ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Oct 8, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #2,266 of 2,431
Oct 9, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #2,269 of 2,431
Oct 9, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #2,271 of 2,431
Appreciate for the help.

Today one of the audio shop is clearing of their demo sig pro with the selling price US400. Seems pretty attractive price only thing consider as use item.

Need to check on the condition before pulling the trigger.

Ask to see if there are any tips or tears on the headband and ear pads, any scratches or cracks on the ear cups or joints, and if the case, 2 cables (5' and 8-9'), and box are included. Most importantly, ask about the return policy, just in case the sound is imbalanced.

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #2,274 of 2,431

Just changed pads to Yamaha MT-200 stock ones. Though my beloved SigPros are finally over ear (with original pads they are semi on ear) and more or less comfortable, they have lost the magic of their bass. The bass is still there but it's not deep enough and lack its former rumble. The amount of bass is now comparable with Beyer T70p. As to fit, it's a bit loose but the pads can never voluntarily turn or fall off. They also made my ears sweat after 40 minutes of walking in a pretty fresh morning.

As next ones I would like to try Brainwavz HM5 velour memory pads that have a good feedback among head-fiers. Has anybody here tried them with SigPros?

P. S. Sorry for the crappy pictures taken at work by a phone.

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #2,275 of 2,431

As next ones I would like to try Brainwavz HM5 velour memory pads that have a good feedback among head-fiers. Has anybody here tried them with SigPros?

The Brainwavz HM5 velour memory pads make the sound airier. A little bit of the impact is gone, but the quality and extension improved. The Brainwavz HM5 velour memory pads work better for live performances, too.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #2,276 of 2,431
The Brainwavz HM5 velour memory pads make the sound airier. A little bit of the impact is gone, but the quality and extension improved. The Brainwavz HM5 velour memory pads work better for live performances, too.

Thank you for sharing your impressions. How do evaluate their fit? Have you also tried the HM5 pleather pads?

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #2,277 of 2,431
Thank you for sharing your impressions. How do evaluate their fit? Have you also tried the HM5 pleather pads?

The fit works very well. If the HM5 pleather pads are like the FA-002W pleather pads, I think you are better off with the stock leather pads, as the FA-002W pleather pad foam flattened so much, my ear eventually hit the driver baffle (despite the supposed roominess), and the after-a-half-an-hour sweatiness in AC conditioning made them unusable for me.

Nov 8, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #2,280 of 2,431
Did you pad rollers find your ideal compromise yet?

I'm getting rid of my pair as I just require their isolation or portability anymore. Back to semi/open models for me. ;P

Nope. I bought a pair of Brainwavz HM5 velour pads. Though the comfort level improved immensely SigPros sound has become overly bright and lost a lot of bass impact. What else should I try? Getting tired from inability to enjoy them properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back