed quite a lot surprisingly. Treble is as smooth as I've heard in an IEM yet. Bass quantity also increased. The overall signature smoothed out with usage.

1plus2 has a dynamic driver as well doesn't it? 

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #1,853 of 3,153
Quote:

Is your Clip+ rockboxed? I'm using miracles with rockboxed clip+ and they sound fantastic, ample bass and nice smooth treble. I noticed before it was rockboxed they sounded awful.

Jun 7, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #1,855 of 3,153
Was just listening to the Miracles and it is just amazing really. They have grow on me sooo much for the last 2 days. Everything just flows so well. The B2s sound dry and plain boring compared to the euphonic Miracles. These are keepers for sure. 
So, if you just get the Miracles and are not immediately impressed, don't worry. Give them some time and after you get used to them, you won't be able to live without them. I do however, wish that there was a tad bit more sparkle though. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #1,856 of 3,153
Quote:
Was just listening to the Miracles and it is just amazing really. They have grow on me sooo much for the last 2 days. Everything just flows so well. The B2s sound dry and plain boring compared to the euphonic Miracles. These are keepers for sure. 
So, if you just get the Miracles and are not immediately impressed, don't worry. Give them some time and after you get used to them, you won't be able to live without them. I do however, wish that there was a tad bit more sparkle though. 

Glad to hear you've discovered their magic, lin!!

You might want to try a silver cable to get some extra sparkle. I briefly tried a Chris_Himself silver cable and it definitely opened up the top-end.

Jun 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #1,857 of 3,153
Quote:

Glad to hear you've discovered their magic, lin!!

You might want to try a silver cable to get some extra sparkle. I briefly tried a Chris_Himself silver cable and it definitely opened up the top-end.

I already have a toxic cables 8- wire hybrid. 

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #1,860 of 3,153
I've only got about 10 hours on them so far. You will get to appreciate them more after some time. 

Thanks. I hope so. I have 40 hrs on these already. The silver/gold cables of 1plus2 makes the low end of the Miracles more solid, a little more bass and full bodied. Giving them a little warmth and highs are smoother and more sweet.

Though I find my 334 w/ 000 cables (burned in) and 1plus2 sound more out of the head than Miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back