ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jan 27, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #316 of 2,431
 Chatting with a few blokes I know who are actually in the HiFi trade, even they admit (somewhat reluctantly) that the good ol' days of 2 Channel big spenders
 are waning. It's not just about the cash anymore, it's about space and the ability to enjoy the stereo setup without causing a ruckus with neighbours.

A city like Melbourne is growing like a mushroom, the legend of massive backyards and frontyards is becoming mythical now, most folk are living in
 smaller places with cardboard thin walls.

The only people on reasonable money who are truly doing what ever they want are usually out in country Victoria on their own property. Sure, crank
 'The Who' at 10 minutes past midnight and air guitar away - no one will know :smile:

Everything has its place. I live in an apartment myself and I know that I shouldn't put it too loud at night. I can enjoy it during the day though :)

Jan 28, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #317 of 2,431
Can anyone comment on the LCD rev2 vs the Signature Pro? I know they are very different cans as far as open/closed dynamic/planar but id be curious to hear some opinions of those who have heard both or own both..

Would you say that the Audeze's are superior or at the same level as the Ultrasones in sound quality (with good sources/proper amplification)

Jan 28, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #318 of 2,431
never really a fan of lcd2(i think the one i heard was version 1).  it's dark, separation was not good at all(i'm just being polite).  he has a "phliip rivers" feel like to me.  people saying how great he is but when i watch the charges(sportscenter don't count).  all i saw was picks, int or bad throws.  (no dis, sorry Ahzari)

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #319 of 2,431
I have both ed8 and LCD2, and both for MY EARS are very good, with different sound signatures.

Both are very detailed. For listening in my house I love LCD2, and for listening in my work I love ed8.

Jan 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #323 of 2,431

Quote:
never really a fan of lcd2(i think the one i heard was version 1).  it's dark, separation was not good at all(i'm just being polite).  he has a "phliip rivers" feel like to me.  people saying how great he is but when i watch the charges(sportscenter don't count).  all i saw was picks, int or bad throws.  (no dis, sorry Ahzari)

no worries, I don't even own them, but on head-fi they are the go-to can for "amazing sound," I had head similar remarks about other cans, that I didn't think were that way either so its all good. 

The only reason I am on the fence right now is, I just got my WA6SE thinking I would buy something that may require WA6SE kind of power (specifically the HE500s ad T1s) but neither phone did it for me. I would just be sad all that power is going to waste.. with my D7000s I barely turn up the volume knob 10% and its already loud. 

Also many head-fi'ers refer to the Sig Pros as a great portable can, but I don't think I would take it out of the house much, so it makes me wonder if there is a better "in house" can.. cause aren't portable cans supposed to be lacking when compared to cans that require more amplification to blossom? I know none of this is set in stone and over-generalizations..

Is the Sig Pro anyones go-to can for all genres right now? also any comparisons to the D7000 in terms of musicality?

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #325 of 2,431
There's no such thing as a "best" anything in this hobby. Too much subjectivity to taste.

That being said, I've never been as enthusiastic about modded T50RPs as other head-fiers, and think some of the comments about their performance are a bit... exaggerated. The Thunderpants are very nice headphones based on the quick listens I've had of them, and Smeggy's craftsmanship is superb. I can't comment much beyond that, as the only pair I own myself is a prototype of sorts (the Lederhosen) and seems to be a bit more analytical than others describe the TPs as being.

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #326 of 2,431

Quote:
There's no such thing as a "best" anything in this hobby. Too much subjectivity to taste.

That being said, I've never been as enthusiastic about modded T50RPs as other head-fiers, and think some of the comments about their performance are a bit... exaggerated. The Thunderpants are very nice headphones based on the quick listens I've had of them, and Smeggy's craftsmanship is superb. I can't comment much beyond that, as the only pair I own myself is a prototype of sorts (the Lederhosen) and seems to be a bit more analytical than others describe the TPs as being.

I completely agree that there's no such thing as a "best". However you could like something the most. Anyways, I might just buy the thunderpants myself and compare those two.

At least the return value of money for selling something used in head-fi soceity is pretty good.

In my opinion, I agree that some of the headphones are somewhat exaggerated when someone like Tyll Hertsens, and Jude comment that they are good.

They've had a lot of experience with the headphones, so their opinions are truly believed. However they are still humans, they have the subjectivity to taste like you said.

They don't necessarily provide answers like A is better than B. People seem to treat them as an answer like myself.

I gotta try first. Thank you.

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #329 of 2,431
just ordered the sig pros 
dt880smile.png

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #330 of 2,431
this is a HP needs ultra-long run-in, but the sound is not bad just out from the box
hope you like it

where you got it, for how much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back