Ultrasone PRO 650 for $99 over at MF Stupid Deal of the Day
Jun 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #16 of 71

Quote:
lol like anyone sells them for a retail price..still a sick deal though

$100 is a great price for a ticket to the Ultrasone sound :D.  I was originally set on a Pro 750 or 2500 but didn't want to buy one until I had heard it in person, as a lot of people say they're not worth it when compared to, say, DT880 or D2000s; they're also fairly rare in the FS/T section, it seems. I've heard the Pro 650 before briefly and I liked the sound a lot for a closed hp...

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 71

Quote:
$100 is a great price for a ticket to the Ultrasone sound :D.  I was originally set on a Pro 750 or 2500 but didn't want to buy one until I had heard it in person, as a lot of people say they're not worth it when compared to, say, DT880 or D2000s; they're also fairly rare in the FS/T section, it seems. I've heard the Pro 650 before briefly and I liked the sound a lot for a closed hp...

I bet they'll be a lot less rare for a few weeks in about two months from now...

Jun 15, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #18 of 71
650 is discontinued and most retailers are out of stock. Now is the best time to get it if you want a pair.
smile.gif

Jun 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #19 of 71
well hell, I went for a set too.
I have been looking for a pair of closed 'phones for my bedside set up (Little Dot 1+) to take the place of my Sony MDR 7506's to wear falling asleep, to spare my wife the bleed through from my MS1000i's. I just can't deal with the 7506 except portable or when mixing, they just aren't pleasant for recreational listening. I wavered on pulling the trigger on these because the last thing I wanted to do was get another set of phones I will have to mod to be happy with, lets hope they work for my purposes as is. My wife has been really tolerant of me rocking the allesandros at bed time, but I figure that will run it's course eventually.

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #21 of 71

Quote:
$100 is a great price for a ticket to the Ultrasone sound :D.  I was originally set on a Pro 750 or 2500 but didn't want to buy one until I had heard it in person...

My prediction is that we will soon be seeing deals like this on the 2500 as well.

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #22 of 71
I got a pair, even though I have no need for it. I'll compare it with my M50's. Worse comes to worse, I'll sell the Ultrasones, or the M50s.

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #23 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My prediction is that we will soon be seeing deals like this on the 2500 as well.

I hope you're right. I'd love to get a 2500 on the cheap.

Jun 16, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #25 of 71
For those who missed out on this, the remaining stock was handed over to Amazon.com  (as I suspected would happen) for the same price with free shipping. Just picked up two pairs 
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #26 of 71

Quote:
For those who missed out on this, the remaining stock was handed over to Amazon.com  (as I suspected would happen) for the same price with free shipping. Just picked up two pairs 
eek.gif

if this is true, they're gone again (also they supposedly sold out last night, didn't know they had any additional stock).

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #27 of 71

Quote:
if this is true, they're gone again (also they supposedly sold out last night, didn't know they had any additional stock).

Definitely WAS true, but the 13 units reported to be on hand from Musician's Friend sold out very soon after I bought mine, and then they switched to another supplier and jacked the price back up. This is the same way it went when the HD 580 was on its way out. I'd keep an eye on Amazon.com and B&H, as prices will probably jump around a lot as supplies dwindle to nothing.

Jun 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #28 of 71
Got mine today- wasn't expecting much but sound pretty good. Nice bass. Needs some mids but these may be for movies and TV. Hopefully the sounds fills out some with use but I could live with them as is for $99. I have a feeling i'll be opening these up and playing around with mods.

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #29 of 71
Ultrasone = need burn-in. Don't do any modding until after 200hrs.

If after that you still want to tweak, check out kwkarth's thread on modding the Proline650's or Kee's Pro900 mod.

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #30 of 71
True. Ultrasones do need a good deal of burn in. Got my 650s today. I've only listened to them for a couple of minutes but so far they sound a lot like my 750s but with a better controlled bass. I'll be doing more comparisons after the 200 hour burn in mark. Loser gets sold. Let the fun begin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back