ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jan 23, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #2,102 of 2,431
  Hi guys , i have one question : a pure silver cable will it enhance the SQ of the Sigpro ? Thanks in advance . 

Some say it will and does.  Its purely a matter of opinion.

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #2,104 of 2,431
I've tried quite a few headphone cables for the sig pro. Cheap aftermarket, silver/copper, pure silver and out of them all the oyaide cable impressed the most. 

I personally think that the difference between the oyaide and stock is large with the sig pro. Switching cables on other headphones have resulted in less differences in my experience. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,105 of 2,431
I have a oyaide cable that i don't use that i'll sell, if searcher is interested. Have to dig it out of cable box. Didn't work for me but sound is improved. I'm just to tactile and the stiffness bugged me. I have had issues with cables on other phones to because of that, it's just me probably not the cable. pm if interested and i will dig it out and send a pict.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #2,106 of 2,431
  I have a oyaide cable that i don't use that i'll sell, if searcher is interested. Have to dig it out of cable box. Didn't work for me but sound is improved. I'm just to tactile and the stiffness bugged me. I have had issues with cables on other phones to because of that, it's just me probably not the cable. pm if interested and i will dig it out and send a pict.

Hi , i am interested ,but what do you mean by didn't work for you ? Problems of connection with the SigPro ?

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2,107 of 2,431

I've tried quite a few headphone cables for the sig pro. Cheap aftermarket, silver/copper, pure silver and out of them all the oyaide cable impressed the most. 

I personally think that the difference between the oyaide and stock is large with the sig pro. Switching cables on other headphones have resulted in less differences in my experience. 

Interesting... What would you say was improved in the sound?

Depending on the other answer, I might be interested as well. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #2,108 of 2,431
I pm. The problem is not with the connection, just too stiff for me to use comfortable portable, and the plug is a little to long. A pretty minor issue, i just stopped using the cable because for me the stock cable was easier and i mainly use the SigPro portable/transportable.

Jan 25, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #2,109 of 2,431
I pm. The problem is not with the connection, just too stiff for me to use comfortable portable, and the plug is a little to long. A pretty minor issue, i just stopped using the cable because for me the stock cable was easier and i mainly use the SigPro portable/transportable.

I haven't compared the Oyaide to the stock cable sound-wise, but I also switched back to the stock cable for the same reasons you did.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #2,110 of 2,431
  Interesting... What would you say was improved in the sound?

Depending on the other answer, I might be interested as well. 
tongue_smile.gif

I think I wrote about it last year on this thread. When I did a solid A/B, the bass extension was an immediate and noticeable difference. This reduced the midbass hump present and along with more sizzle in the higher frequencies contributed to 'opening up' the overall sound.

BUT the stiffness (and corresponding microphonics) is annoying. If you're die-hard, you get used to it though
wink_face.gif

Feb 23, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #2,113 of 2,431
How would you guys compare this headphone to HD800, LCD-X, HE-6?? they're in the same price range.

I have the Sig Pro and HE-6. They are wholly different headphones, with vastly different sound signatures, amplification requirements, and use cases. With that said, a few notes:

Properly amped, the HE-6 is one of the most highly resolving and technically accomplished headphones currently available. The Sig Pro is enjoyable and good for what it does, but ultimately is not close to the HE-6 in terms of overall ability.

The sound signature of the Sig Pro is more of a "fun" and less strictly neutral type than the 6. Bass is certainly more accentuated on the Sig Pro.

The Sig Pro is a closed headphone and the HE-6 is open, meaning the Sig Pro is vastly better at isolating you from external noise.

The HE-6 is exceptionally difficult to amp adequately (I run mine directly from a speaker amp, as do many 6 owners), which can mean considerable effort and expense.  The Sig Pro is exponentially easier to drive and does not require ludicrously powerful amplification. 

The HE-6 is quite heavy, which bothers some people (myself not among them). The Sig Pro is much lighter and, for some, therefore more comfortable.

There are a number of other considerations as well (cable connectors, production status, etc), but your best bet is to determine what your goal is and move from there. Looking for the potential for highest quality sound? HE-6, hands down. Looking for the best approximation of quality sound that you can use on the go from your phone? Most definitely the Sig Pro. So crystalizing  what you hope to achieve should help out a lot. 

I have heard the LCD-X and HD800 before at meets, but never at length in my own system, so my opinion won't be worth much there, but if I had to rank the four you picked by overall quality versus my personal preferences, in decending order they would be: HE-6 > LCD-X > HD800 > Sig Pro, and I might swap the bottom two (I am not particularly fond of the HD800 sound). The HE-6 is clearly and significantly better than the others for my preferences; yours may differ.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Feb 23, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #2,114 of 2,431
Soundstage is going to be the biggest difference.

Depending on luck / aftermarket cable modifications (faulty stock cable) something like a T5p would compare more easily to them open back headphones. 

The sig pro meanwhile is more in the same line of the m50's, shure 840, focal spirit pro....The sig pro (with oyaide cable) excels these to the point where I'd find it strange if one didn't prefer the ultrasone. Overall it's a very rugged, well made, portable closed back headphone that's easy to like. It's actually my most used headphone for the past year, so I rate it highly!
I think every headphone enthusiast at one point or another feels the need for something in this line of headphones.

Feb 23, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2,115 of 2,431
I see. Signature Pro is $1200. I'm surprised to find that it's not better than other headphones in the same price range.
Do you think you can use Sig Pro for professional monitoring and mixing?
Then, how does it sound compared to T1, SRH1840, AKG 812 Pro, the flagship phones of others companies?

I've heard about HE-6's great sound quality. I didn't know if it's ahead of HD800, LCD-X. They both have good reviews.
HE-500 seems interesting too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back