Ultrasone Signature DJ
Nov 8, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #301 of 2,701
And I really do want refinement. It's why I couldn't make the Pro 900 work with EQ. SDJ could be it. 

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #302 of 2,701
I honestly don't need much more bass than the Sig Pro. Just a little more! I am dying to hear them. 
How do U like your mids? The SigDJ has rather less mids than the SigPro. If you like the SigPro & just want a little more bass, how about adding the DigiZoid to the component chain?

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #303 of 2,701
Quote:
Based on AnakChan's review, neither are the Signature DJs.  The AKG K267 may hit that mark even though they are piddly $300 headphones :wink:

LOL ....Smartypants
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #304 of 2,701
Quote:
How do U like your mids? The SigDJ has rather less mids than the SigPro. If you like the SigPro & just want a little more bass, how about adding the DigiZoid to the component chain?

@AnakChan- Would it be possible for you to rank overall bass presence/impact/punch for the following:

TH900
Sig Pro
Sig DJ
M-100

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #305 of 2,701
Quote:

I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #306 of 2,701
Quote:
I can be ok with recessed mids for this purpose. Normally I like pretty solid mids, like the SigPro. But for my purposes with the SigDJ, recessed is fine, as long as that doesn't leave the highs out there being too much. As long as the bass is tight, mids sound natural, and the highs sparkle without getting fatiguing at loud volumes, I am in. 

Good news, TimeLord wants to send me another Signature Pro so that I can compare properly. Means I may get to keep the Signature DJ for another week to do that comparison more properly.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #308 of 2,701
I tell you what though, the Sig DJ will have to be something quite special to beat out my MG6Pro for bass authority and fun. I can't even explain to you what these can do. I have never heard anything like it. It makes the Pro 900 bass sounds like whispy cotton balls. It takes them out back and spills its guts all up and down the alley. All that without trampling the mids and highs. PURE magic. They break all the rules. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #309 of 2,701
The daily RMC Audio Sig DJ update, brought to you by SoundFreaq:

Bo says they have heard nothing. The last thing they heard was "a couple weeks." But it's been a couple weeks. And they keep saying a couple weeks. They "refuse to give an ETA."

AnakChan, do you think the SDJ has more or less high end than SP? Or can you tell yet?

Nov 9, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #310 of 2,701
In regards to the Signature DJ Ultrasone USA has gone from hard to reach to impossible to communicate with. Not sure why but attempts to contact them have been failing for about 2 weeks now. Apologize for the inconvience. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #311 of 2,701
Quote:
In regards to the Signature DJ Ultrasone USA has gone from hard to reach to impossible to communicate with. Not sure why but attempts to contact them have been failing for about 2 weeks now. Apologize for the inconvience. 

Even when these are available, that is cause for concern if we have warranty issues that require follow up related to Ultrasone.

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #312 of 2,701
Wow!

Erik has an account here from 2008 with only 2 posts! That's impressive! LOL

I guess we will keep on waiting... but if I find a deal somewhere else, I think I'm going to ask for a cancel/refund...

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #313 of 2,701
Reminds me of NSL (Northern Sound and Light) back in the day - 06/07.  They were offering the Ultrasone line at unbeleivable prices.  If I recall the ED-9 was selling for $1100 from them, meanwhile other retailers wanted the full pop ($1600 - going from memory here).

Those that were lucky enough to take advantage of this offer made out well.  Unfortunately Ultrasone got word of these extreme discounts and pulled the line altogether.  Hopefully this is not the case with RMC, or a sign of what is to come.

DISCLAIMER : When memory is referred to please take into account early onset of possible Dementia.

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #315 of 2,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back