ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Nov 8, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #2,281 of 2,431
Nope. I bought a pair of Brainwavz HM5 velour pads. Though the comfort level improved immensely SigPros sound has become overly bright and lost a lot of bass impact. What else should I try? Getting tired from inability to enjoy them properly.

Try the Brainwavz Hybrid Ear Pads:

http://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/headphone-pad-hybrid

Nov 12, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #2,282 of 2,431
  Tried SigPros with Alpha Pads. A combination to be avoided. Clarity is lost, bass becomes uncontrolled and boomy and overall sound is muddy. Zero enjoyment.

I've been using my Sigpros with Alpha pads for awhile, and find them comfortable for long-hours of use. Sound is still good. They do fit loose around the earphones.

What pads would you recommend?

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #2,284 of 2,431

I've been using my Sigpros with Alpha pads for awhile, and find them comfortable for long-hours of use. Sound is still good. They do fit loose around the earphones.

What pads would you recommend?

I don't agree to that. I tried SigPros with Alpha Pads and though the level of comfort improved massively the result was dark and boomy sound signature that lacked sparkle.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #2,285 of 2,431
Quote:
  Has anybody alse noticed serious comfort issues with SigPros? The headband is simply too large and thus the earcups make pressure on upper part of ears. Listening for more than one hour becomes uncomfortable. Is there a remedy for it?
I have the same problem. Looks like a design fault. All other headphones I have and had I had to pull out by
half. Nothing to do with my head size.

Solution is to take out the two little screws ( each side ) of the plastic parts ( one with the serial number on it ) and
carefully take the leather headband out. Than put some padding in ( maybe tissues etc....) to get the extra
few mm. For me 7mm was enough to get it exactly in the right position. It also improves the sound. The leather
has a special "locking track" ( don't know the right word - english is not my native.....) you can easy close again.
The easiest way  of course is put something between your head and the headphone to lift the thing up.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #2,286 of 2,431
  Has anybody alse noticed serious comfort issues with SigPros? The headband is simply too large and thus the earcups make pressure on upper part of ears. Listening for more than one hour becomes uncomfortable. Is there a remedy for it?

Once I asked Ultrasone what to do about the pressure issue.
They said just take the pads out and put them in reversed.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #2,290 of 2,431
I just purchased this for christmas.  How many of  you think that the sound quality of this headphone would be improved noticeably via  a Sony PHA-3 portable DAC amplifier ?

http://www.sony.com/electronics/headphone-amplifiers/pha-3

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #2,291 of 2,431
  I just purchased this for christmas.  How many of  you think that the sound quality of this headphone would be improved noticeably via  a Sony PHA-3 portable DAC amplifier ?

http://www.sony.com/electronics/headphone-amplifiers/pha-3

Compared to what?
No info - no help.

pha-3 has special balanced output for some sony's products, it makes no sence to buy this one for SigPros, in my opinion.

Jan 4, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #2,292 of 2,431
  Compared to what?
No info - no help.

pha-3 has special balanced output for some sony's products, it makes no sence to buy this one for SigPros, in my opinion.

you are right, the signature pro has no balance output, but PHA-3 does have unbalance output as well

I have a portable CD player, I want to know if there is any noticeable different of portable CD player via fiber optic output to PHA-3 to Signature Pro, versus CD player to Signture Pro directly?

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #2,293 of 2,431
Compared to what?
No info - no help.

I have just had my Signature Pros converted for balanced use. I only got them back yesterday, but so far I'd have to say that it's a major step forward in sound quality for a headphone that I thought already sounded terrific.

Jan 9, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #2,294 of 2,431
exactly how do you convert that?

Also I got my signature pro the other day, there is a big difference vs. my old Sony V700

so I wonder if we compares Signature Pro to Edition 8 carbon for e.g., what do we gain from  Edition 8?

Jan 9, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #2,295 of 2,431
  exactly how do you convert that?

Also I got my signature pro the other day, there is a big difference vs. my old Sony V700

so I wonder if we compares Signature Pro to Edition 8 carbon for e.g., what do we gain from  Edition 8?

The signature pros were intended to be the next step up from the edition 8. The "carbon" edition looks like they just changed the cosmetic appearance of the unit. 

The Ultrasone Edition 8 and Signature Pros really came from a headphone era when a "high end" closed headphone didn't exist. The last few years of new headphones kind of make them obsolete at their price point. There's a lot of competition that outdoes them, so if you want an "upgrade" options do exist now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back