Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Jan 30, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #46 of 553
With the Mason V3 having a dual tone cable, how do you plan to tackle consumers that have their own cables and wanted to use it on the Mason V3?

The whole concept of the Dual-Tone cable is to provide a high quality cable that covers the needs of those that prefer the 2 more common cable materials. The ideal situation is that the user will be satisfied with the sound as well as the comfort of the cable (we spent a lot of time making a cable with almost zero memory and is comfortable). Of course, that's the ideal situation and we recognize that there will be those out there that prefer a different material or maker of choice.

Hopefully, there will be cable makers that will be able to provide cabling services for our connector and pin configuration in the future. We were also given a few suggestions that we're still looking at the possibility of exploring - nothing's set in stone at this time though. There have been suggestions of perhaps creating an adaptor, or to further develop our idea of the Dual-Tone cable and create cables with more materials in mind. For the adaptor, the question of bulk and comfort would be a big issue to overcome. Both ideas, especially the latter, would also take a good bit of investment and time to accomplish.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #49 of 553
Thanks for reaching out to us and for your interest in the Mason V2 Collin!

Depending on when it was you emailed our rep, there's a chance that the Mason V2 10 Year Edition promotion has already ended - either that or the number or limited run units have already been taken. Last time I checked (and this could very much have changed), we still had some drivers left for Mason V2, but yes we are phasing out the V2 units for the V3 units.

The only reason I could think of for not snatching a V2 would be to go for the newer V3 units - Which, of course, I would tell you with some degree of bias that it's a good step up from V2 (as it should be). I am a Mason V3 user myself, afterall. Besides that, you still get our 2 year warranty and services so you're not really missing out on anything else. Just FOMO haha.

The Anniversary Edition of the Mason V2 would use a slightly smaller shell design, but the original Mason V2 shell is still designed with the contours of the ear in mind. The V2 was actually tweaked (compared to V1 shells) to improve the fit and comfort for our western base, as we previously focused significantly more on the eastern market, and thus our IEMs tend to fit that base a bit better.

The transition period can definitely get a bit confusing, with all the changes coming in. Hopefully this clears some things up for you!

Extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate your response.

FOMO is strong these days. Time to save a few more bucks. Argh, this reminds me of standing in line for an iPhone 8 on launch day, only to realize in the back of my mind that I'll want the X in two months :)

-Collin-

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #50 of 553
The whole concept of the Dual-Tone cable is to provide a high quality cable that covers the needs of those that prefer the 2 more common cable materials. The ideal situation is that the user will be satisfied with the sound as well as the comfort of the cable (we spent a lot of time making a cable with almost zero memory and is comfortable). Of course, that's the ideal situation and we recognize that there will be those out there that prefer a different material or maker of choice.

Hopefully, there will be cable makers that will be able to provide cabling services for our connector and pin configuration in the future. We were also given a few suggestions that we're still looking at the possibility of exploring - nothing's set in stone at this time though. There have been suggestions of perhaps creating an adaptor, or to further develop our idea of the Dual-Tone cable and create cables with more materials in mind. For the adaptor, the question of bulk and comfort would be a big issue to overcome. Both ideas, especially the latter, would also take a good bit of investment and time to accomplish.

This seems quite lovely actually :darthsmile:

I mean, I tend to prefer silver cables when I test them, but I think that having the option can be really nice, especially if it is included in the package.

That construction will also mean that the whole cable is more robus and less prone to issues, so I'm happy that Unique Melody thought this through :smile_phones:

Jan 30, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #51 of 553
Extremely helpful and I greatly appreciate your response.

FOMO is strong these days. Time to save a few more bucks. Argh, this reminds me of standing in line for an iPhone 8 on launch day, only to realize in the back of my mind that I'll want the X in two months :)

-Collin-

Haha well I'm certainly not here to encourage any ... ... ... irresponsible activities... :thinking:

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #53 of 553
This is such great news, I was always curious about UM iems, but never had a chance to try them.
I am really hoping that I can get my hands on any of their products, to know about the house sound signature of UM

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #55 of 553
I dont think UM has a house sound though, they offer a variety of them! if anything they seem to focus more on a natural/neutral sound for their higher end ones

Going with other reviews and my personal experience with UM Martians, where they are tight and detailed, with a nice treble extension and an enhanced treble, I tend to agree with you, UM seems to make a IEM for everybody, covering a wide range of tastes.

Jan 31, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #56 of 553
Wanted to take part in survey... but... I have no facebook (and I will NOT)... how can I take part of this? Alternatives? I really don`t like when everything is done only one way.

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #59 of 553
The big question for me is if the DualTone cable is balanced as well and when is an adaptor gonna be available for 2.5..
Review coming soon
IMG_20180125_140007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back