Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
post-14009763
Post #46 of 436

Cotnijoe

Sponsor: iFi Audio
Formerly with Unique Melody
Reaction score
With the Mason V3 having a dual tone cable, how do you plan to tackle consumers that have their own cables and wanted to use it on the Mason V3?
The whole concept of the Dual-Tone cable is to provide a high quality cable that covers the needs of those that prefer the 2 more common cable materials. The ideal situation is that the user will be satisfied with the sound as well as the comfort of the cable (we spent a lot of time making a cable with almost zero memory and is comfortable). Of course, that's the ideal situation and we recognize that there will be those out there that prefer a different material or maker of choice.

Hopefully, there will be cable makers that will be able to provide cabling services for our connector and pin configuration in the future. We were also given a few suggestions that we're still looking at the possibility of exploring - nothing's set in stone at this time though. There have been suggestions of perhaps creating an adaptor, or to further develop our idea of the Dual-Tone cable and create cables with more materials in mind. For the adaptor, the question of bulk and comfort would be a big issue to overcome. Both ideas, especially the latter, would also take a good bit of investment and time to accomplish.

Last edited:
post-14009905
Post #47 of 436

ebjarrell

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your products.

post-14010049
Post #49 of 436

SeeSax

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Thanks for reaching out to us and for your interest in the Mason V2 Collin!

Depending on when it was you emailed our rep, there's a chance that the Mason V2 10 Year Edition promotion has already ended - either that or the number or limited run units have already been taken. Last time I checked (and this could very much have changed), we still had some drivers left for Mason V2, but yes we are phasing out the V2 units for the V3 units.

The only reason I could think of for not snatching a V2 would be to go for the newer V3 units - Which, of course, I would tell you with some degree of bias that it's a good step up from V2 (as it should be). I am a Mason V3 user myself, afterall. Besides that, you still get our 2 year warranty and services so you're not really missing out on anything else. Just FOMO haha.

The Anniversary Edition of the Mason V2 would use a slightly smaller shell design, but the original Mason V2 shell is still designed with the contours of the ear in mind. The V2 was actually tweaked (compared to V1 shells) to improve the fit and comfort for our western base, as we previously focused significantly more on the eastern market, and thus our IEMs tend to fit that base a bit better.

The transition period can definitely get a bit confusing, with all the changes coming in. Hopefully this clears some things up for you!
Extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate your response.

FOMO is strong these days. Time to save a few more bucks. Argh, this reminds me of standing in line for an iPhone 8 on launch day, only to realize in the back of my mind that I'll want the X in two months :)

-Collin-

post-14010114
Post #50 of 436

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
Reaction score
Website
audiophile-heaven.com
The whole concept of the Dual-Tone cable is to provide a high quality cable that covers the needs of those that prefer the 2 more common cable materials. The ideal situation is that the user will be satisfied with the sound as well as the comfort of the cable (we spent a lot of time making a cable with almost zero memory and is comfortable). Of course, that's the ideal situation and we recognize that there will be those out there that prefer a different material or maker of choice.

Hopefully, there will be cable makers that will be able to provide cabling services for our connector and pin configuration in the future. We were also given a few suggestions that we're still looking at the possibility of exploring - nothing's set in stone at this time though. There have been suggestions of perhaps creating an adaptor, or to further develop our idea of the Dual-Tone cable and create cables with more materials in mind. For the adaptor, the question of bulk and comfort would be a big issue to overcome. Both ideas, especially the latter, would also take a good bit of investment and time to accomplish.
This seems quite lovely actually :darthsmile:

I mean, I tend to prefer silver cables when I test them, but I think that having the option can be really nice, especially if it is included in the package.

That construction will also mean that the whole cable is more robus and less prone to issues, so I'm happy that Unique Melody thought this through :smile_phones:

post-14010117
Post #51 of 436

Cotnijoe

Sponsor: iFi Audio
Formerly with Unique Melody
Reaction score
Extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate your response.

FOMO is strong these days. Time to save a few more bucks. Argh, this reminds me of standing in line for an iPhone 8 on launch day, only to realize in the back of my mind that I'll want the X in two months :)

-Collin-
Haha well I'm certainly not here to encourage any ... ... ... irresponsible activities... :thinking:

post-14010137
Post #52 of 436

jinxy245

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
post-14010957
Post #53 of 436

Sound Eq

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
This is such great news, I was always curious about UM iems, but never had a chance to try them.
I am really hoping that I can get my hands on any of their products, to know about the house sound signature of UM

post-14011149
Post #54 of 436

BrianLHR

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I dont think UM has a house sound though, they offer a variety of them! if anything they seem to focus more on a natural/neutral sound for their higher end ones

Reactions: Dobrescu George
post-14011283
Post #55 of 436

Dobrescu George

Reviewer: AudiophileHeaven
Reaction score
Website
audiophile-heaven.com
I dont think UM has a house sound though, they offer a variety of them! if anything they seem to focus more on a natural/neutral sound for their higher end ones
Going with other reviews and my personal experience with UM Martians, where they are tight and detailed, with a nice treble extension and an enhanced treble, I tend to agree with you, UM seems to make a IEM for everybody, covering a wide range of tastes.

post-14011385
Post #56 of 436

CoiL

Member of the Trade: Wood Audio Accessories & Modifications
Reaction score
Wanted to take part in survey... but... I have no facebook (and I will NOT)... how can I take part of this? Alternatives? I really don`t like when everything is done only one way.

post-14013485
Post #58 of 436

soundblast75

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
The big question for me is if the DualTone cable is balanced as well and when is an adaptor gonna be available for 2.5..

post-14013518
Post #59 of 436

Mimouille

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
The big question for me is if the DualTone cable is balanced as well and when is an adaptor gonna be available for 2.5..
Review coming soon
IMG_20180125_140007.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)