Ultrasone Signature DJ
Oct 31, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #197 of 2,701
Quote:
Could you please elaborate now that you have heard the DJ again?  What would you say are the differences between the DJ, PRO, and Edition 8?

before/first time, i was using some schiit amp with some unknown source.  that ain't bad i remember.  maybe i didn't listen to my home rig for a long time.  felt like sig pro, which i love, with bigger bass. today, i listened again with just my portable setup.  an ipod, apple lossless, with sr71a, which i usually use with sig pro when i'm away.  today, i felt, it's dark, it's lifeless.  recessed mids.  the high extent nice enough though.  of course that comparing to sig pro.  maybe i've been using my home rig a lot lately?  the recessed mids, felt like ed8 with a bad(portable) amp/source.  so maybe that's why?  now i'm thinking if i should get this, or maybe i'll get ed8 first?  or something else.  i have everything i need.  i just want something i want
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #198 of 2,701
Quote:
before/first time, i was using some schiit amp with some unknown source.  that ain't bad i remember.  maybe i didn't listen to my home rig for a long time.  felt like sig pro, which i love, with bigger bass. today, i listened again with just my portable setup.  an ipod, apple lossless, with sr71a, which i usually use with sig pro when i'm away.  today, i felt, it's dark, it's lifeless.  recessed mids.  the high extent nice enough though.  of course that comparing to sig pro.  maybe i've been using my home rig a lot lately?  the recessed mids, felt like ed8 with a bad(portable) amp/source.  so maybe that's why?  now i'm thinking if i should get this, or maybe i'll get ed8 first?  or something else.  i have everything i need.  i just want something i want
tongue_smile.gif

Have you heard the Ed8 yet?

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #202 of 2,701
Quote:

i've heard it.  i said the recessed mids felt like ed8 on the bad amp.  ed8 on good/better source and amp sound much better.  no recessed mids at all.  i heard ed8 long long time ago.  2, 3 years ago? 

The reason is 'cos I was an Ed8LE owner for 9 months and sold it with the intention of buying the SigPros after demoing the SigPros on numerous occasions. However, on the day that I was ready to buy the SigPros, I made the fatal mistake of trying the TH-900s and that sold me completely. Anyhow that's besides the point. I felt the SigPros were sonically more satisfying than the Ed8's.

My Ed8s were amped through various sources - HP-P1, Pico Slim, SR-71B, Benchmark DAC1 Pre, ALO Rx Mk3, Go-DAP 4.0 (AD8397 & OPA1612), & DX100. I didn't feel significant improvements over those various sources/amps, enough to make me want to keep them anyway.

Anyhow, on a more on topic note, Timelord has shipped me loaner SigPros and SigDJs today so hopefully I'll get them tomorrow. I have a week with both these headphones for impressions.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #204 of 2,701
Quote:
you've been there earlier this year?

I am in Hong Kong every three months or so. I have never been to Aura though; you actually told me about it in this thread when I asked where one can hear the high end Ultrasones in Hong Kong.

Last time I was in your city, I camped at Jaben and had a serious Final Audio / FitEar session. Lots of fun.  :)

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #205 of 2,701
Quote:

The reason is 'cos I was an Ed8LE owner for 9 months and sold it with the intention of buying the SigPros after demoing the SigPros on numerous occasions. However, on the day that I was ready to buy the SigPros, I made the fatal mistake of trying the TH-900s and that sold me completely. Anyhow that's besides the point. I felt the SigPros were sonically more satisfying than the Ed8's.

My Ed8s were amped through various sources - HP-P1, Pico Slim, SR-71B, Benchmark DAC1 Pre, ALO Rx Mk3, Go-DAP 4.0 (AD8397 & OPA1612), & DX100. I didn't feel significant improvements over those various sources/amps, enough to make me want to keep them anyway.

Anyhow, on a more on topic note, Timelord has shipped me loaner SigPros and SigDJs today so hopefully I'll get them tomorrow. I have a week with both these headphones for impressions.

you need to hear something better, or a stationary amp.  after all you've heard mostly portable amp(no dis).  the best of portable amp, still not even close to most home amp(same price). benchmark dac1 is decent as a dac, not exactly good for the amp part. 

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #207 of 2,701
Quote:

I am in Hong Kong every three months or so. I have never been to Aura though; you actually told me about it in this thread when I asked where one can hear the high end Ultrasones in Hong Kong.

Last time I was in your city, I camped at Jaben and had a serious Final Audio / FitEar session. Lots of fun.  :)

arua also carry all final audio iem i think

yea i remember.  let me know if you need more info

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #209 of 2,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back