ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jul 20, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #2,251 of 2,431
Sorry if this has been addressed before- had trouble finding direct comparison in search:

Seeing these referred to as bright- can anyone place that in context for me relative to sennheiser HD 25, beyerdynamic DT770, DT1350 or ath-m70x?

Jul 21, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #2,252 of 2,431
  Sorry if this has been addressed before- had trouble finding direct comparison in search:

Seeing these referred to as bright- can anyone place that in context for me relative to sennheiser HD 25, beyerdynamic DT770, DT1350 or ath-m70x?

I have both Signature Pro and DT 770 Pro 32 Ohm and I don't find any treble harshness issues with Sig Pros. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about the Bayers.

Aug 8, 2015 at 10:09 PM Post #2,253 of 2,431
So, I still haven't done any gaming with the new ZMF pads, but I did want to report that my Sig Pros got a rematch against the TH900 at the Chicago meet today. I wasn't upset this time around. 
biggrin.gif
 The increased soundstage made it a much more even fight. Granted, these are meet conditions... But I found the Signature Pro faster and more engaging than the TH900. Details popped more and bass response was audibly better. The overall sound on the TH900 was still a bit more open, but it wasn't a drastic difference and likely had something to do with the V shaped sound signature of the Fostex.

Basically... I'm a happy camper. :) These are going to BTG Audio for retermination this coming week, and I'm really looking forward to pushing them as far as they'll go.

Aug 27, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #2,254 of 2,431
  TH900 is undoubtedly better, but I only get to listen to it when the stars align (no disturbance from Fiance/job/games/movies) etc. On the other hand, my Sig Pro's get headtime at work, during commutes, at coffee shops etc. If I had to only pick ONE headphone, it'd sadly have to be either Sig Pros or Edition 8. 

Edition 8s are as portable and possibly better sounding than Sig Pros, but my ears are just too big for Edition 8s earcup size and my ears start hurting after a while. 

isn't fostex "workmanship" made in china?

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #2,256 of 2,431
Originally Posted by happy hopping /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Japan

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #2,257 of 2,431
So... My reterminated Sig Pros are back from BTG Audio. I've only listened to them from my phone so far, but I have to say... Between this and the ZMF pads, these headphones are on a whole new level. I'll report back further when I get some desktop listening in. I think I'm done upgrading, though.

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #2,258 of 2,431

Japan

TH900 is made in Japan, TH600 was made in China...

Yes, having a bit deeper pads on the Sig Pro (or Sig DJ for that matter) would be very welcome... the stock pads are quite good actually (dimensions and feeling on the skin), but just not deep enough unfortunately. Still I think I'll pass on changing pads, selling the Sig Pro soon -- sits unused for quite some time now...

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,259 of 2,431

TH900 is made in Japan, TH600 was made in China...

Yes, having a bit deeper pads on the Sig Pro (or Sig DJ for that matter) would be very welcome... the stock pads are quite good actually (dimensions and feeling on the skin), but just not deep enough unfortunately. Still I think I'll pass on changing pads, selling the Sig Pro soon -- sits unused for quite some time now...

how long have you been using it ?  And when did it feel "not deep enough"?

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #2,260 of 2,431

how long have you been using it ?  And when did it feel "not deep enough"?

While I owned it for about 1 year now I rarely used it at all due to its sound signature not really fitting my taste. And it stayed in its box since I moved. Mid of February.
My ears simply tough the baffle in front of the driver, so 'not deep enough' is a rather immediate feeling. Same with the Sig DJ, but I like its sound signature much more...

Sep 30, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #2,261 of 2,431
  I have both Signature Pro and DT 770 Pro 32 Ohm and I don't find any treble harshness issues with Sig Pros. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about the Bayers.

I just purchased the Signature Pro from another member and I must say I'm very impressed. I don't have any sibilance issues and the bass hits pretty hard and is really tight. So far it's handled everything that I've thrown at it.

I have the Beyer DT 770 pro 205 ohm edition and I definitely noticed sibilance on some tracks there. Not so on the sig pros.

I would say that it's on another level than my DT 770, which I play on selling, which is why I need 12 more posts so I better get posting! :)

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,262 of 2,431
Ultransone FINALLY come thru for me.  Their distributor finally can get me a test model for me to try out.  There is indeed a very noticeable difference vs. my old sony MDR-V900.  In fact, even the beep beep sound generated by my CD player sounded sharper.

The delivery is very clean, the back ground sound that is somewhat blur from my Sony, becomes very distinct and sharp on the Signature Pro.  A very refined unit, excellent workmanship.

So I am definitely buying this headphone.

There is no discomfort on the leather padding, so I don't see any reason for me to swap the padding to something else.

Oct 1, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #2,263 of 2,431
  Ultransone FINALLY come thru for me.  Their distributor finally can get me a test model for me to try out.  There is indeed a very noticeable difference vs. my old sony MDR-V900.  In fact, even the beep beep sound generated by my CD player sounded sharper.

The delivery is very clean, the back ground sound that is somewhat blur from my Sony, becomes very distinct and sharp on the Signature Pro.  A very refined unit, excellent workmanship.

So I am definitely buying this headphone.

There is no discomfort on the leather padding, so I don't see any reason for me to swap the padding to something else.

Glad you liked it!

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #2,264 of 2,431
Not only that.  Just after I finished off listening to the headphone, I walked back to my car, I then turn on the car's CD player, it's a 2002 model toyota.  That's when I notice for the 1st time, how poor the sound is from those 2 speaker in my car.

Oct 8, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #2,265 of 2,431
Is it still possible to get a brand new sig pro in the market? Majority audio shop doesn't carry this model anymore.

Saw some on the Amazon but not sure how reliable those stocks coming from.

Any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back