ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jan 28, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #1,516 of 2,431
Quote:
You have a very good reason to be exited.
I don't know how to say it as English is not my native language, but after 3 day of breaking the phones and/or me in, they finally hit me hard on playing some classical music on them. Ipod LOD>Meier Audio Stepdance@ 12 volt(from ENERGIZER XP8000)>Ultrasone Signature PRO. Perfect sound, bass mids and treble in total harmony. Very good soundstage very good instrument separation, very dynamic no harsh treble at all. Bass is very good controlled but also very strong without being pronounced. So the mids and highs are not overshadowed by it. I hope that was understandable enough...
As you might feel from my words the cans are the best I had the pleasure of listening to.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif
Same opinion here . I've now he-400 besides my Sig-pro . Good can too but SP still keep the leadership.  This headphone do everything well. I didn't find any music in my collection which sounded bad with the SP.  he-400 is more airy , with undoubtly a bigger soundstage and more clarity. but to my ears  SP is always right in the way it provides the music.  if we add the fact , SP sounds good from anything without any specific and expensive amplification, I think we have one of the best offer in the market. 

About SP look , i'm really fan. No lies or bluff. it's a tool to enjoy the music not an item you keep on top of your fireplace. you put it on your head, silence comes, you take a breath and then you turn the music on and pleasure comes !

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #1,520 of 2,431
Quote:
Wait is over... on my head... Impressions below.

EFF YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Nice. :)  Where did you get them from?  Every one I have checked is out of stock.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #1,522 of 2,431
Welcome to the club!!!!!

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #1,523 of 2,431
We're now ready to keep this thread alive. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #1,524 of 2,431
Quote:
I believe I snagged the last pair from RMC Audio. Which is really good... At regular price I don't think I could have justified these. Funny thing was, I didn't know they were going to stop carrying Ultrasone.

Congrats ...give them some time and enjoy.

Feb 5, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #1,525 of 2,431
 Here this thread is. I must have had too many Cabs tonight and couldn't find it. Regardless, just ordered my pair today from Moon Audio. Drew was great dealing with some order issues that came up. Not sure when they'll be coming in, but am very hopeful/excited. Now I have to go through this whole thread! Only worried about my large ears as I tried the M100's and they killed my ears.

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #1,527 of 2,431
Quote:
 Here this thread is. I must have had too many Cabs tonight and couldn't find it. Regardless, just ordered my pair today from Moon Audio. Drew was great dealing with some order issues that came up. Not sure when they'll be coming in, but am very hopeful/excited. Now I have to go through this whole thread! Only worried about my large ears as I tried the M100's and they killed my ears.

I find them more comfortable than the M100s (also had those...) and better sounding.

Quote:
Reporting in. SP01187. First listen - mbv by My Bloody Valentine :)

AARGHHHH!! I NEED TO BUY THIS!!!

Feb 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #1,529 of 2,431
And here is # SP00377 @ work:

Feb 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #1,530 of 2,431
Got a pair from eBay for a bargain a few weeks back and have really been enjoying them. 

So far my headphone journey has taken me from Grado (RS1i) to Sennheiser (HD-600) and now to these glorious Ultrasone Signature Pro's and I am very happy where I've ended up.

I find the Sig Pro's to be very slightly on the warm side of neutral, which I actually prefer. They are fast and detailed with luscious bass that isn't bloated or lacking. The sound gets better with amplification and acceptably awesome without. These are a truly portable design where form follows function in productive harmony. Obviously each headphone has it's strengths and advantages giving it a place in your collection. The Sig Pro however is a great all rounder, probably the most versatile headphone I've listened to and definitely one i'll be keeping for a while. If I could take one headphone this would be it.

Any recommendations for a good Amp to pair them with? I currently have a NJC monitor 1 with a 16bit wolfson dac. I was thinking of getting a benchmark dac1 usb, balanced output would be preferable for studio monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back