Ultrasone PRO 650 for $99 over at MF Stupid Deal of the Day
Jun 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #46 of 71
Make sure it is screwed in all the way. The first time you do it you may have to use a bit extra force because some plastic might be in the way. Do not screw it in with a lot of force though, just medium screwing.

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #47 of 71
You are my hero. Didn't have my glasses on, and I couldn't see the little threads on there. I was just pushing it in.

It's all better now. Thanks!

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #48 of 71
I still for the life of me can't find any place online that sells replacement Ultrasone ear pads... does anyone know of a site?  I'm really interested in getting some velour pads.

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #49 of 71
Ultrasone themselves sell it, I would discourage buying extra pads... because of the price -_-. I'm serious, you shouldn't click the link it'll give you a heart attack. Acix often recommended using the pro 900 earpads instead of pro 750 earpads, I personally would follow that advice since I always agree with his thoughts on headphone sound quality. #42106 and #42107 for pro 900 earpads.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/category/PRO/756.0.1.1.56.56506.28016.0.0

Jun 22, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #50 of 71

Quote:
Ultrasone themselves sell it, I would discourage buying extra pads... because of the price -_-. I'm serious, you shouldn't click the link it'll give you a heart attack. Acix often recommended using the pro 900 earpads instead of pro 750 earpads, I personally would follow that advice since I always agree with his thoughts on headphone sound quality. #42106 and #42107 for pro 900 earpads.

http://www.shopatron.com/products/category/PRO/756.0.1.1.56.56506.28016.0.0

Thanks Halox, the original pro-900 pads have a vent holes in the back of the pad. They are more comfy, more thick, and doesn't get dirty so fast as the silver ones.

Jun 22, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #51 of 71
I refuse to post listening impressions upon first listen, so nothing on that now.

However, I will say that while listening to the Pro650s, I did not hear the phone ring when my boss called me.

So, thumbs up on the Pro650 so far!

Jun 22, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #54 of 71
Today's stupid deal of the day... M-Audio Fast Track Pro - http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

An excellent alternative to the E-mu 0404 (who's popularity over the others I do not understand on these boards)

Jun 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #55 of 71
[size=medium]
[size=medium]
Quote:
for those of you with nicer/more powerful amps - how much of an improvement do you see with a Pro 650? After about 100 hours of burn-in I'm still not quite satisfied with the sound. I'm not sure if it's because they're not adequately powered (currently running them straight out of my DAP's HP out because I don't want to needlessly run out the batteries on my cmoy) or if the closed headphone sound just isn't for me, of if it's something about the Ultrasones.

[/size]

I was a little dissapointed at first because I expected more. I EQed and that helped, then I tried it out of my NAD 3155 stereo amp and they were MINDBLOWING. Bass for days. Definitely worth amping these. I'll be trying them out in a few days on a Millet Hybrid and I'll post my impressions.

Quote:
Where can I find the pro 900 pads for cheap? $30 + shipping is kind of steep.

I am under the impression that Ultrasones are engineered for the pads they come with - I used to have HFI-580s and I read that HFI velour pads fit, but made the headphones sound a lot worse. But, I don't know where else to get them.
[/size]

Jul 6, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #56 of 71
Hi everyone.  I bought the PRO 650 through a reseller on Amazon (order fulfilled by Amazon) last week when they briefly had it on sale for $118. When I plug the headphone into my laptop or my Sony MP3 player, I notice that there is no sound coming out of the right side, and I can barely hear the vocal in the music I listen to. I'm fairly new to these types of headphones, but I'm pretty sure I have a defective unit. I figure I would ask the experts here first before I initiate a RMA with Amazon.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Jul 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #60 of 71
^

make sure the connector cable are all SCREWED in..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back