Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #8,461 of 9,690
  The straight RCA connector is exactly where both of mine broke.

Yeah I understand u had 2 of your UE1 went bad,that's not good......you sure only the 3.5mm jack side went bad?for both? even if the memory side or pins or any part of the cable goes wrong the sound will not be good on that particular channel,for that matter. I had mine into same issue and found the legit reason,posted my findings,fix on this forum. if you are 100% sure on the jack/strain relief on that, then it is more likely you mostly slide into your pocket with or w/o device? just my guess. :D

we'll be happy if FiiO would've already heard this and may be new RC-UE3 will have 90 deg angled jack against straight, next year. Again FiiO NEVER announced the said model but just a small expectation from us.
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #8,462 of 9,690
  Yeah I understand u had 2 of your UE1 went bad,that's not good......you sure only the 3.5mm jack side went bad?for both? even if the memory side or pins or any part of the cable goes wrong the sound will not be good on that particular channel,for that matter. I had mine into same issue and found the legit reason,posted my findings,fix on this forum. if you are 100% sure on the jack/strain relief on that, then it is more likely you mostly slide into your pocket with or w/o device? just my guess. :D

we'll be happy if FiiO would've already heard this and may be new RC-UE3 will have 90 deg angled jack against straight, next year. Again FiiO NEVER announced the said model but just a small expectation from us.
biggrin.gif

Yes it was at the RCA connector, even had a Dark Lord cable break at that point. I detail cars, so it seems being in my pocket with any straight RCA connector is bad for me. I now have a cable with an angle and its been fine. Superior cable made by Ted who posts here, at a amazingly good price.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #8,463 of 9,690
  Yes it was at the RCA connector, even had a Dark Lord cable break at that point. I detail cars, so it seems being in my pocket with any straight RCA connector is bad for me. I now have a cable with an angle and its been fine. Superior cable made by Ted who posts here, at a amazingly good price.

oh yeah, now I recall from my old memory.....we exchanged this same info some time back. hmm.....let's see how ur new cable lives with......as only straight 3.5mm jack is good for u,IMHO. of-course customs will have longer life than after-markets.
wink.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #8,464 of 9,690

TRS, not RCA, for your information :wink:

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #8,465 of 9,690

Do yourself a favor and get the Earsonics SM3v2 :)

I have the 900 and the UM3X and unless the 4 is a big departure from the sonic signature I love the SM3v2 the best.

I'm not really interested n getting an UE900 or W4r.  I was just having fun...and I may have been having fun under the influence of a certain beverage that comes from Ireland.

I am possibly looking to make an IEM purchase in the $500 range.  Now already owning a very good triple ba I am thinking that maybe I want to check out a hybrid.
The Astrotec AX-60 are looking really nice to me.

Nov 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #8,468 of 9,690
any recommendations for a cheap iem that sounds similar to tf10?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have not heard them but I from what I remember the Fischer Audio Silver Bullet and the Hisound Audio BA100 might be a close to the TF10 in terms of sound sig. I have the BA100 on its way and will review it in the next few weeks,

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #8,473 of 9,690
I've been using Comply's for a few years, recently the wax guard Isolations.  I started to wonder if they were cutting off the highs, got a set of the Sony's (cheaper by far as well) and boy do I have strong highs (and stronger bass) now.  Running TF-10's with HeadPhoneLounge Hybrid cable from a Colorfly C3 through a C&C amp set on flat.  The upper treble is just this side of hissy, and the bass is fuller across the soundstage.  Gonna try them on a walk (that's when I use them) and see how they sound with all the movement (so far, I've just used them while sitting).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back