Ultrasone PRO 650 for $99 over at MF Stupid Deal of the Day
Jul 6, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #61 of 71
It's possible to overscrew it and push the contact too far up, or maybe it was not well-seated in there in the first place, or in other words, a manufacturer defect. If you can't manage to screw it in right, I would just ask for a replacement by Ultrasone or a refund from distributor.

Jul 7, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #63 of 71
Thanks to anyone who replied. As some of you pointed out, I didn't screw the connector in...

It's all good now. Thanks a bunch! 
o2smile.gif

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #64 of 71

Quote:
push in and screw...

Yes, whenever I can....
I am liking these more than I thought- nice deep bass and detailed. They certainly have their faults (highs a bit sharp and mids recessed some) but my wife and 7 year old daughter love them (they are primarily for them).
A warning for those who want to reterminate- the wires have cotton filling and getting solder to stick is not easy without burning off the the cotton. I also own the DT770/600ohm and while I feel the DT770 are more refined with better mids, the Pro650 bass is entertaining. Both are inferior to my Klipsch X10 for overall sound and enjoyment to me though.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #65 of 71

Quote:
It's possible to overscrew it and push the contact too far up, or maybe it was not well-seated in there in the first place, or in other words, a manufacturer defect. If you can't manage to screw it in right, I would just ask for a replacement by Ultrasone or a refund from distributor.

I'm not hearing much bass from my 650. Do you think mine is defective?

Jul 7, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #66 of 71
Uhhh when it isn't inserted properly or is damaged, usually the ground contacts aren't meeting, it will sound much worse than ibuds with the sound all echoey and hollow. You will know if the contacts aren't meeting properly lol.

Jul 7, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #69 of 71
From what I read the ES7 has very good bass performance. How does the rest of the frequencies on the pro 650 sound? If you aren't complaining that it sounds tinny like 50 cent headphones then chances are you have it plugged in right.

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #70 of 71
Ya, the ES7 has surprisingly big bass.  It's not like the HD25-1 ii bass.  That little can has good solid hitting bass, but it's tight and controlled.  The ES7 bass is big and booms.  Really a great feature IMO.  That and I really like the in your face presentation of the ES7.

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #71 of 71
That is such an incredible good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back