ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jan 31, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #331 of 2,431

Quote:
just ordered the sig pros 
dt880smile.png

Hey, congrats! I hope they hit the spot. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #334 of 2,431
Thanks guys,

my peachtree is actually a hybrid but ill likely run it on my woo audio, I like the warmer sound and tubes bring that out (but ill try both). Someone asked where I got them from, I was referred to Addicted to Audio in Melbourne Australia, gonna ship to Cali, hopefully i don't get stuck with customs charges :)).. but excited to be getting them soon!

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #335 of 2,431

Quote:
Great! Let us know how they are compared to Pro 900. 
beyersmile.png

I'm actually pretty biased towards the pro900s.. i didn't like them at all, the 2900s sounded much better (still not amazing) and I already sold my pair, the only reason I am continuing down the pro line is because a few reviewers have posted that the sig pro sounds different from the typical pro sound signature and is more similar to the edition 9 (so more neutral with a tad bit of warmth - correct me if I'm wrong current owners). In any case I'm sure it'll be a huge upgrade from the 900s... ill have some comparisons between the pro900/2900, d7000s, t1s, and HE500s (the review will have to be from memory except for the d7000s cause its are the only pair i kept from the bunch).

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #336 of 2,431

Quote:
I'm actually pretty biased towards the pro900s.. i didn't like them at all, the 2900s sounded much better (still not amazing) and I already sold my pair, the only reason I am continuing down the pro line is because a few reviewers have posted that the sig pro sounds different from the typical pro sound signature and is more similar to the edition 9 (so more neutral with a tad bit of warmth - correct me if I'm wrong current owners). In any case I'm sure it'll be a huge upgrade from the 900s... ill have some comparisons between the pro900/2900, d7000s, t1s, and HE500s (the review will have to be from memory except for the d7000s cause its are the only pair i kept from the bunch).

I'd say it's more in between the Edition 9 and Edition 8. It has highs and mids more akin to the Edition 9, but the lower end seems more like the Edition 8 to my ears. It's punchy but not as cavernous as the Edition 9. Overall the Signature Pro shares the Edition 8's more linear and uncolored** sound.

**Uncolored for Ultrasone, anyway. The Signature Pro is much closer to the Editions than the PRO line.

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #337 of 2,431

Quote:

Congrats! It'll be nice to hear your thoughts over a bowl of delicate green tea.

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #338 of 2,431

Quote:

It's quite hard to compare HP from memory(especially when time goes by), just compare it with D7k would be enough and fine for me

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #339 of 2,431

Quote:
Congrats! It'll be nice to hear your thoughts over a bowl of delicate green tea.

Thanks Silent One 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
I'd say it's more in between the Edition 9 and Edition 8. It has highs and mids more akin to the Edition 9, but the lower end seems more like the Edition 8 to my ears. It's punchy but not as cavernous as the Edition 9. Overall the Signature Pro shares the Edition 8's more linear and uncolored** sound.

**Uncolored for Ultrasone, anyway. The Signature Pro is much closer to the Editions than the PRO line.

Good to know, can't wait to try them out!

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #340 of 2,431

Quote:
this is a HP needs ultra-long run-in, but the sound is not bad just out from the box
hope you like it

where you got it, for how much?

I hope that is true. I tried a pair that were recent arrivals, only used a few minutes before I had tried them.
I left without purchasing due to a lack of warmth.

How do they pan out after a couple hundred hours? I'm still undecided on a closed can for work, was thinking about going back to the D7000s after not being exactly impressed by a fresh pair of Sig Pros.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #341 of 2,431

Quote:
I hope that is true. I tried a pair that were recent arrivals, only used a few minutes before I had tried them.
I left without purchasing due to a lack of warmth.

How do they pan out after a couple hundred hours? I'm still undecided on a closed can for work, was thinking about going back to the D7000s after not being exactly impressed by a fresh pair of Sig Pros.

Personally, I don't believe in burn-in, or at least burn-in to the extent that the sound of headphones drastically changes. I don't think the Signature Pro is ever going to sound "warm." The D7000 is a better bet if you want a warmer, more colored sound.

Feb 1, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #342 of 2,431

Quote:

Personally, I don't believe in burn-in, or at least burn-in to the extent that the sound of headphones drastically changes. I don't think the Signature Pro is ever going to sound "warm." The D7000 is a better bet if you want a warmer, more colored sound.

That's the thing, the D7000s are fun, but  too colored overall. Kinda the same distance from the desired result as the SigPros, just in the other direction.
The sig pros sounded a bit cold and sterile compared to my LCD2s and SE535s.
Perhaps another listening is in order.

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #343 of 2,431

Quote:

agree with you MuppetFace, I'm not a avid believer of burn in either... you either like the sound from the start or don't. I will admit I have noticed the sound on headphones becoming more balanced after about 5-20 hours, but when people say they need 200-300 hours to sound right, that sounds nutty to me. From the headphones I have owned that reached 300 hours I couldn't decipher a difference from the start to the end.

Feb 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #344 of 2,431
mine @ 300-500 hours sounds too sharp and bright to me, easily fatigue when listening for 2 hours or more
now I think it is about 600 something, but I think some more burn-in may be needed..

Feb 2, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #345 of 2,431

Just a bit more feedback on the Sig Pro using a Fiio E11 as a portable amp on the go - I found that they perform more admirably without
 the E11's support - could be due to Fiio's inherent warm signature across the board or that such an entry level amp is killing off so much
 detail and dynamic range.

Anyway - that's my opinion, these really don't need to be juiced but I'll test them again soon with a Ray Samuels SR71B and see
 what the verdict is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back