Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #8,446 of 9,690

Yes, very happy. Cosmic Ears workmanship is excellent and apart from the standard customisations options they offer, are also prepared to discuss unique, one off shell designs with their customers. I have a pair of their customs too (HY3 model) and they are also great. Fit is just right, cables are good quality.

Have no fear in using them, their MD is very focussed on pleasing his customers and goes to extraordinary lengths to do so.

Then I shall begin saving for the Customs! Thanks for your help 
dt880smile.png

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #8,449 of 9,690
At one time I was interested in doing a custom dual driver Ety ER4P, Apocalyptic (?) had one done and I was intrigued, and wanted to get one made.  I emailed every custom company on Joe's list probably about 15-16 companies including the big ones and noone wanted to do a "one off project,"  except cosmic, he said he'd do it.
Quote:

Damn.....so finally who carved ur tf10? declined? why?

Nov 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #8,450 of 9,690

Yes, very happy. Cosmic Ears workmanship is excellent and apart from the standard customisations options they offer, are also prepared to discuss unique, one off shell designs with their customers. I have a pair of their customs too (HY3 model) and they are also great. Fit is just right, cables are good quality.

Have no fear in using them, their MD is very focussed on pleasing his customers and goes to extraordinary lengths to do so.

Hey, just interested in how you find the TF10 vs the HY3? Really interested in the HY3, but hope the bass is not too much, and reduction in clarity.

Also does sound sig change when reshelling?

Nov 11, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #8,452 of 9,690

Hey, just interested in how you find the TF10 vs the HY3? Really interested in the HY3, but hope the bass is not too much, and reduction in clarity.

Also does sound sig change when reshelling?

They are totally different. The TF10 reshelled, retains its v-shaped sound sig, and because obviously a custom fit for your ears gives better isolation, you end up with a TF10 that sounds even more TF10'y, so if you like that sound sig, then you'll love it even more.

The HY3 is not more bassy than the TF10, it is just more capable of reaching lower with that dynamic driver than the TF10 can manage. Overall the HY3 is much more balanced than the TF10, and has a smooth treble with a slight roll off on the top end, not at all like the TF10's brighter treble.

The HY3 is a much more accomplished sound than the TF10 overall, and responds much better to EQ than the TF10 does. I like them both, for different reasons. The TF10 is still my preference for classic rock, but I prefer the HY3 for pretty much anything else.

Nov 11, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #8,454 of 9,690
Awesome thanks. So the HY3s have about the same bass quantity as TF10, or less? If similar, the HY3 sounds perfect for me, I enjoy rolled off treble, TF10 has about max as I would want.

Without EQ,the HY3 bass is less prominent than the Tf10 would be. The HY3 is so amenable to EQ however, that you can pretty much dial in whatever settings you like, without ruining the overall sound. Want more or less bass, dial it in, like a bit more in the mids, dial it in etc.etc. Cosmic Ears house sound is relatively neutral and errs on the side of smooth. If in any doubt about what would suit you best from their range, Phil Gartell, the MD of Cosmic Ears can offer his advice to you based on the type of music you listen to and your preferred sound signature. If you drop him an email he is very approachable and will be happy to discuss with you. To be clear, I have no connection with CE,other than as a very satisfied customer.

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #8,458 of 9,690

I hope the UE2 is better than the UE1 that I went through 2 of.

sure it is......it's braided than conventional cable,silver plated for sound difference/improvement.only the 3.5mm jack is little large and straight to 90 deg stock one.good part is no mem wire just curved.

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #8,459 of 9,690
I picked up a cable today from Headphone Lounge. I do wish that when I had the TF10 for the first time there was a cable as soft and flexible as the one I have now at the $100 price range. Custom cables were more expensive at that time and I didn't want to pay so much for a universal that didn't cost that much more than the cable. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back