Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #1,831 of 3,153
Got my Miracles today! It sounds great, but not such a big upgrade to the B2s than I thought that they would be. I will hopefully compare them to other high end IEMs soon. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #1,833 of 3,153
Quote:
I'm going to send mine for refit ..

Should I get impressions for both ears again, or just the right one?

You should try both. Personally, I think that people overrate custom IEMs' comfort levels. I actually feel like they hurt quite a bit when inserting and taking out. Sound is detailed and with an aftermarket cable the sound really does get better. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #1,834 of 3,153
You should try both. Personally, I think that people overrate custom IEMs' comfort levels. I actually feel like they hurt quite a bit when inserting and taking out. Sound is detailed and with an aftermarket cable the sound really does get better. 

This one happens on my right ear. The cable is very tight, I could not unplug it. I have the 1plus2's silver/gold cable

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #1,835 of 3,153
Quote:
This one happens on my right ear. The cable is very tight, I could not unplug it. I have the 1plus2's silver/gold cable

It happens to me on both ears... How is it with the silver/gold cable? I'm not sure if I should send it back or not because I don't want to wait so long again. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #1,836 of 3,153
Quote:

I completely agree with the above. While my IEMs are comfortable I don't find them to be as comfortable to a good fitting universal IEM. My ears with a custom always feel filled.... Just feels weird to be honest. Although I've heard some really good things about the Spiral Ear SE5 and the Fit Ear 335. So I'll reserve total judgement until I try those :p. But across the board I think the comfort is way overrated...

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #1,837 of 3,153
For me, who have Unique Melody Merlin and Hidition NT6, Merlin is really comfortable. Almost more comfortable than Phonak PFE series. However with NT6, due to Hidition's tight fit, is somewhat tiring to my ears. So I'd say it really depends on the ear impressions that the CIEMs are based on and the manufacturers' work.

I actually am considering Miracle for that very reason, as they once got the fit right and the sound for me. Still I guess I'll go for full sized can this time. Miracle can wait.

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #1,838 of 3,153
It happens to me on both ears... How is it with the silver/gold cable? I'm not sure if I should send it back or not because I don't want to wait so long again. 

I can't put the silver/gold because the cable on the Miracle is very very tight

I completely agree with the above. While my IEMs are comfortable I don't find them to be as comfortable to a good fitting universal IEM. My ears with a custom always feel filled.... Just feels weird to be honest. Although I've heard some really good things about the Spiral Ear SE5 and the Fit Ear 335. So I'll reserve total judgement until I try those :p. But across the board I think the comfort is way overrated...

On my right, I feel the stem short, the shell is not as tight like on the left.
On my left, it just disappears ...

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #1,839 of 3,153
Quote:
I can't put the silver/gold because the cable on the Miracle is very very tight
On my right, I feel the stem short, the shell is not as tight like on the left.
On my left, it just disappears ...

I sort of have the same problem as you do. My left ear is great, but my right ear feels a bit weird and breaks seal more easily than the left. And for the cable, i found it hard to remove as well by just pulling it, but if you slowly and carefully (you wouldn't want the pins breaking and getting stuck) wriggle the connector while pulling it outward, it should come out after about 20 seconds. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #1,840 of 3,153
I can't really say mine disappear. I pretty much know they are always in my ears if that is what you mean. They are comfortable though where I can wear them for hours without issues. But not so comfortable that I forget they are in my ears.

But on the plus side the fit is generally quite good on mine. On both sides. I don't have issues with losing seal. I can eat and not lose seal. The seal is so good when I lye down I hear my own heartbeat.... That part is annoying if I want to listen to music at a very low volume lol... On initially incerting them the isolation is so good I hear the silence noise.
evil_smiley.gif
Very handy for ignoring people :).

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,841 of 3,153
I sort of have the same problem as you do. My left ear is great, but my right ear feels a bit weird and breaks seal more easily than the left. And for the cable, i found it hard to remove as well by just pulling it, but if you slowly and carefully (you wouldn't want the pins breaking and getting stuck) wriggle the connector while pulling it outward, it should come out after about 20 seconds. 

Is that the reason why you sent them back again before?

I can't really say mine disappear. I pretty much know they are always in my ears if that is what you mean. They are comfortable though where I can wear them for hours without issues. But not so comfortable that I forget they are in my ears.

But on the plus side the fit is generally quite good on mine. On both sides. I don't have issues with losing seal. I can eat and not lose seal. The seal is so good when I lye down I hear my own heartbeat.... That part is annoying if I want to listen to music at a very low volume lol... On initially incerting them the isolation is so good I hear the silence noise. :evil: Very handy for ignoring people :).

That's how they isolate for me too.. It's really hard to explain what I am feeling on the right side.. Even when I move side to side, move my mouth or open them widely, i don't lose the seal.. I can't understand what's wrong with my right..

Jun 6, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #1,842 of 3,153
Quote:
That's how they isolate for me too.. It's really hard to explain what I am feeling on the right side.. Even when I move side to side, move my mouth or open them widely, i don't lose the seal.. I can't understand what's wrong with my right..

funny to read this. 

I don't have the miracles, but have a shure 530x8 reshelled by UM, and i have the exact same thing going on. I was afraid my right ear was weaker then the left, but no. 
My only explanation is that we had no luck, and the density of the pieces varies form one side to another. Because, when i thought about it, with the music on, the fit was/is perfect, but i can hear more of the outside world on the right side then on the left. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #1,843 of 3,153
Quote:

The first time my impressions were bad and I just sent another one. 

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,844 of 3,153
funny to read this. 

I don't have the miracles, but have a shure 530x8 reshelled by UM, and i have the exact same thing going on. I was afraid my right ear was weaker then the left, but no. 
My only explanation is that we had no luck, and the density of the pieces varies form one side to another. Because, when i thought about it, with the music on, the fit was/is perfect, but i can hear more of the outside world on the right side then on the left. 

Thanks for the explanation. This only confirms that I'm not the only one. Maybe I don't need to ask for a refit.

This is also exactly what I hear. My left one is 100% sealed and right one is like 90-95% compared to the left but they fit and not lose seal at the same time..

Jun 7, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #1,845 of 3,153
Quote:
Thanks for the explanation. This only confirms that I'm not the only one. Maybe I don't need to ask for a refit.

This is also exactly what I hear. My left one is 100% sealed and right one is like 90-95% compared to the left but they fit and not lose seal at the same time..

well, i'm not sure if it is an accurate explanation, but this seemed the only one to me 

bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back